Thoughts on new iPhone coming out?

you didn’t know what an iphone was when you got it? You’re learning.

No I knew.

Honestly I kind of fall for some of the marketing. I also admire Apple’s attention to detail, frequent software updates, anger tendency to reinvent SOME things.

My next phone will probably be iPhone X, but not for a year or two.

My next phone has not been invented yet. I doubt Apple will invent it.

So, til then I’ll just go cheap.

^^Bingo^^

The only reason I made this thread is because I wanted to know if there was an actual difference between the 8 and the x. Yeah the 7 is much cheaper but in the long run which will last me longer? Obviously the 8 will, also if you kept reading down you’d know I said that I don’t care about a screen. $300 is a lot for a screen and thats the only difference, a screen. Why do i\I use iPhone you may ask? Its because in school we use macs, I own a mac, my friends and family have iPhones. The only time I use a PC is when i am making massive, multi part CAD 3D vehicles. What ever brand of smartphone use satellite and 3G will be the victor in the industry, especially if the cost for satellite calling and texting decline in the coming years. Your next phone has already been planned out, I sit in class and don’t make the new fighter drone for next year but the drone in 20 years that is fully autonomous. Apple adds on feature a year due to the call of duty curse, where there has to be something new every year. Is going cheap always good though? Would you go cheap in brakes for your bike? Cheap insurance? I know that wouldn’t skimp on certain things.

@joshuad11 you fell for the premium look and longevity of a phone, advertising is only part of it.

1 Like

This is a very valid point. The power of the Apple ecosystem starts with the incomparable continuity features.

I used to believe this was very true, and it still is in some ways, but now I also think they gradually slow down your phone over time to entice you to upgrade.

1 Like

Yes everytime a new iPhone comes out your reception and phone get crappier. Im on ATT @joshuad11 and you? Im totally with you on them making the phone slower.

1 Like

my iPhone 6 does that also. i figured it out with the iPhone 4, do period backups of the phone and when it gets slow reset it to factory. I think the phone realizes it has a new user and works to the full extent again. I have verizon and they do over time, seem to mess with you to pressure you into getting a new phone

2 Likes

Sprint, but I’m more so talking animations and overall speed of the device.

I’ll have to try that later this week!

1 Like

Yeah that too. Where I live sprint suuuucks. ATT is the best and lately it has been going down hill as well.

2 Likes

Yeah, luckily Sprint works around town for us but if you go too far, well, you’re out of luck.

What I think everyone is forgetting was the 2yr agreements. You used to be able to get the newest iPhone for $200 for the 2yr agreement. But the price on that phone was still around $700. Now they are not doing 2year agreements so you have to pay that full price. But with the 2yr agreements they were still getting that $700 through your service plan. Now it looks more expensive but your still paying the same amount of money as if it were a 2yr agreement plan.

This is the iPhone 6 Plus when it came out $299 with two year agreement. $749 with no contract. There are no more 2yr agreements. But when you did the 2yr agreements the phone company made up the $450 on you. So needless to say you were always paying the full price on the phone even if it was a 2yr agreement.

Apple has 8 phones in their lineup now. That is too many.

1 Like

When I got the 6 a year after it came out the 4 was still available!

Ouch and after all that money :moneybag: :cry: :laughing: but no doubt one @nigelhealy will like…

Like how he comments "Better dont put your phone and razer blade in one pocket” :smirk:, like any sane person would

2 Likes

I once put a rock and iPhone together in my pocket after being up for 40+ hrs straight. Not recommended, not recommended :unamused:

gotta love jerry. cant wait for when he takes it apart and also does a drop test.

Speaking of Unbox Therapy…