We Love Testing | Wakey

Would be cool if there was an ambient temperature sensor and if it displayed the date too

5 Likes

Your phone can do this in screensaver mode.

1 Like

I know many want an assistant built in but the fact it doesn’t have it is what is attracting me to it. I’m already using an Echo as an alarm clock, speaker for music streaming etc etc. I want the Wakey to replace it because I’m getting rid of these always listening devices. To each their own of course, just sharing why I’m drawn to this, except for the price tag. Around $70 and I’d have bought it already but not for $100, too high.

4 Likes

I don’t think anyone will need this. For me personally I need an alarm clock. Not a phone otherwise I wouldn’t go to sleep or get up.

3 Likes

It’s a cool product and looks very sleek but I personally don’t see a need for it. I understand those who don’t wish to use their phone for all of these tasks but I don’t know how many of those individuals will be willing to buy this. It seems like a very small market.

3 Likes

it’s a nice gadget but the price might be a turn off for a lot of people.

3 Likes

Looks Good But A Bit Expensive :confused:

3 Likes

I love the look and it will be useful but a $100 is a little more than I want to spend on device like this.

3 Likes

the-price-of-the-wakey-is-too-damn-high

6 Likes

Hope Anker is listening :ear:

3 Likes

I have a feeling it will drop to $70 in about 2 months.

Which IMO would be right in the sweet spot.

4 Likes

I hope you guys are right :grin::grin:

5 Likes

I am not sure this is the type of reaction Anker was anticipating for the Wakey. I believe this is one of the best “gadgets” Anker has produced. For what it offers “sleep machine, alarm clock, FM radio, wireless charger, USB charger, bluetooth speaker, and others” I believe this is priced accordingly. For me it is just preference in color, I feel the current color will be like a white cable before it turns dingie brownish or yellowish. I prefer a darker colored speaker. Also the digital numbers would pop more!

2 Likes

really want it

2 Likes

I think the price was designed to make big money!

Lots of people have shown previous interest. Now the greed will bite hard, and.peiple will be put.off, and look at the machines HALF that price, and lots offering fast wireless charge.

1 Like

I’ve been shopping around for this exact product, but I’d like it in black. And the price is waaaay to high. The market needs this product, but I won’t buy it yet. I have other ways to charge my phone that I will continue to use until the price comes down.

2 Likes

I remember a few months ago there was a “Moderator” member or some sort who provided the community with a description of the Dark Blue color… Even if spoilers such as that aren’t allowed, I would personally love to see all of the above colors come to market.

Also, what is the difference between the two dark, almost-black ones? Am I missing something, or need new glasses?:blush:

I’m not sure where you got this from?

One person did a mock up of various colours, but I don’t recall anyone suggesting there was going to an actual alternative colour… Now or later.

Yep, all five of those should be coming at some point. However, Soundcore’s track record of releasing all the colors they say are going to be available is not great. Just look at the Flare series…

It appears there are black, navy, and green color options.

The design is so beautiful and this color shown here is also elegant. But, black color would scream me better and would match my room’s ambience…

1 Like