Mars II: Choose The Hue!

Those specs match the ones for the Nebula Mars Lite: https://www.amazon.com/Nebula-Mars-Lite-Theater-Portable/dp/B0796J99JL

Maybe they are a placeholder? :frowning:

Are you sure? There are no specs on the Amazon listing you linked to… and it’s not even the official listing.

This is what I see for Mars Lite (closer to original Mars).

I fully expect Mars II to be priced at $400 now that we’re learning this information.

Also, FYI to everyone, both Mars and Mars Lite are both unavailable on Amazon, so the only actively selling Nebula projector is the Capsule ATTM. Of course, this will change come mid-June… for better or worse.

@AnkerOfficial, is this spec sheet correct?

@joshuad11, for what its worth, the original mars FCC filing is worse than the Mars II filing…

Contrast ratio was 600:1, Mars II is 1000:1
Lumens: 400lm/650lm, Mars II is 300 ANSI lumens/1500lm

So maybe they just lied about the original Mars ability :stuck_out_tongue:.

Also, why would Mars II use Bluetooth 4.0 but Mars Lite use 4.1? That doesn’t make any sense.

1 Like

Let’s hope! :pray:

1 Like

Maybe the Mars II is the lite version and there’s a Mars II+ In the works hint hint Anker.

2 Likes

@AnkerOfficial In the market for a summer camping projector! Can I have a discount code for Mars II please?

@joshuad11@Jesse_Hernandez1 @Justin_Bytheway @elmo41683 @pagkghvx @ndalby @tj.elliott @grant.klepzig @Don_Alcombright

Hi guys, I confirmed the specs for you. Although the specs for Mar II seems like a little downgrade toward the Mars. However, under the premise of maintaining low prices, we have highlighted other advantages as much as possible.

• HD Picture: 1280 × 720 HD, 300 ANSI lm brightness, and DLP IntelliBright technology combine to provide a crisp, clear picture.

• Stunning Sound: Dual 10W speakers designed for deep bass deliver cinematic sound.

• 1 Second Auto-Focus: Set it down at any distance and angle and get a focused picture in 1 second.

• Android 7.1: Run streaming and media apps flawlessly. Seamlessly display content from Netflix, Youtube, and more for endless entertainment.

3 Likes

Hi @Steve_Wong1,

If there will have a discount event on the market, I will share it with the community.:grin:

1 Like

Thanks for the clarifications @AnkerOfficial , what seemed more strange (to me) was to reduce the brightness in a newer model as opposed to keeping the same brightness (or increasing). Working with and supporting projectors on a daily basis, higher lumens aid picture clarity in most normal use situations (especially normal soft to low light), reducing will surely have a negative impact?

1 Like

What makes the speaker worse?

maybe the original Mars will hit $250 again if people still have some stock… Because for $200-$300 less than the Mars II its a better machine, even at $50 less its a better buy. Damn, bad decision on my part. Ugh.

@AnkerOfficial, is it still powered by JBL?

2 Likes

Thanks for the update.

Thanks for the update @AnkerOfficial !! I have to agree, a little disappointed in the less lumens, but love the auto focus!! For me 3-D feature is meh. I have a home projector with that feature for a few years now and only used it maybe twice, lol!

Could you confirm, if you can, if Bluetooth is 4.1 or 4.0 and what brand speakers? And maybe a date :wink: I’m still stoked on this and will definitely pick one up!!

Cheers
D

1 Like

@AnkerOfficial, will the new Mars II support the Google Play Store unlike the previous?

Great question

I’m new to projectors and was eagerly awaiting the Mars II for this summer - it seems like a 40% decrease in brightness is significant especially for something likely to be used outdoors - right? I’m shocked if Anker didn’t tap into the clearly passionate fan base to get a read on what we’d like in a product…free research from lead users is gold.

2 Likes

Although I 100% agree, based on reviews of other projectors 300 ANSI should be plenty. I just want to make sure people understand that. 500 is CLEARLY better, but 300 should not be a problem for outdoor use. You might not be watching a movie at noon, but otherwise it should be fine.

1 Like

Maybe someone could post the practical differences between the brightness levels on normal use.

1 Like

What about 0.45" DLP (Mars) vs 0.3" DLP (Mars II)? Does that impact picture quality?