Would you be interested in getting an Anker product for $1, and share your review experience?"

The question for me is how helpful are this reviews.
I mean I buy Anker products because I’m convinced of the quality. For me are these Amazon reviews completely irrelevant because the most are just positive.

The most reviews are just with the statement “the product is awesome”. Fine what does that mean for me?

I’m looking for the reviews < 3 stars. Because these reviews have more informations about the product.

I mean there are many people who are saying that Anker and other companies are “buying” these reviews because they send them based on a bad review a new product.

For me is interesting part if we would do this reviews for Anker to improve these products or for the customers .

I’m looking forward for an response about the customers thing.

2 Likes

Agreed.

In the past I’ve based my Anker Amazon purchases of the quality and content of the review, charging times, alternates at same specs or better prices etc etc. Yes there are a number of 5 star reviews that follow the ‘this is an awesome’ routine or as @nigelhealy has mentioned the ‘unbox methodology’ only but it swings the same for 3 star and under, often a one sentence review of ‘doesn’t work, awful product.

I had the same response on a recent review in the comments section, ‘terrible terrible product’ and that’s all she wrote, no expansion, nothing…

2 Likes

Hence community.

It triangulates other sources of reviews.

The single most common cause of negative reviews of Anker products was buyer ignorance, completely wrong expectations, wrong product to their problem. Hence in a community it can be shaped to review discount given to those with the context of a problem and the product is potentially their best answer, to test with maximum value feedback.

A lot of negative reviews which contain qualified evidence of the person was trying to use it for its intended designed purpose, is really what we all seek to know in advance of spend (and even low cost items spend our time ordering, trying).

I would not accept a free review unit unless it fit in with a problem I had to solve, I would then not only be very interested in the product but also ready to test it fully and quickly. I would hope Anker would offer free / discount items on that shaped basis. Otherwise the resulting review is false positive or false negative.

2 Likes

I’d be highly interested in participating in this but like many have said a week just isn’t enough time for most people that work and have a busy lifestyle.

I like putting a product fully to the test for over 10 days and write down the pros and cons, performance, charge etc etc as I go along.

Reviewing the items on Amazon would be a death sentence as they are on a big wiping spree for anyone that has received free items in exchange for a review.

I love the idea @AnkerOfficial and would love to participate but definitely steer well clear or posting the reviews on Amazon.

1 Like

I think one week should be enough, but it depends on the product. But from my point of view I think it would be a good process.

1 Like

I seem to agree with everyone else. $1 is basically still free. But a longer testing period is needed to be absolutely thorough. @AnkerOfficial You already know that I usually take a week and a half to test items anyway just to make sure I don’t miss something. But getting that email only a few days in makes me feel slightly rushed. I think extending the timeframe allowed is essential.

1 Like

who do I give my credit card numbers to? can I get like $50 worth? this would be great!!! Please do it!

1 Like

Hello I a Namibian Prince and I wish to give you $50M. However my phone is about to go flat so if you can just give me $50 I’ll be able to recharge my phone and then transfer you $50M. Thankyou.

6 Likes

Not always the case. Some 5 star reviews are very informative.

3 Likes

Scary how people fall for those type of phishing emails

1 Like

A scam? Darn it! I’ve been waiting by my computer for the transfer of my $50M. LOL… Unfortunately, people still fall for the scam, hence, the scam still exist. :frowning:

click here to earn $50M be quick it expires in 1 minute.

Maybe a 70-75% discount on the current price (not the “original” price), with 2+ weeks to enter a review. 1 week isn’t enough.

1 Like

Dang it. I was too late.

2 Likes

Yes I know. It was just to point out what I mean.

@AnkerOfficial you guys gonna pay for shipping right? Cause it will be $7-10 at that point.

Due to everyone having different time zones will it affect the quantity that is chosen for each product that is sold for review. Meaning if I am asleep when others are awake when it’s time to start ordering,will I be unfortunate not to be able to purchase the product because it will be first come first serve and limited quantity. I hope that makes sense. I usually wake up at 5:30am pacific time but I notice some community members are on way earlier due to their time zones,will that affect my chances of getting an opportunity to purchase for review

1 Like

Normally products are offered from stock in country and not shipped direct from manufacturing in China so the offers are country specific. In the case of USA the issue is usually EDT folks get an unfair advantage via being awake earlier, but if they did it any other way then someone else would say unfair.

1 Like

Yeah, certainly 1-2 weeks after you received your products.:grin:

Yeah, you are right, because of the Amazon policy, so we will not require you post the review on amazon, you can post your review in other social media platform. Any advantage or disadvantage feedback, we are happy to know!:grin:

4 Likes