Samsung fold

Anyone watching the Samsung event?

They are currently showcasing the fold

2 Likes

$1980 :scream::scream:

And people ripped piss outta Apple fanboys … let’s see how many Samsung folds are sold

2 batteries though lol

2 Likes

I must go watch now

1 Like

Insane prices, rather have a laptop at that point

2 Likes

Holy Cow!!! I never even had a laptop that expensive. Are these cell phone makers gone nuts?
$1980 is starting price…

2 Likes

With that price point it looks like it’s clearly gonna be for people that have money to burn!

That is a crazy price for sure but I always thought it would hover around the 2 grand mark.

$1980 seems a odd price. They could have put it at $2019 to mark the year it was launched

2 Likes

Ouch…and I thought Apple were nuts (though the next iPhone will no doubt still beat this price tag)…

2 Likes

The S10 looks really well though

2 Likes

Between Samsung and Apple competing for higher prices, we the endusers are getting burnt, that $1980 is killer price, not many would want to upgrade.

This however give Samsung a jumpstart to the new 5G race

really the price is not affordable for all the Samsung lover.

Once you factor in carrier subsidy pricing, and paying over time I can see this selling more than just a plane phone as it’s new tech and different from everything else.
That is why apple didn’t sell many phones, not because of price but the lack of tech and inovation

https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/20/18231249/samsung-galaxy-fold-folding-phone-features-screen-photos-size-announcement shows a decent breakdown of the entire unveiling and operation of it. Price seems super steep to me, but what can you expect with it.

1 Like

the most challenging part for third party accessory companies is the case… how do they build a case for a folding phone

:persevere:Samsung following apples footsteps into charging higher prices…

1 Like

Personally, I think the face of the Samsung fold looks horrible (when its folded)

1 Like

Lol :slight_smile:

Samsung basically copied Apple this year with three flagship models. The fold looks pretty sick, but I’d never pay that much for a phone (from the guy who paid $1099 for an iPhone last year lol).

The S10+ looks amazing though.

1 Like

yeah, i saw the full program.

1 Like

I’m happy to see Samsung still innovate with the fold design idea. And even though it was rumored to come out, it wasn’t leaked as much as other phones so it was a surprise to many (me included).
Price wise it’s obviously too high for me and many others. And since its the first folding model, I would wait 2 years or so to let them polish the folding line.
I’m excited to see what they will do with it in a couple of years