Unveiling eufy’s mystery product - eufy EverCam now live on Kickstarter!

The videos would be stored to the Homebase local storage, so if the base station isn’t connected to a wireless router, the camera can still be used.

2 Likes

You can only view live video via the web app if you have the subscription.
You can view live/recorded clips via the phone app for free. :grin:

2 Likes

Good question.:grin:
If someone steal the camera, there is a 100db siren that will sound as soon as someone attempts to take it., the camera will record the whole incident as soon as it begins happening, and it will also alert you via your phone.

3 Likes

I did read via one of the comments on Kickstarter that there is up to an6 second delay in motion detection to starting recording.

The camera could be wrapped up in a blanket by then :frowning:

Is there an option to have the cameras recording 24/7?

I love that! I’m still a bit weary about cloud services.

1 Like

Yes!!! That’s what I’m talking about :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I wondered about this, seemed so easy to steal. Very interested in this one!

I typically like the black/darker color, but this white would be more discreet against my white siding.

Very interested. I will probably wait until after the Kickstarter tho (I did the Zolo Liberty+). Very cool product and a security camera/system is something I have been considering purchasing lately.

1 Like

Even without a subscription to the service?
Still interested in subscription at current price point, but other cloud storage companies change what is included in subscription or potentially sunset their product support.

I pay 30 a year for the basic service for my ring elite door bell

Looks awesome. I’m moving into a new house over the next few weeks and would love to test one of these out!

1 Like

So you definitely need this to protect your new home!:laughing:

3 Likes

The camera are only recording when motion is detected.:grin:

1 Like

The 100db siren can be activated without subscription.:grin:

1 Like

batteries would be dead in 48 hours if it recorded 24/7

there will be colored silicone skins by third parties within 30 days of launch, there always is…lol

TLDR: Between security recordings, gaps can occur between motion tracking and that gap can be as long as 30 seconds. This flaw can potentially be exploited by having a decoy trigger the camera’s recording and then doing nefarious activities.

How will the new Eufy smart camera address this potential shortcoming that exists on current cameras?

How do other people address this or is this not really a concern?

I would prefer an always on system with motion detection alerts so you can look in to see what’s going on. Then you have the all of the footage to go back over and see if there is something you missed first time around.

I get the merits of this system being wireless etc but personally, I don’t think it’s the way to go.

1 Like

Congratulations, Eufy, on reaching $1M on the 3rd day!

3 Likes