Unable to add Homebase 2, help?

really sounds like you understand the issue but I have no idea what you are saying

Same boat. I’m in Qatar.
Have two homebases. Neither will connect to the app. Tried manually entering the code and using QR code.

The customer support then basically said the homebase doesn’t work outside of US (which if true makes me wonder why).

Either way despite trying to push that sync button (never mentions when or for how long), nothing works at all.

Only thing I can think of is my net gear Orbi router settings which I’m going to go through later. I even switched off the security guard in it.

This shouldn’t be so hard for so many people.

Having just been the same issues as listed here and with the help of Wireshark to packet trace. I noticed that Eufy and the Eufy Security App were sending out Apple HomeKit Mulitcast (MDNS) packets. I flicked over to the Apple Home App on my iPhone and created a new Home and then Add Accessory and scanned the QR code on the bottom of Eufy. Once I completed that set up in Home App, I flicked back to the Eufy Security App and used Add Device and followed the instructions in the App and everything worked this time. A frustrating few days for my Partner (Non-Technical) and then a few hours for me, but once over this hurdle it all worked fine. Hope this helps you all too.

1 Like

Having the same issue! Unable to add homebase 2!

Thank you!

Friends, good night. Greetings from Chile.
After 5 days of bad support.
Try connecting homebase2 to apple homekit app. I read the QR and effectively linking manva2 with my home network (router). With this rule out if it was a software or hardware error. With the homebase2 already connected to my network, I tried to link from the eufy security application. As a result, being 3:06 AM I can sleep peacefully homebase2 + 2 cameras work at 100.

Greetings. And thanks for being such bad professionals the support team.

Lo and behold, I was able to connect!
I set the country to US in the app, and were able to add the homebase2. Thanks @Kei7 for this idea.

any idea what i could use with a android? google home?

Hi,

Same issue here.

It worked 1 year without problem, then it starts to have issue with notifications 2 or 3 months ago (i received it some hours after the detection, and sometime never).

I tried to remove the homebase 2 from the app and to add it again to resolve the notifications issue, and now it’s impossible to pair the homebase with the app : the blue led is blinking.

I contacted eufy support, and because the warranty is over since june, they can’t do anything !

Please help

I found out the problem. Just received my hardware today and it jsut didnt want to work. Was ready to pull my hair out. I have a complicated set up with a NAT firewall, a DMZ, Users, Internal network zones all on different subnets. I thought it was the firewall i set up port forwarding and everything and it just didnt want to work. I inspected the logs very carefully and not a single packet was blocked.

Then it hit me. I am connecting via my phone which is on my USERS subnet (192.168.10.x ip address) and the homebase i had connected it to my “Internal” network (192.168.33.x) which contains servers for data storage etc. And since its making calls to China IP addresses I wanted it blocked from the internet but have access only to the storage services in my internal network and I will allow whatever specific ports are required from the app.

So I unplugged it from my internal network and connected it to my USERS wifi (serving the .10 subnet range) and just like that it was picked up, pressed the sync button and it was added in a second. After that i plugged it back to the internal network and its working just fine! So anyone else reading this just make sure the phone you are connecting from and the IP the homebase has is on the same subnet. Hopefully this will help someone.

I had the same issue. I strongly believe the fix is that all devices should have the latest firmware or OS upgrades. Once I upgrade my phone OS (it was 3 patches behind android) all worked.