Anker Community: 2022 Rewind & 2023 Kickoff

I miss the old Anker Community. Where we had fun discussing new products, testing them out, and giving our thoughts and experiences with the products. It wasn’t as much about the giveaways as the buzz of a new product. We got to know each other. Ever since they did all the giveaways on their social media, this community has faded. I hope that Anker hasn’t lost sight of the faithful old members of the community. We are still here, awaiting a revival of the community. Just my 2 cents.

9 Likes

I will echo what others have said: I like being (at least partially) involved in the product development and providing feedback.

For example, it’s fun voting on which design we like best as we did in this poll and reading each other’s feedback and learning how we each perceive different aspects of the product.

5 Likes

E: All of the above.

Take any of those out and it isn’t a community.

3 Likes

I’ll reiterate all of the above. Helping people with problems (d) isn’t bad. Discussion with friends is good. Product reviews can be good. And contests and giveaways keep things interesting and entertaining, bring more people back, and generally facilitate all of the others.

The new docks look great, BTW. Should be a good year.

3 Likes

All of the above in the poll (which doesn’t allow one to select that).

3 Likes

The cynic in me thinks this it the last contact we will have for another few weeks…or months…

As to the most important parts, well A to D are what attracts and keeps people here however without engagement from the brand/site admins or even the office boy/girl…the community just kinda stays in limbo…loyalty of customers has tendency to go…

Also the fact that loyal community members (who have posted more than the admins) are often overlooked in favour of social media influencers et al on beta testing products (or ideas), giveaways etc

Just a few thoughts…

3 Likes

What happens to our Powerbucks?

Your links to unsocial media is an insult, it’s like this place is to get to other places.

6 Likes

One has to find a way to change them for bitcoins! :rofl:

2 Likes

Let them do their job at these unsocial media.
I really don’t mind, because I will never join those.

BUT:
“beta testers” show up at soundcore’s forum now and ask how to test their devices.
These are the kind of high qualified tests
will be made by high qualified testers in the future.! :rofl:

2 Likes

I’ve beta tested more than a few devices from Anker / Soundcore. I was always invited…I never requested/asked. I believe that’s the way it should be done. Past testing experience should also come into play.

3 Likes

I have already mentioned.
Those testers are the best who don’t know how to test.
So they will test nothing.
Only searching for some text, “copy and paste” and test is done. :rofl:

Learning & sharing product specs and diagnosing problems making suggestions on product revisions

I miss the Good old days before the forum was fractured by the creation of the soundcore forum after rebuilding our forum to then abandon it @AnkerOfficial I never understood that decision why Anker? why?

4 Likes

:laughing:

:rofl:

1 Like

Id love all of the above I loved what the community used to be I loved writing reviews and testing products and talking about what was to come and helping new and old users with their problems. I love getting to talk with friends on here and watch community grow as we all share a love for the same Anker. I was sad when they moved so much to social media as it doesn’t feel very social at all. I was sad when there seems to be no use of powerbucks anymore ( I wish I could use them to buy the Ankermake 3D printer) I think personally it would be better to not have split fully into so many sites.

This post has me really hopefully for the future I hope it goes well. I stayed along with others even when it felt all hope was lost

5 Likes

Rhetorical as I’m sure they are not reading this to answer.

At the time they wanted a new brand to not be associated with batteries. They also made a focus on music I suspect for their failed attempt to be linked with a streaming service.

A big part of this was also Lawrence (Loz) who worked within Anker’s HQ then left for NZ then returned working remote (lockdown) now is freelance. Looking at the careers of those fluxing in and out at Anker there’s clearly more interest in being in the “big” SM platforms than reference their skills there.

1 Like

I replied here: Is this community dead and does Anker care?

Hiya! New admin is now on board with Anker. It’s me! You’ll see a lot more engagement here than you have in the last nine months, and in time my hope is that you’ll have a fantastic experience overall with the brand and other members. Thanks for asking. I appreciate it @dezsweeps

6 Likes

Welcome to the community feels like a thing to say to the Admin but Welcome to the community :joy:

4 Likes

Hallo, what a great miracle has happened.
Someone from the staff shows up.
Incredible. :laughing:

You are welcome here.

There are a few of the “very old regulars” left here.
But I am sure others will show up when the forum is brought back to life again.

You should listen to their proposals, because they know a lot about Anker and its products.
This knowledge of these regulars is a real treasure.
Anker has to care about it by not neglecting the forum anymore as it was done in the past.

6 Likes

Looking forward to it! Thanks, AO!

1 Like