Fast Food...what is your favorite?

Hell yeah I love wings too. The hotter the better!!

1 Like

Iā€™m visiting England again soon. I would not voluntarily buy to eat, spend money, on Mushy Peas. If its put on a plate in front of me, Iā€™ll eat it.

The odd thing is peas, taste lovely. Why youā€™d turn voluntarily a nice thing, like a pea, into thatā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s in our nature to destroy things that are beautiful.

1 Like

Nah thatā€™s small potatoesā€¦if you ever get down south when your next in Englandā€¦try Hanburyā€™s Fish & Chips just outside of Babacombe;

This photo of Hanburyā€™s Famous Fish & Chips is courtesy of TripAdvisor

This one is just a regularā€¦the large cod would overhang this type of box by an inch or two on either side :slight_smile:

Another one of my favorite foods is a chicken cutlet hero sandwich with mozzarella and peppers from Royal Crown Bakery in Staten Island. This hero is super delicious and right up there on my favorite foods next to NY pizza! Add some balsamic reduction to this bad boy for some true Italian love!

2 Likes

Hey everyone, My favorite fast food is vegan burger from KFC. However, I like when they make these burgers from display fridges. By the way my mother makes burgers that are similar to the KFC, but as far as I know they makes this without such love like our mother. However, since then I started to know the techniques that they are using. By the way how do you think about it? Does it worth it?

Vegan Burger from KFC? I have not even tried that. I do like the impossible whopper from Burger King, though. Itā€™s quite good at fooling me into thinking Im eating beef!

Iā€™d rather just eat beef :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Anybody tried and liked beyond meat??

I have. I really liked it. I would strongly recommend.

So, here is my question. Why not eat straight meat burger when you can and instead chose Beyond Meat over that?

Well, meat is very culturally important to a segment of the American population who see it as a masculine trait to eat red meat. Lately eating meat has become another way to stick it to the perceived threat to this cultural group. Socially irresponsible behavior in general is a favorite cultural pastime of this group - deliberately polluting (ā€œrolling coalā€), refusing to recycle, denying climate change, stockpiling weapons, intentionally using offensive language, and eating meat are all ways for these people to preserve their way of life, which they fear is disappearing.

So itā€™s not so much about the meat (or the carbon, or the language, or the weaponsā€¦) as it about asserting an identity. Eating a non-meat burger in this scenario is the same thing as betraying your family and community, which uses this and other habits as a means to express solidarity with one another and distinction from others.

So while a meatless burger might be better for you, better for the environment, and taste every bit as good as a meat burger, those benefits arenā€™t worth the trade off of being ostracized from your community or having your masculinity publicly questioned.

1 Like

Whatā€™s wrong with weapons? I mean sure, all the other things are bad, but thereā€™s nothing wrong with being prepared.

Meatless burgers are not as good as meat burgers to me. Maybe others canā€™t tell a difference, but I certainly can.

If I was trying not to eat meat for some reason, I wouldnā€™t eat imitation. Iā€™d go for salads and meatless soups and stuff.

I tried the impossible burger and while itā€™s alright, there is a tiny bit of aftertaste and also the texture of the meat seems a bit off. While you can probably fool most people they are eating a normal hamburger, once you know, you start focusing more on the details

Nothing wrong with any of that. I was just really intrigued by the way @Ice1 phrased the question. I was wondering why someone would choose meat over meatless and tried to answer the question honestly.

To me, the meatless alternatives offer advantages, specifically:

1. Health
  2. Environmental impact
  3. Fewer animal killings

Historically, meat has had better taste and consistency. I think we are approaching the time when that wonā€™t be true anymore, ie. people will not be able to tell what is meat and what is not based on taste.

So, given that meatless has more advantages, the question becomes ā€œWhy would anyone eat meat when meatless is available?ā€ That was the question I was trying to answer. More for myself than anyone else. Iā€™m not saying any of those behaviors are inherently bad (I own 3 guns and was a butcher for 5 years), Iā€™m just trying to put into words something Iā€™ve been thinking for a while.

1 Like

Thanks for your honest response @gAnkster. My point was if you donā€™t like to eat meat for whatever the reason may be, eat vegan food and that is the right decision. Imitation like somebody pointed out is not good.
Make a correct decisionā€¦ YES or NO.

I feel the same about smoking. either you smoke cigarettes or NOT. The in-between vaping was proven bad already.

Itā€™s purely my opinion.

3 Likes

Oohhhhhhhh, what a good topic, some might say my favourite topic.
There isnā€™t much I donā€™t really like when it comes to food apart from gherkins and sweetcorn.
I like everything else, including most foreign foods.
It just depends what mood Iā€™m in and how hungry I feel.

Take away - fish and chips

Home made - spaghetti bolognese or roast dinner
Pub - carvery
Restaurant - steak and chips
Cafe - chunky sausage roll or Cornish pasty
Guilty pleasure - mixed kebab and chilli sauce
Starter - prawn cocktail
Desert - chocolate fudge cake
Biscuits - bourbons and jammie dodgers

Gotta go now in search of food, Iā€™m feeling hungry :grimacing:

1 Like

Its always the same, we start at some theme and end with foodā€™s and drinkā€™s discussion. :rofl:

carvery = buffet?
I must confess many things you mentioned I donā€™t know.
Must be UK!

Prost Paul!

1 Like

Carvery is a pub served roast dinner with the meat carved by the chef then you put your own veg on the plate.
Like a roast dinner you would have at home, you just donā€™t need to cook it :smiley:
Cheers :beer:

I have updated my post with some photos.
Not my photos, photos from the internet.
My mouth is watering now :heart_eyes:

1 Like