What products are on your wishlist for Anker to make next?

my appologize for lacking knowledge that Power IQ2 is the same as QC 3.0
thank you so much for your detail information, now i know it
thank you so much

They have This PowerPack

So I got lost in my head working and, when I came back to me, my eyes were on my GoPro Hero5 Session. And it got me thinking: what if Anker produced action cameras?

Anker was born as a battery company, but it is so much more than that today. Which products could benefit from the Anker business model of quality affordable products sold direct to consumers through Amazon? And, of course, by Anker I mean all the brands associated with it.

Action cameras is my first choice. Smartphones come to mind, also. Digitizer tablets - such as Wacom Intuos - severely need more quality choices even if it’s a niche product, and Anker could certainly nail that.

Well, let’s give our friends at Anker some ideas here. I would propose a go nuts rule: everything goes, as long as it’s in the realm of reality. No point asking Anker to start manufacturing flying cars or teleportation devices. Yet.

1 Like

A drone will be awoseme

1 Like

A laptop cooler pad.

International travel adapter for trips abroad. I could think of no other company I would trust more.

1 Like

You mean a pin adapter or charger with different pins?

With Anker you have currently two main approaches to international:

• the desktop charger type has a standard IEC320 C7 socket so you can swap that cord for a different country, or you can use a socket adapter. As the cord is light and the USA Type A socket is small it is physically smallest to use a Type A cord and the plug adapters. This works really well with under-seat aircraft power sockets as the wire is light and if you use a UK cord then it’s right-angle and 3 pins is most secure.

• the wall charger type is only USA 110V Type-A folding plug, so you can carry a socket adapter on the end of an extension cord. Similar advice the USA Type A sockets are so small they are good host for each country adapter.

Those actual travel adapters are evil, they fall out of sockets easily and are huge, much smaller to carry just plug converters to put over your most commonly visited socket type. Beware of the Anker USA wall charger with adapters, they are a weight and easily themselves down on end of plug adapters. So in general only the two methods above are robust as at the point of the wall socket its just a cable with an adapter nothing else with weight.

this I would love to see as well

I would like to see an Alexa and Apple homeKit controlled lamp and robovac

I want a cord that will allow you to plug your apple pencil directly into it

In no particular order:

• Anything with Bluetooth 5.0
  • More USB 3.0 and USB C devices
  • Charging cables with magnetic connectors (a la the old magsafe)

Merger of this

with this

So you take up one 3-prong socket and have multiple smart controllable sockets.

The next level up is a UPS which combines Anker’s battery knowledge so it can be programmed what to do in event of power goes out. So say the above it turns off ports to the PC printer first, then the PC, having sent the PC a message via Wifi/BT (?) to shut itself down gracefully, followed by say a desk lamp when battery drops to a level and one port keeps on til battery depleted.

So merger 2 above with this

2 Likes

That’s some next level thinking. A power strip that recognizes which device is plugged and manages power flow accordingly and also manages power outages.

I have an external HDD and a NAS connected to my computer. Whenever the power goes down, the computer - a notebook - “freaks out” from having lost a disc - and I, in turn, freak out of fear of losing data. Imagine if the battery power strip could signal to the computer that it should “eject” the HDD right after its battery is empty. I can’t imagine the tech involved in that, tough. But 5 years I couldn’t imagine a bunch of tech we have today, so it’s quite possible.

You can do similar now with a Raspberry Pi.

APC UPS do similar with Powerchute software.

I have my 1st Eufy Smart Plug coming likely tomorrow and using it for boring problem of an appliance who’s on/off switch is broke so trying to do it via a reasonably priced smart plug instead.

1 Like

What about us mortals who don’t know coding? Can’t we have nice things? :grin:

Copy paste?

That’s how coders start, taking something which works and then understand how.

But I like the idea of Eufy app as then its operating a plug from anyone’s mobile without anything (hopefully) too complicated.

3 Likes

Will Anker ever make a portal charger that converts DC to AC? 2/3 Prong Outlet?

Battery-powered hand warmer, would be nice to have Anker battery tech on those.

This isn’t as portable as others, this big :frowning: and heavy :frowning:

1 Like