"Unable to connect to application server." and phone and chat supports are down... What the flying f***?

Or dare I say it, a different brand

2 Likes

Itā€™s 6:50am in China I doubt any of them have been working the last 4 hours
Probably be fine in 2 to 3 hours

Ironically, the bad engineer is often not allowed to persist after these events.

That bad engineer can just be fired and end up hired in the brand you buy from next.

Iā€™d aim for someone been around for 10-15 years so the errors they made years ago have been made and learned from. Just donā€™t jump to someone else doing a similar bad engineering.

Also donā€™t judge by brand. Bad engineers can work for any company. Look for maturity of product, at least the 3rd iteration, and some years of positive reviews.

And to mention it now a 3rd time, pay for something with a monthly fee. If they donā€™t get paid, they donā€™t have any reason to keep it working longer than 1-2 years. Think about the storage, compute and network costs. Imagine 2 years from now someone asks if the product should be canned or not. It gets asked what is the revenue lost. If no monthly fee, there is no loss. If there is a monthly fee, you lose revenue. Which of those will get canned.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s true, you could end up with a similar experience even from a different brand. I guess doing some research before buying cameras would be the best approach

Not so much the camera specifically, that is a stateless device which has to be designed for physical issues (water, etc).

But a service, that is mostly software backed with a NOC (Network Operations Center) who have a business continuity plan with architects who think deeply of what can go wrong. Usually people aged > 40 years who made rookie mistakes > 20 years ago and donā€™t trust anything including themselves.

2 Likes

I am getting error unable to connect to application server. Mine have been doing fine for 10 days and now this. I called and phone service is down. Sent email but that said could take up to 24 hours. NOT HAPPY!

2 Likes

Iā€™m new to this community since I received my indoor cameras today. I was hesitant about posting here and seeking for help since I ready comments like: Inexperienced users are having issues or something along the line: itā€™s working for me so it might be you.

But here it goes:
Received two cameras today. Downloaded the app and had to try multiple times to overcome the bad gateway 503 issue. Then activating Face ID had to be turned on multiple times since it somehow never saved the settings.
Added first camera via the given instructions, started the firmware update. Close to the end it said the update was not successful but somehow I already received motion notifications. So I clicked on update later. This was the exact the story with the second camera. Now I get notifications but I canā€™t open them.
Within the app, the cameras are both shown as offline.

I deleted the app, rebooted the phone and synced the cameras again even with a different network open to everything. Nada.

Tried some search for a status page but somehow donā€™t see one. Any idea where to find it since support is not available?

Thank you.

1 Like

Rota.

4 shifts
Each shift 8 hours, 3 employees.
Overlap 2 hours, handover current status of open tickets
Each staff works 40 hours/week, with 6 weeks total non-working (vacation, etc) = 1840 hours/staff/year
365 days x 4 shifts x 8 hours / shift x 3 staff = 35040 hours.
35040 hours worked vs 1840 hours = 19 employees (of which 3 are working all the time, overlapping, a rota)

Average global IT tech hourly cost $60 (offshore) / hour. Cost of 19 employees = $60x40x52x19= $2.4M/pa.

Average Eufy product sale cost $250, raw manufacturing cost $100. Net profit $150.

Assume a 3 year life. Profit/year = $50.

$2.4M/pa / $50 = 47424.

Break-even point to make 24x7 support economically viable = 47,000 customers.

Just sayinā€™ā€¦

Installed my 2C today and now getting this 503 code, unable to login or anything now. I hope this gets fixed soon or Iā€™ll be returning this system!

2 Likes

Iā€™m having the same issue. I received the ā€œunable to connect to application serverā€ error around 2:00 pm today. I could view live video but couldnā€™t see any new recordings. I chatted Anker about the issue: Thereā€™s no human support; only the bot is accessible, and it couldnā€™t assist. I called Anker: They stated in a recorded message that their phone system was down. I emailed Anker: As of 7:35 pm, the issue persists.

2 Likes

Security
24x7
reliability.

Expensive.

com-add-text%20(4)

None faultless here.

The point is they touted for local storage and the ease of use.

Thereā€™s no reason why they had to connect to a server.

2 Likes

The only reason I bought it. Local storage and home kit. I wanted to get rid of the other stuff.

2 Likes

And I thought it was just my system that was acting up! Glad I checked this forum.

Ugh my front door camera has the alarm option turned on too. Going to go.off like crazy when I get home.

3 Likes

Just got back home and I cant disable my away mode. just a repeated 503 error. My alarm is going off in my living room with no way to turn it off. worst part is my house was recently broken into so i also set anti-theft protection on both cameras so i cant even take the camera down to stop motion detection until this is resolved. Truly frustrated right now.

3 Likes

People in here defending Anker or trying to rationalize this for them are ridiculous, even to the point of blaming the customers for not doing enough ā€œresearchā€ or do the math for them for cost and sustainability?

People spent their money on THIS brand over Ring, Arlo, Nest for a reason. Itā€™s absolutely inexcusable especially when none of the chat agent or phone lines are working.

2 Likes

Same here. Canā€™t log in with 502/503 error and camera is useless at the moment.

The system didnā€™t work seamlessly all week either

1 Like

The alarm turns off after like 30 seconds. Yours doesnā€™t?

1 Like

Wow. Serious programming issues here. Unable to turn off an alarm in your house due to the Internet being down???

I donā€™t have the alarms, but do have the cameras. Chose this system since it was presented as not relying on the Internet for functionality (unlike Nest, etc.). Absolutely should be able to have motion detected, and video recorded and accessible locally (on same network), without the Internet being up.

Wow. Never occurred to me to ask that question, since it seems so obvious how it should/would work. I was a Kickstarter backer, and did have issues initially with WiFi distances supported, and motion detection. They jumped on those issues and the system has performed well until this debacle. Now thinking Iā€™ll have to replace the entire system. Truly disappointed.

And yes, I did open a support ticket as well. Hoping everyone will do that. Perhaps this issue will get addressed, too, eventually, if there are sufficient complaints.

Just occurred to me that maybe the reason thereā€™s no chat, phones, servers is that the company might have gone out of businessā€¦

1 Like

Just bought this system with 3 cameras. Trying to hook it up today and keep getting this 503 error for the last 4 hours. Iā€™m glad I checked this forum but Iā€™m not happy. I chose this over Ring because of the local storage. The lack of support from the company is inexcusable for a security system.

2 Likes