[eufy cam] The big "Range Extenders we need!" Survey ;-)

So they have a working prototype?

Have they asked you to beta test it?

1 Like

Secret???
Ask " Franz the old Bond" he got it!

camera

shhttt : With that crank handle you can adjust the “Range extender” :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Uhm … as moderator you should know how to click on “Open at your own risk!” on my post, don’t you?! :rofl:

As you can see on the photo, it is a kind of demo/prtotype. If it’s working … i don’t know.
IF, then i guess they would have brought it to the market already. So i guess, no, not working (yet, as aspected). I guess @AnkerOfficial will tell us much more about it quite soon. “Anker-soon” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Was using on my iPad so I didn’t notice the open symbol, just the several lines of periods which I thought was your suspense building…bit if you have permission to post, fair enough…if not the photo will be pulled by the admins I would think…

Based on the PM I received (I’m guessing you had the same copy / paste response) the extender appears to be functional (take that as you will) but they seem to be preferring the option of using Homebase positioning to resolve range issues…asked a few follow up questions to this but no response as of yet…

1 Like

After my wow-int buff reached you and you finally found out that you need to click to see the photo :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: … you should also READ what i WROTE Mr. Neil :yum:

Here, for you, especially repeated:

Not your day bro, right? :kissing_heart:
No problem … sit down, take an icecold dr. pepper and chill … :sun_with_face:

1 Like

Only just seen the image, didn’t show on my phone

Find it strange that only one antenna is actually used, the other is a dummy
IMG_20191014_120916

1 Like

As said, eufy told me it’s a demo. So i guess it’s a not finished/not-working proto-type?!

1 Like

You’re firing on all sarcasm cylinders today I see…yes I did read what you wrote, perhaps you should re-read mine, repeated especially :wink:

Saying you have permission and actually having permission are two different things :wink:

1 Like

Forgive me bro, i am old, german, jewish, black, blind, transgender and eufy cam owner :rofl:

3 Likes

Are you kidding? The admins are seldom on the community and will never see that photo… no way they could remove it.

1 Like

Just because they are not posting 24/7 doesn’t mean they are not watching :wink:

1 Like

They ignore 99% of tags. I don’t think they’re watching most of the time…

That’s why i prefer soundcore. The staff usually responds even if you don’t tag them…

2 Likes

I’ve had posts that have tagged Anker where they have edited my post but not responded, don’t think they like the brand that has separated from Netgear

1 Like

Lol arlo? I bet they do. They make a very similar product but it actually functions properly.

1 Like

The official admins have been much less active compared to the early days (bigger community but same team size) and it’s quite possible the Soundcore community could go the same way as they grow…answers to Liberty 2 Pro concerns & shipping have been slower than I thought they would have been with the rapid response of posts the collective crew were doing in the first few weeks…

2 Likes

Well I got my free homebase installed and located closer to the camera that was lagging. I did have an issue where the app wasn’t sending notifications. I just deleted the app and re-installed it and presto!!! Anyway my signal is now good and I guess I can now go up to 32 devices… 16 devices each homebase. Its working for me. Oh ny the way, thank you very much Anker for sending me a homebase with AI. Still trying to figure that one out… it sees me as a “STRANGER”.

1 Like

Still waiting for mine, apparently it was returned to Anker due being damaged by courier

Unfortunately courier has no way of contacting them so I have to wait until Anker has gotten in touch with them

1 Like

Just to show you all WHY a second homebase, even for free, is not MY solution for the horrible range of the eufy cam:

I just can’t place/move the 2nd homebase outside of the house/flat, as everyone could access it and would have access to the SD-card and video footage! :weary: A simple range extender is just FORWARDING the signal to extend the range. No security risk. The only bad which could be in this case is that anyone is stealing the extender or damaging it. But this would be a much lower risk than a second homebase “in the wild” :astonished:

THIS is what i NEED and WANT and ASK FOR:

faa76046edf729c8ffa0daf56d73a82856d37bee_2_428x500

This is a solution :heart_eyes: The only one, nothing else.

2 Likes

Unfortunately it’s unlikely to happen :frowning_face:

Says who?! … They do not invest a lot of money by producing and developing a prototype and than dump it. Makes no sense. They can make a fortune by selling it to the world. And that (cash) is the only thing anker is interested in.

So where should be a problem?! The range extender is doing nothing more than receiving the signal from the cam, maybe strengthen it and then forward it to the homebase. That’s it! No magic! A gumball machine for children is more complicated. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: