Power Delivery?

Hello everyone! I am new to the Power Delivery standard, and I’m just trying to learn more about it. First, what is the PD and how does it differ from a normal usb a wall plug? Second, what is the difference between the different standards of PD 2.0, 3.0, 3.1. I would appreciate any help I can get on this topic.

1 Like

Hi @Blake_H and welcome to the community :slight_smile: The first two points in following thread gives a good overview on PD (and Anker)…

You can also find information on their latest charger and PowerIQ standard here;

8 Likes

USB Power Delivery is one of many fast charging standards. It was created by the same folks who created USB-C.

I have a write up on USB Power Delivery and the other current fast charging standards you can read here.

In the end the type of fast charging standard you want on your chargers will depend on what your devices support. Most of Anker’s USB-C chargers and power banks support USB Power Delivery.

2 Likes

It’s that your site?

Yes, it is.

Great site I like it. I believed you posted it before and I came across it and was very informative. I had bookmarked for a while before I changed phones. Anyway great job :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Tell me about it!

I have:

• Lenovo work supplied laptop, 45W PD. I verified it works off Anker’s 60W PD but not off its 30W.
  • Huawei, it works off Anker’s PD at 18W
  • OnePlus DASH, works fine off everything Anker but only 10W

Even Anker’s own PD products have not fully worked with each other, the 10000 PD Powercore doesn’t work with all the Powerport.