eufyCam Software Update and New Timeline

add335e503a4b4407844ddd2048484d6_original

Your timeline has expired, possible to tick off what’s been completed (hopefully all of it) & give us a new one from July onwards?
@AnkerOfficial @AnkerSupport @AnkerTechnical

2 Likes

Hope dies last … +1

1 Like

Hello!@yamyam Sincerely apologize for all disappointment caused! We’ll continue forwarding the concerns of new updates to our engineer team and hope they can accelerate the related process. In the previous months, they’ve released HomeBase Wi-Fi setup, improved the camera sensitivity by firmware upgrade, introduced beta test for activity zone and geofencing, etc. We do know there still a long way for us to go. Please rest assured that all eufy team members will keep working! Thank you!

2 Likes

As long as you keep walking the eufy cam way with us (or alone) … until the end and all work is done … no problem. But as longer the periods without updates, fixes, improvements, new/updated features or at least timeline infos and upcoming firmware update details are (posted by eufy/anker at the forum) … as harder it gets and hope fades.

But as said … as long as there are still people working at/about/for eufy cam and they still listen to the community, an no other products or future products gets focused mainly … everything is ok so far.

But it’s time to be more “active” in the forum … answer all the questions, feedback, reports, ideas and suggestions! I now it costs some time … but this way we know you are not dead or sleeping and still listen.

Continue with the good work and keep the updates coming to satisfy your kings … the paying customers.

Thx :heart_decoration:

App-Update incoming!

Thank you @AnkerOfficial for the very detailed and extensively explained App Update! :+1:

2 Likes

eufyCam%20%20The%20Wirefree%20Security%20Cam%20with%20365%20Day%20Battery%20by%20Eufy%20Security%20%E2%80%94%20Kickstarter

There is a lot of “work” splitting the community into ANKER and Soundcore.:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Don’t forget all the work they’re putting in on the eufy community :joy:

1 Like

Jokes of the year, thanks guys :clap:
I would :rofl: if it wouldn’t be so true, serious, shameful and sad at the same time.

@yamyam you may want to check this out

I know you was worried about the camera battery, it turns out that the homebase has 1/5 of the original life

1 Like

In the meanwhile nothing surprises me any more when eufy is talked about :roll_eyes:
They already lost me and the hell will need to freeze before i buy any more eufy product.
Cashing in over 3 million dollars and then delivering a non-finished product with tons of issues which development already ended a couple of months after release, even if there are plenty open promises and features. wow.

And on top, the try to hush up everything since months!
The customers and critics will come to silent sometime, they think.
As long as there are enough customers they can trap with the cam, they will not change their behaviour and product policy i guess.

Can’t tell you how much frustrated and disappointed i am.

Excellent job done eufy! :clap:
… at least your bank balance is right!

Hey guys … wanna have a hard laugh? (or better say shock)

See this joke:

Ugly as hell and even on eufy cam 2 they havn’t fixed and done the activity / motion detection zone issue correct at all! Even if we tell them since months HOW it MUST work for legal reasons. OMG … they just don’t listen: [eufy cam] Motion Detection Zones aka "Activity Zones" - Issues

But we know now, approved with this post i linked at first above:

R.I.P. eufy cam 1

… i do not believe they will invest any more fix, update, improvement or features they promised for eufy cam 1 or even some hours of work to at least the current issues. Not to talk about the eufy cam range extender! :rage:

Now we also know WHY the hush up everything what has to do with the eufy cam 1 and it issues and open problems and missing features!

Remember 1: eufy cam 1 is how old?! … correct … 9 fuc**** months, and already “dead”.
Remember 2: eufy cam 1 has how many issues and uncompleted features? … correct … a lot! +++ GENERAL eufycam TODO-LIST +++

Great work eufy. Wonderful. :clap: You really know how to alienate customers.
And me idiot recommended eufy cam 1 to a lot of friends and neighbours. Thank you eufy, i can explain them now why eufy cam 1 is already “end of lifetime and real support/development” after a couple of months and why i need to say sorry to them for telling them to buy eufy cam. THANKS!

But hey, at least you got another product (eufy cam 2) to ask cash for, even if the first (eufxy cam 1) isn’t even old, outdated or in any kind “finished”. wow… :dizzy_face:

Yes i am unsatisfies, yes i think this is no way to handle customers and supporters like us, yes i am frustrated, yes eufy gives me every reason to be aggro!

I curse the day when i found eufy cam on kickstarter … really … and i am more than sorry to say this just 9 months after this product has ben retailed and i invested hundreds, if not thousands of hours in this community and for this product. Not to talk about the bunch of money.

rip%20eufy%20cam%201

Applause eufy … applause … :clap:

4 Likes

Start leaving the negative reviews then. Get your friends who have them to do the same.

1 Like

Maybe with the upcoming homebase they can upgrade/fix a lot of those issues and not brick the old cameras. As an act of good faith maybe offer an exchange or DEEP discount to current owners so you can upgrade/swap just the base if there are major improvements

2 Likes

9 months is not old! The eufy cam 1 is not even close as perfect as they always say they want it to be!

The maniac behavior of the phone companies, wo really think we need to buy a new smartphone every single year, is a pain in the ass already since years. Does anker really thin we will buy a new euf cam system every 9-12 months?! ROFLcopter. If yes, they must me insane.

You really think anker, eufy, would do this?! … You really do?! After they are not even possible to release a simple range extender for eufy cam, even if promised?! … Sorry, but all they are interested in is making cash, nothing else! I only believe this if i really see a massive(!) discount of at least 50% for all kickstarter backers. MINIMUM!

Also … don’t forget, we do not even know, as @Insider havn’t published / leeked any information about it … if we need in any way a new homebase or not?! Or if eufy cam 2 will be compatible with eufy cam 1 homebase.

2 Likes

Hey, we want to let you know that we keep communicating with the eufy product development team and pass your suggestions. And I can confirm that they never stopped investing in improving the products. Bringing up this to market doesn’t mean we give up on the old products and we will absolutely not do that. We always appreciate that you took so much effort in coming up with these suggestions. We understand it disappointed you that not many of these have been fully satisfied for now. But we truly hope you can understand that we’re really working hard on this and trying to bringing up as much product managers’ attention as we can as it is always not easy to get everyone’s needs perfectly satisfied.

1 Like

@AnkerOfficial

Sorry to say, those or just “words”, nothing more. I so not see any communication with the fans, customers, supporters for eufy cam 1 since months(!). You are not even able to post detailed and full software/firmware update changelogs. You are not even able to finally release the promised and more than overdue eufy cam range extender to help people with the horrible range issue of eufy cam 1. … Want me to continue?!

So sorry, those words sound good, but are only words. I only believe in it, when i see them realized! Even if i see simetimes that you are bringing little updates and try to listen, i just got too much disappointed in the past months.

The not yet avialable and possible never ever will available eufy cam range extender for the biggest and most urgent issue of eufy cam 1 is only one example. Just to show up a little other one, out of dozens:
We already asking since 9 months that the value of the eufy cam battery status can be shown in the app as 5 bars, as currently, or alternatively as percentage value. Sounds as a helpful and from man customers asked iprovement. So what happend after 9 months? The last update some days ago finally brought this longtime requested feature … BUT ONLY WHILE THE CAM IS BEEING CHARGED and ONLY IF YOU ENTER THE CONFIG PAGE OF THE CAM! (and not at the cam overview page where we then could easily check the battery status of all cams easily at one place. May i ask WHY?! … As we now know that you are able to show the battery status as percentage, why not letting us the option to show it ALWAYS instead of the bars and not only when they are beeing charged?! where is the sense?!

So i am not as naive as i have been before. I need results now, before i believe any more “words” like those above. In germany we have a proverb that says:
"The burnt child dreads the fire"

Thats also the reason why i am extremely fighting with me inside, if i should really buy any other and more eufy or anker products - like the upcoming eufy robovac L70!

By they way and most recent … may anyone or @AnkerOfficial can tell me why i get a notification about this robovac thread if i am not able to enter/read it and why i at all get a notification about it then?! Thanks!

1 Like

@yamyam the post you’re unable to see

2 Likes

@Haloweenhamster Thanks bro! :heart: :+1:

… but still would like to know why i can’t access it and why i get notifications of threads i can’t even access :eyes:

@yamyam Can you access the thread now?

The RoboVac IFA exclusive thread has been in the ‘test’ section for a few days (where the admin’s can get things ready to post) and while you may get a notification of the thread from following @AnkerOfficial you would not have had access to read the post at that point…

2 Likes