Samsung fold

They could’ve adopted the VW approach and played the long game. Take the Bugatti Veyron for example they cost like 6-7million to make but they sold them for 2 million. That was due to all the R&D costs, but … the Chiron (next model) should make them profits.

And it’s not like Samsung are struggling financially :joy:

And no headphone jack?? :hushed:

2 Likes

Im excited for new tech, but im concerned it doesnt fold flat. That looks ripe for problems, especially for someone who carries phone in back pocket 99% of the time

Curious, must be recycling old hardware from your work?
I have bunch of old laptops that I kept don’t know why, can be used for my LINUX testing :sunglasses:

1 Like

OF COURSE!
You will really be more than surprised!

If you have any questions please write a “private mail”. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks Franz, Good to know that now I have a dedicated support to back me on this project :relaxed:

1 Like

And now we have the Huawei foldable Mate X which has screen wrinkles lol

2 Likes

I have read it a few minutes ago.
This will start a battle.
Always good for customers to decide different options.

News link for the Huawei Mate X with some comparisons but ouch on the $2600 price tag…do these companies live in the real world…

2 Likes

Sadly it’s the new trend and they have to pay for innovation somehow. I remember back in the day phones use to cost upwards if a thousand dollars, but carriers offered subsidy so we never saw the full cost of phones until a they stopped doing that. So all I see is were back to where we started from in terms of price, but with much better hardware

Even if prices were cheaper, most people still wouldn’t upgrade. Simply no real reason to anymore.

Mate X might but the Samsung Fold to shame already

OK devil’s advocate is that we all need the rich or the gullible as they test and give feedback and fund innovation. If 100% of people just said expensive and didnt buy then some ideas we want dont become real.

Fortunately there are people who just buy anything because it exists.

Man, that wrinkle and crease in their phone when it’s open… Yeah no I’d prefer the Galaxy fold over that thing

Huawai Mate X - $2600 :scream:

Where are we heading???

People holding onto the current phones for longer lol

LG V50 ThinQ is an interesting variation of the foldable phone giving the ability to add a second device as a detachable accessory.

1 Like

Yo my iphone already does that. :laughing:

4 Likes

With “innovation” going down and “prices” going up, more and more people will reduce the upgrade cycles for their cell phones. These huge corporations will be forced to push the prices further up to counter the losses and reduced growth. That is the trend now, unless something drastic happens in cell phone world like Google bringing 1GB mailbox when other providers were giving 1MB and 2MB mailboxes

I agree with the observation that general trends of smartphone prices increase. If I look back over my last 5 years, yes looks like more each year, I’d guess spending $30-$50 more each year.

But also the phones are doing more. My last phone has 8GB RAM, 256GB storage, all the global LTE bands…

I don’t think it is inevitable you have to pay more, it comes down to personal choice.

I have just watched the review of the Huawei folding phone, Mate X, it looks quite good, once you see folding with screen facing outside of hinge it is so obviously a better idea than outside of screen and the consequence of thicker phone.

What fights folding phones is how tablets seem to be dying. The general trend seems to be in 2019 basically a 6" phone or an iPad and then Chromebook. Items in between seem to be dying.

I currently have a OnePlus 6, a Huawei Mediapad M5 10.8 “phone” (LTE SIM), Lenovo Tab 4 8 Plus, and still my Nexus 7 2013. I think roughly the cost new of them all is less cost than one folding phone. So you must really really like not carrying a bag.

1 Like