Since my liberty+ lost all volume in the right ear it bothered me not knowing what caused it. So I got my replacement from Zolo, and figured I can't make the bad ones any worse. So I set out to figure out what the cause was, I took apart the right earbuds. First I started with the gold mesh, I removed that and found a cloth covering under the mesh....I believe this is what causes the most issues as earwax heats up it becomes liquified and sticks to this cloth. Even cleaning the mesh the cloth underneath still remains clogged....or so I though.
I removed the cloth covering and found a ton and I do mean a ton of black glue that held the cloth in place, it was so bad that it seeped down into the chamber where the speaker is. I used angle pointed tweezers to pick out and remove all the glue. Once o cleaned up the right earbuds from all the residue I paired it to my phone and voila I had sound back again. Similarly I took apart the left earbuds only to find the same thing, except there was not as much glue in the left earbuds where it blocked the chamber. Once I cleaned that earbuds up, the total volume was even louder than before.
So if your experiencing volume loss, I recommend removing the mesh and cloth cover and cleaning them out. I know this may void your warranty, but because I already had a replacement I decided to see. I will post my pictures later as I'm at work and my main phone inside s dead.
Hope this helps those of you who are having similar issues.