"Unable to connect to application server." and phone and chat supports are down... What the flying f***?

I havent needed to join till it went down… Maybe same for other people?

I’m back and running…let’s hope it continues.

Now working intermittently. Can see all recordings, but getting occasional dropouts. Able to delete some recordings then drops out, but seems to come back immediately. Have now been able to delete all recordings.

Very intermittent. Just about usable.

But what if an AZ goes does. Should you setup DNS fail over to a different region for DR? This can be achieved using route 53. I would use us-east-1 and DR to us-west-2.

What do you presume they would us lambda for?

Do you think they would also benefit from an ASG?

All good now here is Australia

1 Like

I am getting notifications from the app detecting movement and can still view the cameras live feed but cannot view events or even load them. it defeats the entire purpose of ‘local’ storage

Back up right around 7:40pm PST. Emailed customer service, for a response re: video doorbell relying on eufy servers for proper function. If I need their servers to access my locally stored videos, then I’m out. I’m returning my doorbell.

1 Like

Not to mention how your system isn’t really independent… relies on their servers, whether you’re subscribed to cloud service or not.

1 Like

Let us know what they say, if you can.

2 Likes

There is no inherent reason it has to be that way. There is no inherent reason why existing hardware has to do it that way.

You want backup to cloud for security to cover the situation of bad person destroys camera, enters property, destroys base, you have the images external to property, but there’s no reason why the cloud copy is the only version and no reason why you can’t access the in-home copies via a mix of dynamic IP memory and uPnP. If Eufy made a server-dependent version, that was a deliberate design choice, building in an automatic implicit failure.

Does seem weird how none of the core Eufy users on here haven’t chimed in…

The Eufy servers are for app authentication and security everything else runs locally, such as camera footage to the Homebase and footage from the Homebase the end device using the app. Yes if the servers go down and your not already signed into the app…trouble is forthcoming…

Still no issues on mine, with recording, notifications and several days footage still being available…even after a sign in/out of the app.

Good for you, ‘core user’

No response yet, except for the generic “server-down-fixing-it-soon” response posted everywhere on this forum. I’ve been disconnected at every live chat attempt, and email support is mute right now. I left an amazon review, just to advise on the server dependability of the system. Really disappointed to learn the doorbell quickly went on sale here in N. America https://www.amazon.com/eufy-Security-Battery-Powered-Detection-Self-Installation/dp/B081C4JN51/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=2k+hd+eufy+doorbell&qid=1592059169&sr=8-3 :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

On behalf of Eufy Security let me first apologize for our lack of communications. The team has been busy through yesterday and the night fixing a server-side issue. This doesn’t change the fact that we haven’t responded in a timely manner with updates and the big question: why did it happen! This isn’t cool. And we know it.

To make matters worse, these same server issues impacted our customer service systems. This meant that many who attempted to contact us got no help.

The good news, everything is back up and running, and as you can see, the server issues did not impact video recording and storage. But the server-side issue did impact the apps ability to negotiate with devices and view videos.

We promise we will provide more details soon, including plans to improve and enhance our system AND to help avoid “down time” issues like this in the future if a server does go down.

In the meantime, again, we are sorry and promise to do better.

We will be providing more details soon!

• Eufy Security
1 Like

Hi!

After yesteday issues, now I have a even bigger issue.
When I try to access the cameras I get a notification saying:
“System Upgraded. Please remove all of the devices and add again”
Same msg if I go to the app and try to restart home base (v1).
Is anyone experiencing the same or had a similar issue before?

I have 18 devices between cameras and entry sensors, some of them not even of easy access…
I would hate to have to do all the system setup again!!!

Hey that seems frustrating — and let’s see if we can figure this out. Can you contact eufy customer service — they are online this weekend. Support@eufylife.com Or if you are in US you can call 8009887973.

Me too. Im in US

I haven’t seen that message yet (Australia here), re: having to setup from scratch again.

But while things do seem to be back online again now for the most part, I’m still getting periodic “Unable to connect to the application server” messages. Hopefully it’s still in the process of being fully rectified…

same here in AUS. Can Eufy please provide somekind of updates !!! Thanks.

Just installed my new eufy floodlight security camera (which was a drama in its own right with WiFi connectivity, and I work in IT) and now it will not reliably notify me of alerts. It may be related to the server issue, but security systems MUST always work other wise they are do not meet their primary function. I’ll see if things improve else will be returning my product for a full refund.