Using plastics with package?

Will plant potatoes today!
We have space at the northern side of the garden,
may be these will grow there. :grin:

3 Likes

Itā€™s a chilly day today.

I think if itā€™s like this tomorrow, then Iā€™ll be wearing jeans again, instead of my shorts!
lol

An old man like me never wears shorts.
Would be ridiculous, with my skinny legs! :joy:

1 Like

I have rugby player legs, so look good in shortsā€¦ Itā€™s the rest of the body thatā€™s not good! Hahahaha

Some parts of the body are excellent, some are good, some are used, some are goneā€¦

Anker did cardboard packaging around 3 years ago when I bought a screen protectorā€¦

The Lumi-Box is fine, the plastic bags not!
CPE = CL :angry:

Thatā€™s not a screen protector!

1 Like

yes i know, thats a random anker package from the internet but i bought a screen peotector and it had cardboard packaging 3 years ago.

Would be good if plastics were reduced in any manufacturers lines, though for some things I can see why they go for plasticsā€¦as long as itā€™s a :recycle: version and people can actually go to the effort of recycling at least its a step in the right direction :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I agree. Our plant is choking on plastic, itā€™s time for us to find a better alternative and start being aware of the negative effects our actions have on future generations. Hemp is the solution that can replace our dependence on plastic :wink::raised_hands::sunglasses::earth_americas:

2 Likes

I agree, box is too filled with plastics

Even there is a possibility to recycle, but if only a few customers do it,
ist really the waste of resources.

That is a very good proposal !

And there are so many alternatives for plastic.

But there is also a very huge industry - and lobby - for plastic.
And I can understand it. They produce something, which is used only one time - and then thrown away. What a nice big market.

Please, @anker, think about it: you can make your logo ā€œgreenā€ and win a lot of new customers ā€¦

It takes small steps - for everyone - to make our environment better - this would be one of it.

1 Like

Yes, absolutely agree.

And I keep it also wit Karl Lagerfeld (RIP): a man who leaves home with jogging trousers has lost control over his life ā€¦(of course for jogging it is allowed !)

While I prefer the paper packaging, the plastic is also recyclable (in some places, sadly not everywhere). I imagine they are doing this because they are being stocked in physical stores and want a more attractive package that lets consumers view the product.

Biodegradable plastic is a worse option than regular plastic and paper in my opinion. It cannot be recycled alongside other plastic and can contaminate the regular plastic that is recycled if it gets mixed in. Also many places bury and compress their garbage to save space so when it ends up in a landfill it never gets to biodegrade anyway.

2 Likes

True and wise words my friend!

Anker needs to be more sustainable therefore this will lead to more sales as this may be a USP for themā€‹:+1:t2::wink:. Good business terminology

Anker already has paper / cardboard packaging, they should completely eliminate the plastic sleeves within the package. also, feel the user manual can be skipped, just provide the Web URL in the Anker Signature Happy Card. It is not only about reducing plastic usage but also reduce paperā€¦ has its own benefits :dollar: which is green in colorā€¦ money and environment

@Ankerofficial - your thoughts!

@AnkerOfficial what do you think about this?