Using plastics with package?

I would say the better option is a QR code since you can just use the phone camera to pull it up instead of typing the URL

QR code is good, but also traditional URL is pretty helpful most of the times… Or even an shortened URL.

1 Like

A qr code is soo easy and brilliant, making life so easy. However, not everyone understands them or knows how to use them. So a standard URL is still needed, you could tho use a quick URL, where it’s a shortened URL, like in Twitter etc.

Really? A QR reader is built into the iPhone camera…

Not everyone has iPhone and with lot of Android versions floating around, there is no assurance that QR reader will be available on the smartphone… Web URL comes handy

Now that I think about it, I can probably come up with some Androids that wouldn’t have QR code reader. Guess having a short URL does make sense

Most things that I buy from China these days is in their version a “jiffy” bag

However, I have seen some plastics that are biodegradable. Is it realistic to expect a change overnight?

1 Like

Its difficult to say.
If these are REALLY biodegradable, who knows.
There are so many false declarations out here on our world, I do not believe in any.
Paper is paper, WHY using plastics?

Anker uses plastic because it’s cheaper for them…

Yes, really.

Who told you that?

Plastic always is… that’s why most companies switch…

1 Like

It is cheaper for whom ? And who pays the final bill ?

It’s cheaper for anker…

Ok. Yes.

What I do not understand: the managers of any company also live in this unique world.

So, does that mean, they do not care about the environment - they mainly care for the profit ? So they are poisoning the world - and themselves - for the benefit of profit ?

Don’t they see the pictures of beaches full of plastic waste ? And the big amount of plastic is still swimming in the sea…and somewhere else …

Maybe it’s difficult for companies to be environment-friendly and still make a good profit

…I think this way of thinking is exactly the problem (for the companies) ! And I am sure it is wrong - or lets say: old fashioned !

And: the problem are not (only) the companies: the consumers (we all) also play a very big role. See the example of the coffee mugs and all this “…to go …” stuff. It is always combined with plastic.

And we are so lazy, we buy it and throw it away …

2 Likes

some stores have to have heavy duty plastic packaging to reduce theft. but for shipping directly to customer a plain paper bag will be enough.

1 Like