Beer Club Thread

Obviously @namroc22 is everyone’s new best friend! We’ll all be over after the Pandemic!

As for the great ring vs cap debate, I prefer the caps to the rings. They are actually #2 recyclable. Some of them can even be composted! Also, no rings for turtles and birds to get caught in.

2 Likes

We deliver at a 3 mile radius, we focus more on distribution so we were at 70-80 different locations in our area. We have a 15 barrel system. But we also have a kitchen so we deliver food also

2 Likes

Best is glass bottles and those glass tumblers (dictionary is a crap, dont find that …heheh)

Too bad that El Paso is far away would be funny there to do some brewery investigations!

No food needed I am the best Pizza baker.
I can beat yours! :smile:
But what about a “care packet” to Germany …hehehe!

1 Like

I might be able to make it happen

I will make it to Octoberfest one of these days

I’m actually Vietnamese and my parents own a Vietnamese restaurant that makes banh mi sandwiches so we make banh mi pizza

1 Like

Banh mi pizza sounds good :ok_hand:

1 Like

Picked this up from Tesco - £3 or 2 for £5
Really nice

3 Likes

Not a cheap one.
I get such a crate with 20 X 0,5L for 14 Euros!
BAVARIA -> A paradise for beer drinkers! :smile:

1 Like

Is the tax on store bought alcohol that much in the UK that you only expect to pay 1.5- 2x the price in a bar?

The plastic covers are also reusable. I have plenty at my house that I use, errr used to use :cry:, when taking beer over to a friend’s place.

1 Like

Tax on alcohol is so high it proportionately lowers the portion of added labour costs in a bar.

So if you pick an example lager, like Stella, it is £1.50 per pint in a can, and about £4.50 in a bar, so that example is 3x more expensive.

The raw cost of the product, so you made it yourself at a mass scale, is about £0.30/pint.

In USA the can is lower cost than UK in a can, but USA bar prices about the same as UK bar prices. But then you have more staff also in USA who work for tips so with tip I expect these end up a little higher in USA bar but for a better service, attention, e.g. no queuing and someone brings you another with less effort.

I can order beer in French and German, my ability to get white vs wheat beer is still not perfect :sneezing_face:

I can never do decent Portugese so there it is deliberately walk into a semi-busy place, look at someone else’s beer and point at it to the bar tender.

I worked around the Caribbean and there’s less draft beer, more bottled and there is it much easier to just point, or in general just say the words “Seis Carib por favor” gets you a good result. The best places (I remember) was Trinidad. The lamb curry there I remembered it many times. :nauseated_face:

I guess they are also useful to have on your beer when you drink outside, keep the bugs out of the can?

Looks interesting. Is that 6.2%?

1 Like

I’m on the wine tonight.
Can I still talk in this bar @gAnkster or do I need to open a Wine Bar thread? :rofl:

1 Like

Same beer here, BUT other speaker today!:smile:

Now listening to Portuguese music.
Could fit with your wine.

“Um coppo de vinho para nos.
A nossa Saude!”

The school I take lessons in Portugese is closed now.
I am listening to “Radio Amalia”
https://www.amalia.fm/radio-online/

1 Like

Weißbier in München. Weizenbier in other parts of Bavaria.
Same beer, only different names used.

Portuguese is a very difficult language.
The pronounce is horrible.
You can read, but you will not be able to speak.

“Traga me mais uma cerveijinha faz favor”
Cerveijinha is a diminutive of cerveja.
Same is Chiquinho. The little Francisco.
And the people like to use that.

Not our normal listening if were honest.
But variety is the spice of life.

1 Like

S vs Z severity in the middle of the word.

I have only a limited ear for the difference.

I checked my records. I spent time and learned German in Ottobrun, that is where I got my accent,then spent time in Frankfurt, Mannheim, Heidelberg.

If I take that same distance in England, it makes perfect sense, Munchen to Frankfurt is 218 miles, so similar to Birmingham to Glasgow. Very different accents.

Contentious:

All the places I have drunk beer in the world, I’d have to rank them as:

1. USA first.
    1. German 2nd
    1. UK 3rd

USA because: pale ales, best, best, best
German: because of lager, pilsner. Munich Hell
UK: Yorkshire Ales, then Lancashire Ales, nothing else is worth mentioning.

USA first surprised me too.