Happy Holidays, Anker fans!
As our Community has grown substantially this year, we expect more and more new members to have important questions about our products and technology. We’ve asked our customer service team to round up a list of the most frequently-asked questions, which we’re answering here!
1. What is PowerIQ 2.0?
PowerIQ 2.0™ technology communicates with any connected device by speaking its unique charging language.
Every PowerIQ 2.0 port is able to identify your device and adapt to its specific maximum charging speed. PowerIQ 2.0 has been upgraded from our original PowerIQ technology to support compatibility with Qualcomm Quick Charge, and other high-speed charging protocols.
You can find more information here.
2. What is Power Delivery?
USB Power Delivery is a new fast-charging protocol that is quickly becoming standard on USB-C devices. It provides fast charging for phones, tablets, and even larger devices such as laptops and game systems. It also enables bi-directional power transfer (depending on power consumption and the battery status of connected devices).
Anker’s Power Delivery devices are optimized for superior compatibility, which sets them apart from other USB-C chargers.
You can read more about them here
3. Can Anker PowerCore portable chargers recharge themselves and charge my devices at the same time?
No, our portable chargers do not support what’s known as “pass-through” charging. (PowerCore Fusion will charge your device first, and then begin recharging itself, when plugged into a wall outlet.)
This was an intentional decision. When pass-through charging, if there is a difference between the output of the wall charger and the input requirement of the device being recharged, it causes the portable charger to power on and off rapidly. This increases total charging times, and can damage battery cells, decreasing the lifespan of both your device and the portable charger.
4. How many times will my PowerCore charge my phone?
Portable charger batteries normally transfer 60%-70% of their power capacity to the devices that they charge. The remaining 30%-40% gets lost in heat radiation, voltage conversions, cable resistance, and during final transfer to your device.
To estimate how many times your PowerCore will charge your device, you can use this mathematical formula:
[PowerCore battery capacity] x 0.6 ÷ [Your device’s capacity] = Total number of charges
5. Can I use the cable included with my PowerCore to charge my phone?
If the input port on your phone is the same as your PowerCore’s input port (usually Micro USB or USB-C), then you can use the included cable to charge your phone.
If your phone has a different input charging port (such as an Apple Lightning port), you will need to use a different cable with the appropriate connectors.
6. Can I take a portable charger with me on a flight?
Yes. Batteries with a capacity lower than 27,027mAh (100 watt hours) can be taken on board airplanes legally and safely.
However, government and commercial guidelines are subject to change so we recommend confirming with your airline prior to the date of flight.
7. If my portable or wall charger has multiple types of ports, which should I use to charge which device(s)?
There are a few different ports you may see on Anker PowerCore and PowerPort chargers:
Quick Charge 3.0: High-speed charging for Android devices equipped with Qualcomm Quick Charge.
PowerIQ: Senses your device for the fastest possible charge (for iPhone and other devices).
PowerIQ 2.0: The smart charging technology with more compatibility. Charges iPhone, Android, Quick Charge, and other devices at their max speed.
Power Delivery: High-speed charging for USB-C devices such as MacBook, Nintendo Switch, and an increasing number of smartphones.
8. Can I use my Anker PowerPort wall chargers in other countries?
Yes. PowerPort chargers feature international voltage compatibility (100V-240V). However, because the plug is designed for the country to which it was originally shipped, you may need to use a plug adapter while traveling.
9. When my PowerPort is plugged into the wall but isn’t currently charging devices, does it still draw power?
PowerPort chargers consume almost no power in standby mode. Their standby power consumption is rated at less than 0.5W.
10. Those PowerPort Wireless chargers look pretty neat! Will they be able to charge my phone?
Our PowerPort Wireless work with any Qi-compatible wirelessly-charged device. Some devices may be fitted with a wireless charging case, which will also able to draw power from PowerPort Wireless.
Thank you for your questions, Anker fans! If you have any that have gone unaddressed in this round, please don’t hesitate to drop us a line in the comments. @AnkerTechnical and the rest of our community support team will be very happy to help you out.
Have a great weekend all, and to all, a good night!