Mars II: Choose The Hue!

this unfortunately falls on the lens. The smaller the chip the better then lens must be to maintain crispness. That said, I would guess its negligible as the resolution has also come down (not really sure why it wasn’t a 720p screen before anyways).

If you want to burn out your retina’s you can read all the technical mumbojumbo here: http://www.videovantage.com/?p=11

2 Likes

I have prepared some discount code for community!
Exclusive discount!

9 Likes

The Mars II will be online next week.
You can check all the functions and details during that time!

2 Likes

Will be interesting to see it in action, what with the spec difference from it’s predecessor :slight_smile:

1 Like

Even with the specs letdown, I can see this being a popular discount, especially if it’s 40% off of $400 so $240.

1 Like

Sure hope I can land one of these discounts! Would love to give this a go week one, already ordered my 120" outdoor screen.

Perhaps I could receive a discount code for this as well? Pretty please?

I would love to be in on this as well! I got the Capsule this week, and it’s fuzzier and the battery life doesn’t seem like it will hold for a full two hour movie. For 3x the brightness and 720p, I would be all over it!

I too would love to receive a discount code. I cant wait to use it for movie night in our backyard. I just hope it will support the google play store.

How will you be determining who gets one?

@Don_Alcombright @777kools @c.mattquick @Rudy_Hernandez1 @Angelina

If it’s anything like @AnkerOfficial has done in the past, the discount codes will be limited quantity, first come, first served type of deal. I wouldn’t necessarily expect these to be available on the week of launch, maybe a couple weeks afterwards, so keep checking back on the Community!

2 Likes

so much effort :smile: on my part though. I hope it sooner than a few weeks, but now I guess I am going to wait… Summer is dwindling away here hahaha.

1 Like

@Don_Alcombright @777kools @c.mattquick @Rudy_Hernandez1 @Angelina

Mars II is now up on Amazon US!

Link: https://amazon.com/dp/B07BXDW18Z

Price appears to be $499.99, so with the 40% off discount @AnkerOfficial is touting, you can expect the price to be around $300.

Key Features:

• HD Picture: 1280 × 720 HD, 300 ANSI lm brightness, and DLP IntelliBright technology combine to provide a crisp, clear picture.
  • Stunning Sound: Dual 10W audio drivers designed for deep bass deliver cinematic sound.
  • 1 Second Auto-Focus: Set it down at any distance and angle and get a focused picture in 1 second.
  • Android 7.1: Run streaming and media apps flawlessly. Seamlessly display content from Netflix, Youtube, and more for endless entertainment.
  • NOTE: Copyrighted content from Hulu, Netflix, and similar services CAN NOT be mirrored or screencast. Download and use the apps directly through Mars II to view copyrighted content from these providers. Chromecast is not supported.

Comparison chart between other projectors from Nebula:

Thoughts?!

2 Likes

now to look for that code :slight_smile: hope it comes soon, would love to have this at more door ASAP. @AnkerOfficial!!! haha

1 Like

What looks really positive is this: App Store: Supported. I just hope them mean Google Play Store.

1 Like

I’ve seen the Capsule in action more often recently and for it’s size I was impressed with brightness in a low light room, was even better in nighttime darkness (not total cinema blackout). Focus could be a bit of pain, depending on distance and content being shown. Speaker was not the best aswell, even more so due to the operating noise of the projector, so use of another BT speaker was the way to go.

I will be interested to see the brightness, auto focus and speaker capabilities of the Mars II…

1 Like

Think it will most likely be cutdown version already available on the Capsule…

ya that would be expected and unfortunate. It says its incompatible with the Chromecast too, which is odd to me. As long as I can access Plex or WORST case put movies on a hard drive, I would be fine.

Would definitely like one of those discount codes. Have held off on making a purchase waiting for the Mars II.

I’ve been lurking on here for a long time and now am really excited it’s finally out!