Unveiling eufy’s mystery product - eufy EverCam now live on Kickstarter!

From what I read and saw on the video there is no monthly fee, everything is stored locally as it all should be on a SD card to avoid cloud services and monthly fees.

3 Likes

Receive the Kickstarter email myself today, my only concern about the camera is that it’s wifi. Don’t get me wrong great product idea only problem is I’m relying on WiFi signal from my internet service which I’ve found through passed experience is that it can be intermittent. That’s y I have a nvr hard line camera system. I can check on my app to see my cameras and when Internet is down, I can still rely on it recording to my 2tb nvr hub. But that just my opinion

1 Like

You can store locally and pay for online back ups too.

Absolutely smashing their targets. Really wish I could join in. I would definitely want HomeKit support though. I know they’ve said they’re working on it too.

I dig this, but until I own my own home ir rent somewhere where this is warranted I will have to pass for now. Looks and seems like it’s a great product that can do many things and provide security for those who get it

Cloud storage costs $3/month if you choose to go that route.

Stretch goal has been reached, so yes there will be IFTTT integration.

A smaller version is in the works.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Unveiling eufy’s mystery product - eufy EverCam now live on Kickstarter!:

That doesn’t really answer the question, does usage of the app require the paid subscription or will local storage be retrievable in the app without having to pay?

That makes huge difference in terms of functionality of the product as a standalone offering.

No, you can use the app regardless of whether you are paying for cloud storage.

So this product’s lifetime is around 300 years. 1 year per charge and 300 chargers per unit. (non-replaceable battery)

Looks like Anker wants to keep Micro USB around for much, much longer.

1 Like

Looks like an interesting product but surprised by the white colour, stands out a bit if trying to place discreetly…

Also think I’m missing something or I need sleep, they keep showing the camera outdoors with a quick attach/detachment system…what stops the camera being stolen? Would be expensive at $200 a chuck…

1 Like

Sirens I guess :laughing:

I believe locally stored videos are viewable etc in the app but the cloud storage allows for a back up so you can clear down the card for more recordings.

1 Like

Thanks for the correction :grin:

1 Like

I really want to invest in this project but I have to put a new roof on my house so I don’t have the kind of money Eufy wants us to invest in. Hopefully they will be sending out samples to test in the future. I would love to know if this will work for our needs.

You can catch the super early bird discount!:heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

The videos would be stored to the Homebase local storage, so if the base station isn’t connected to a wireless router, the camera can still be used.

2 Likes

You can only view live video via the web app if you have the subscription.
You can view live/recorded clips via the phone app for free. :grin:

2 Likes

Good question.:grin:
If someone steal the camera, there is a 100db siren that will sound as soon as someone attempts to take it., the camera will record the whole incident as soon as it begins happening, and it will also alert you via your phone.

3 Likes

I did read via one of the comments on Kickstarter that there is up to an6 second delay in motion detection to starting recording.

The camera could be wrapped up in a blanket by then :frowning:

Is there an option to have the cameras recording 24/7?