Unofficial Anker's Online Meetup

Lol I won’t :innocent:

Ive been trying to stay away from the trailers and spoilers but at this point it’s very hard

Stop no one spoil anything for me I have stayed completely away from them because I don’t want to know. I want to watch and be amazed.

1 Like

Don’t worry, I won’t spoil nothing :+1:

1 Like

As a fan of Spider-Man and the avengers can’t wait to watch the movies coming out this summer!

I know, I’m hyped for Endgame. There is also an X-Men movie coming out this year called Dark Phoenix @MSTR

I live in New York City and I am a Land Surveyor, Professional Photographer and was a pro club DJ (I still mix but not in clubs anymore).

I’m also a systems builder and a Techie :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Seems like you stay pretty busy! Why did you stop DJing?seems like a pretty cool thing to do

I’ve always kept myself busy, and still do…but the DJ market doesn’t pay like it used to. Club owners not paying well, and new DJs willing to spin for free or little money has ruined the market. I still spin at home and make recordings & I am current with the music I play (still get lots of promo tracks), but clubs are in my past.

Although, if the price is right I could revive and continue that career.

2 Likes

That’s a shame. I hate when people ‘cheapen’ markets. Like magic. I’ve mentioned before I’m into card magic. I hate when people go onto YouTube and just learn like one card slight, of learn one trick…

It just cheapens everything.

Seems like that’s been the trend everywhere. Somewhere along the way, people think they can do better for less.

It is, what it is.

1 Like

Anker seems to have accomplished this well though :grin:

Well, I have no problem with that :wink:

1 Like

You got any mixes on YouTube? I’d like to check them out if you don’t mind :+1:

Hey everyone! Thanks for starting this thread!

I live in Auburn, AL (USA) and work for a company that develops wireless comm systems. We have systems all over the place in Vegas, 30 Rock, and most football teams use us for their sideline communication. I do a lot of travel to the football teams to make sure everything is in order and working for the coming season.

And to chime in with everyone else, magic tricks are awesome, I can’t wait for Avengers, and my wife is the real musician in the family (singer and keyboardist) and I usually run sound.

You can hear my mixes here: http://mixcloud.com/DezMix

2 Likes

First off (and I know it’s late but) welcome to the community. Hope you’re enjoying here. Sounds like you have a nice fun job. I love travelling but haven’t really traveled in a couple years so hoping I turn that around right after I graduate :joy:. My family doesn’t have anyone really musically talented but my dad, sister, and I love listening to songs and singing along

Could be worse, you could work in technology where 80% of what you know is outdated in 5 years.

1 Like

Thanks for the link. I’ll give a listen tomorrow when I go to the gym. Any mix you can recommend while I’m on the treadmill?

Thanks for joining us here. Do you get any free tickets to football games?

I’ve been blessed to go to a number of games. I was actually on Clemson’s sideline during the National Championship game this past year when they beat Alabama!! That was a moment I will treasure for years to come! Ha ha!! But yes, we go onsite for a lot of games and the guys we work with always tell us that we are always welcome at any game.