Thoughts on new iPhone coming out?

Since when airpods have wireless charging? :hushed:

Since a new 2nd gen case was released, no doubt for a nice price premium :wink:

1 Like

I think I missed this part too :joy:

why you always bought the ā€œsā€ version of the iPhone, I really curious about this!

Iā€™m so sorry to hear the newsā€¦ I personally think that 5S is the most durable model for iPhone haha :joy:

What?!?!? I pre order those AirPods and got them in may and now I gotta buy more? @joshuad11 I rarely take photos so for me $300 is not worth it for a screen in November, Iā€™d rather put $300 towards AIrpods or watch 3.

Oh my godā€¦:joy:

@AnkerOfficial will we see a USB-C to Lightning cable? I am more loyal to you guys for cables!:blush::blush:

Im the same with you, but I using iphone 5.

They might offer the option to buy the wireless charging case separate when it is eventually released but based on it being Apple, itā€™s probably a way to shoe horn users into buying again :grin:

1 Like

For me, itā€™s worth it for the all-screen design. Too cool! The X also has 2 hours longer battery life than the 8, so less of a need for fast charging.

do you have to remove all cases for wireless charging to work? Are there cases that work with wireless charging? Iā€™m not just talking Iphone since we dont know, im talking any wireless charging phone

:joy::joy: So true :joy:

I think you can use silicone plastic cover, the important thing is that they are not of metal.

2 Likes

I am vaguely reminded of the palm pre with their webos uiā€¦funny how apple comes full circle in previous used technology and highlights it as ā€œinnovativeā€
Personally I am beyond underwhelmed by the news of any of the new phones. I mean I knew going into the event what to expect, but maybe just maybe I was hoping for more and something truly innovative here.

I checked some of the official Apple cases on their website and their description states that they can be left on during wireless charging.

EDIT: Also found this image on the new Karapax case on Amazon:

2 Likes

I think most of the innovation comes down to the TrueDepth camerasā€¦ some pretty cool tech in there crammed into a tiny notch!

Eh so I give it to apple to be one of the first to bring true depth cameras to the market but it has been out for a while, Sony has demoed it for their experia line of phones and Qualcomm also had this developed since last year

2 hours longer on screen time than iphone 7, not 8

you see what they did there? Not only does apple never reveal their mAH of their batteries, but they compared their battery life to the iPhone 7, which was notoriously bad (~1950mAH if i remember correctly)

the fact that they compared the battery life to the iphone 7 and not any of the 8 or even the 7 Plus means its worse than 7plus or maybe even on par with 7Plus

1 Like

well 8 is same as 7 soā€¦

1 Like