USB Meter Recommendation

I am in the market for a new USB meter and would like some recommendations. I think this would really help out with “We Love Testing” events.

So I have done some research and narrowed down to two. One has Bluetooth the other doesn’t. For phones it is only compatible with Android and not Apple… Sucks for me!

Do you have a different one that you recommend. I would appreciate it!

Which one would you select and why?

1. MakerHawk UM25C USB Voltmeter
    Bluetooth Type C USB Tester Meter USB Voltage Meter and Current Tester, 1.44inch 5A Color LCD Display Power Tester Multimeter, QC 2.0 3.0 $29.99

1. Eversame USB Voltmeter
    Ammeter Load Tester with Braided USB C to USB C Cable(1.5Ft/50cm) - Test Speed of Charger Cables - PD 2.0/3.0 QC 2.0/3.0/4.0 $19.99

5 Likes

I’m using this one from eversame.

It’s a little patchy (like sometimes it won’t display right away, as if the plug is loose), but I like it ok.

That bluetooth feature looks pretty cool, but I’m wary of off brand BT connections and the apps you have to install to use them.

4 Likes

This is the one I’m waiting for, I cancelled the one above that I had ordered that @gAnkster uses

2 Likes

I too saw that tester but according to the Internet UM25C is better than UM34C… That is another thing I was looking at when narrowing down my choices. Really couldn’t find much out there on the difference between these two standards

I use a Satachi. Not many frills but it gets the job done. Has a 60 watt limitation though.

1 Like

Here you go

1 Like

This is something I wanna get in the near future :+1: thanks

1 Like

Okay something caught my attention with the one you posted @Tank . The other test meters require a load when testing a powerbank, this one doesn’t. So this is currently in my number one spot! Thanks!!!

2 Likes

Why did you cancel?

Two different orders and they both said they were shipped and ready to be delivered but never came

1 Like

I found a comparison on Amazon between the testers and their functions. Resolution is tight on UM25C. Still undecided cause UM34C has USB 3.0 but no Bluetooth computer support. I would like the computer application plus USB 3.0 but can’t have them both.

1 Like

I have the eversame 2in1, honestly wouldnt use any others than ones with dedicated ports for both usb-c and usb-a. Too many bells and whistles usually draw their own current and waste power. Simple yet very effective is really the key.

Well, I guess the resolution and AMP reading on the UM25 offers some advantage. Its funny that in the special function description it shows Bluetooth on both.

1 Like

Bluetooth is available on the um34c, but it’s app controlled and not via a computer which for some makes it more unreliable due to how the app could have been programed

1 Like

I’ve been lurking around the net for some real feedback and I think @Tank has something on the UM34C. So based on my findings I think I also need a load bank with the tester and so far this is my current selection. Link To Amazon UM34C w/LD25

So many good options. I’m gonna have to read a lot to figure out which one I want

1 Like

Yes, there are many USB meters out there and I know that this would really help out when testing devices, cables, powerbanks, etc… Imagine this in your test plan.

1 Like

That’s a good combo to test how long to drain products and measure their true capacity

1 Like

See I like where that is going @Tank If there was a testing event for a powercore or cables then I’m hopeful I get selected and test out the products to the extreme. Like I said I really like the features of the UM34C, just wish it had a computer application to go along with it just like the UM25C. But the ports are updated, kinda present and near future proof. Who knows what the next standard will be!

Yea I need it for future test plans and also for personal use, I wanna make sure the cables or chargers I get are getting the specs advertised

1 Like