Unlock the power of eufy Doorbell - Motion Detection

Hi eufy fans,

Do you ever feel that you’re getting out-smarted by your smart home? To make life easier, we want to share monthly tips with you that will help you make the most of your eufy devices. Keep an eye out for more “Unlock the power of eufy” posts and gain the knowledge needed to be top of the smart-home class.

Before we get started, we have an exciting update: The new eufy Doorbell was released on June 12. If you were one of the eager fans to have already purchased the eufy Doorbell we would love to get your initial thoughts.

Anyway, on with the main event. You are here to learn more about what makes your eufy device tick. For this installment, we will take a closer look at the eufy Doorbell. In particular, the Motion Detection function, to learn how a simple change to these settings can ensure you only receive the alerts which matter to you.

What is Motion Detection?

Motion Detection is designed to monitor the situation outside your front door, detecting moving objects and then pushing notification alerts to your phone. By setting up Activity Zones and adjusting the Sensitivity you can modify the frequency in which you receive alerts. Follow the provided scenarios for reference when adjusting these settings. Guidelines will be provided for if you should set the Sensitivity level to “Head Only”, ”Upper Body” or, “All Motion”.

How to reduce the occurrence of false detection?

If your phone is blowing up with irrelevant alert notifications it is likely due to unsuitable Motion Detection settings.

Here are some handy tips to reduce false detection:

1. In cases where the Doorbell view is highly active, objects such as moving vehicles, trees blowing in the wind, or passersby may easily trigger Motion Detection. The solution here is to set up an Activity Zone that excludes the areas in which these moving objects are likely to be found.

2. You may have your Sensitivity level set too high. Manually reduce the sensitivity and trigger times appropriately.

3. If the above two methods are not successful we suggest removing any Activity Zone and setting Sensitivity to “Face Only”. Facial recognition accuracy is increased and the probability of false detection significantly reduced.

How to reduce the occurrence of missed detection?

You may find that you are missing certain alerts that you want to see. Maybe you are completely missing visitors approaching your house or you want to be alerted if your pet gets out on the front lawn!

Here are some suggestions for solving missed detection:

1. If you set an Activity Zone, please ensure that the zone you have drawn covers the entire range of interest. The images below show the correct and incorrect way to draw your Activity Zone.

1. You may have your Sensitivity level set too low. Manually increase the sensitivity and trigger times appropriately.

2. Ensure that you have not set the Sensitivity level to “Face Only”. Setting the level to “Upper Body” or in rare cases “All Motion” will increase the likelihood of capturing the events you want to see.

Power Unlocked

So you are now a Motion Detection expert! Be sure to use this information to make the most out of your new eufy Security Video Doorbell and only receive the alerts which matter to you.

If you encounter any problems during use or have any other questions, please contact our customer service team through the following channels:

1)eufy Security app->Help->Live chat/Call us/Feedback;

2)Ask your questions here at the bottom of this post;

3)Send us an email: support@eufylife.com.

We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your support.

eufy Security Team

17 Likes

Since I’m now a Motion Detection expert! @AnkerOfficial I would like to use that as my title instead of Power User

:wink:

ok maybe it’s bedtime I’m getting weird🤪

7 Likes

Here you go @yamyam custom shape activity zones available for doorbell. Hope they are coming to eufycam soon to make you happy :grin:

2 Likes

he is going to be so mad when he sees this. lol

2 Likes

Love to see what GIF he is going to use :joy:

1 Like

so many options

3 Likes

I wrote out my post that I am putting in for the #OneCharger event at 3 am. I checked it in the morning and I realized that I needed to sleep because it was, for lack of better words, interesting.

1 Like

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
chronological process of yami visiting eufy HQ @ 20.06.2019 after reading t.h.i.s.!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

2 Likes

@AnkerSupport @AnkerOfficial @AnkerTechnical

Unlock%20the%20power%20of%20eufy%20Doorbell%20%20%20Motion%20Detection%20%20%20General%20%20%20Product%20Discussion%20%20%20Anker%20Community

Still havn’t raised the limit?! … Are we still living in the 90’s ?! … 4MB … serious?!
Make it 40 and we have a deal … oh … damn … who am i talking to?! Just fired them all :smile:

1 Like

@yamyam that’s hilarious !! this is what I expected LOL :joy:
Hold on buddy, custom activity zones are coming…

1 Like

That’s what i at least have expected after reading this “news”. :wink:

Because it would be more than a joke, when custom shape activity zones would be available for a lil small product like the doorbell, but not for
tha #No.1 product … the famous, yami powered and promoted … eufy cam! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Goldkette%20%20%20eufycam

The only “info” and confirmation i would need now, regarding this, would be that ONLY activity detected in the brandnew, modern, flexible and supersexy custom shape activity zone for eufycam, will be recorded!

Then i will be happy and be able to check off another point of the TO-DO List :+1:

Can’t wait for the update and hope that everything will work 100% flawless, because this is one of the most important features of eufycam and hardly needed to save me several hundred videos a day triggered by my “neighbours”. Like described in detail here:

Love the article and illustration.

1 Like

nice write up and walk through.

I wish you guy did a truly wireless doorbell for those that don’t have a wired door bell. If you guys made one or had a kit to convert the current one into a battery powered unit I would love to get my hands on one of these.

Sorry this is the limit set by the discourse system. And it has been upgraded from 2MB to 4MB on this version.

3 Likes

Sorry to read. Most cool gifs are bigger than 4MB :weary: and like seen above, this low limit is destroying my stories and noone will click a link to see a gif! … At Post #9 above, the gif which is not shown because of the limit is essential for the whole story and joke - but only 2 … TWO(!) … clicked (and thefore) seen it. :unamused:

… so the EGF … the eufy gif master will quit his job here.

The GIF MASTER is :skull_and_crossbones: … long live the GIF MASTER! :crown:

4mb is better than 2mb. Maybe in the next system update we can have 5mb :rofl:

1 Like

Sure @ikari04warrior

But you need to see the deterioration of possibilities:

In the previous forum version, there has been also a certain limit of MB for uploaded files, probably the same as now. So far, so good. BUT:

In the previous version you have been able to post an URL of files which has been BIGGER than this limit and it has been still shown in the post (but not automatically downloaded to the forum space).

In the current version you can still post an URL over images larger than those 4MB, but instead of showing them in the forum (from 3rd party webspace) it is only showing an “error” message with a link :-1:

That’s the small but subtle difference :exclamation:

So from now on, it will not be possible anymore to post images, gifs or whatever, which are bigger than (joking) 4 MB with the option to get it shown in the post. Now you have to click on a link to see it. Most people won’t do this, proofen in this post #9 above. Most people probably do not even take notice that there is an image “missing” because they oversee the link.

Need another example? Sure direct link to the post: … see +++ GENERAL eufycam TODO-LIST +++ and notice that several hundred people have reades it, but only 1 … yes … ONE(!) has clicked the error-message-link to see tha GIF! :roll_eyes:

Now understanding why it is a step backwards in my eyes and why it is “destroying” some “story” or post or the “easy read and understand” of a post?

Not a big deal and trump will still terrorize the world (which will still keep spinning; at least until he hits the nuclear button), but no more gifs from me from now on… :cry:

Have a nice day.

(Maybe the first post from me in this forum without any GIF!) :scream:

2 Likes

Yea I think this is the first post I see from you without a gif :rofl:

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: I wish the levels we’re back as people worked hard to get those