We Love Testing | PowerPort Atom PD 1

Thanks so much @AnkerOfficial Looking forward to testing the PowerPort Atom PD1!

2 Likes

Congrats to the selected testers, excellent to see a number of seasoned reviewers make the list :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Very cool, thanks for the oppertunity @ankerofficial. Was looking for a new toy to play with and this will definitely be nice to try. Some trips upcoming will realltly put this to the test.

Thanks for the opportunity, @AnkerOfficial! I can’t wait to test it out. And congratulations to the other testers!

2 Likes

Congrats winners! Would love to see your review!

Yeah! Thanks @AnkerOfficial ! I look forward to using my new USBC meter to test this out! I’ll collect all my PD devices and plug them in!

1 Like

Congrats to all the winners :clap:t2:

Congrats to the winners!!

Interesting to see two relatively new accounts win. Excited to see what reviews they bring to us

Which USB c meter did you decide on?

I actually wound up ordering two, because the first one (toogoo and eversame). The toogoo one takes two months to ship, and I realized I needed one a bit quicker than that for this review.So i’ll have two meters pretty soon. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

The eversame looks pretty sweet

2 Likes

Be sure to post your review on this community so I can read it!

2 Likes

Might take a while as the product seems out of stock

1 Like

Congrats winners :sunglasses:

I wonder what effect this has… (?).

Oddpy enough the PPS spec is listed as a feature in PD 3.0. Its a step down of current with maintaining voltage as charging gets closer to 100%. Basically it is lower heat, although the GAN components may negate this even if the Atom doesnt have it (though i suspect it might). The design an folding plug con is just stupid… Rather it works better than looks “pretty”.

2 Likes

Folding pins is a pro/con issue. Personally for this form factor I prefer folding pins as this is a more travel charger and it spends a lot of time next to something in a bag which would appreciate the non-gouging benefit of recessed pins. But folding pin designs are easier to fall out the socket. So I think these are for home probably and then why does size matter for something which doesn’t move…

It is pretty clear the designer here was thinking of a global deployment, the non-folding design is a press-on glued simple pin which can be a different press-on pin shape for UK, EU. Folding pin design is pretty much unique to USA or you’re talking swappable slide-on-clip type pin which is physically bigger. So in this case they traded global roll-out first over folding.

I’ve expressed my views that size matters less the smaller the size is, so size matters little in these lower wattage products. Size matters more when we’re looking at the 45W, 60W, 100W and if you looked they are huge and where we still need the greatest electronics innovation. So imagine this size and say 45W. That would actually power my laptop.

There USB meter, I want that!

3 Likes

Thanks for your detailed post. It gives some insight on the whole folding/non-folding pins debate

I just received email notification that my PowerPort Atom PD 1 has shipped and should arrive in 5-7 business days.

2 Likes