Using plastics with package?

I think ANKER should start to avoid any plastics when creating packages.
This flood of useless plastic packages makes me angry when unpack things.
We do here a separation, as other countries may do as well.
But wasting resources is not our future.
I am not “a Green”! :grin:

10 Likes

Your right Franz

With such good boxes, there is no need for such plastic outer… Unless a requirement for posting or requirements for coming from China to such countries?

3 Likes

I completely agree. Not just is it a waste, but it also completely ruins the anker experience. Plastic packaging seems very cheap, which is not what anker stands for.

If anker starts going down this path of making products cheaper, just to make a few extra cents, I will take my business elsewhere.

I hope anker stops this nonsense before it goes to far.

2 Likes

Oh please you know you won’t go elsewhere to buy your goodies. You know you need your Anker fix on a daily basis :joy:

Also, some retailers prefer plastics over cardboard for the sake of showing more details of the products. It’s not a way to cheapen a products apeal, but to offer consumers a glimpse at what they are purchasing

1 Like

There are biodegradable plastic material available, however these do not have a pleasant packaging appearance.

Making the package environmental friendly may add new features to Anker’s cap :tanabata_tree:

1 Like

I’m not just taking about the plastic packaging. I’m saying if they continue to lower quality in other areas I will have to find another company.

@AnkerOfficial this is a awesome point. That’s why we are here. I’m 38 years old and I would agree that a biodegradable package(if it doesn’t add to much to the price will be appealing).

Now just think :thinking: about all the millennials out there that support this kind of movement. I believe it could a new marketing strategy.

Do a poll if this will be something someone will consider when buying a brand.

3 Likes

Being a 20 year old, I do believe that reduction of plastic along with other non-biodegradable items is extremely necessary. Especially after all the news about aquatic animals dying due to plastic in oceans

4 Likes

Well it be a selling point to you to support a company that uses biodegradable packaging in their products?

1 Like

Anker already uses paper boxes with very little plastics. Eliminating all plastics is needed for next gen

4 Likes

If they advertised it correctly than probably. You know there are times when they say they use biodegradable plastic and turns out it’s only a certain percent of the entire packaging.

1 Like

I just open my Eufy Robovac (expect the review soon) and there was a lot of plastic.

2 Likes

That’s something definitely worth mentioning. Let’s see if Anker does something about it in future packaging of their products @tugar32

2 Likes

Hope @AnkerOfficial @AnkerTechnical are listening. The majority if customers myself included want biodegradable packaging.

2 Likes

Most if not all of their current packaging is recyclable and can be recycled

This is very interesting! How much are you willing to pay to save the planet? What if this adds an additional $10 dollars per item… or maybe the packaging could cost less and item will be cheaper… This is interesting to see how it could affect an item price

1 Like

For example
The LUMIs
The box is made of really simple brown cardboard,
no high gloss printing, that’s fine. :grin:

But each of the little lamps inside is packed in a plastic bag. :angry:
WHY?

3 Likes

Cracking point right here. Bravo.

I would definitely support a change in packaging. Plastic free and recycled/recyclable.

They already do their very best I believe but plastic bags protecting items in the box is a big one they need to move away from.

Over to you Anker

2 Likes

Genau!
I see the need to have items presented visible in shops.
But these bags are really useless.

Enjoy the Sunday! :grin:

Fantastic weather here in Munich!
Really spring!

And you sir

It’s mother’s Day here I the UK so I’m off to the footy (working) :smiley:

Cardiff V Chelsea

1 Like