USB Meter Recommendation

Thanks for the thread @dicejedi, lot of info from the group… will help when I really want to do the testing…

Yes! @ikari04warrior I see a personal need for it as well. I’ve had other chargers and cables that I’ve thrown out thinking that they were bad, also I had a RAV Power 5 port charger that a USB port went out. I wish i would of had the meter to actually know for sure what was going on with that port. I gave it away and purchased an Anker one!

Okay so I made my purchase and should have it next week! Of all USB meters out there I think this was my best choice!

4 Likes

Glad to have helped, now that it’s pay day I’m gonna order mine too

1 Like

Let us know how do you like it!

1 Like

Why don’t we just try to get anker to make one?

Too late, at least for me. I already made the purchase and should be getting it on Tuesday. I would have preferred an Anker branded one!

1 Like

Having one to compare it against would be a + if they do a we love testing for an anker brand one :wink:

I love Anker, but some things are best left to others. Let Anker focus in battery tech, speakers and headphones, and vacuums and dash cams and leave the testing equipment to others.

Don’t forget their cables lol

1 Like

I’m using a Gearmo (USB-C version) which is similar to the Satachi above

1 Like

@dicejedi good luck with the purchase !
May be you should add your review to this topic later when you get your thing so people like me know if I had to buy one in the future?

1 Like

I just received my USB UM34C meter. It is awesome and the app via Bluetooth worked with an iPhone 7 plus. I just tested some random USB ports and it is pretty accurate. The USB load LD25 is a must when owning this type meter. I was using my Anker PowerCore+ 26800 to check the ports. Once I have some time I’ll write up a review.

5 Likes

Dude, let me know if you bring it to work. We compare cables, power banks, Wireless charger consumption etc.

1 Like

Did you write one, I searched under your username for a follow-up.

So over a year later, what is today’s best USB meter recommendation?

How about one of these?

http://www.chargerlab.com/a-comparison-of-the-chargerlab-power-z-usb-testers-v5-0/

Complex topic!

I can basically only know V, A and from trying each end of the cable infer resistance, so basic stuff mostly to spot dud cables but not much else.