The Weird and Wonderful Christmas Song Contest!

Christmas Greetings, Anker Fans!

Is there a song you just have to hear to get in the festive mood, a classic Christmas song that really takes you back, or a cheesy holiday tune that makes you cringe? If so, we want to hear about it!

We’ve got 3 mystery boxes worth $100 each up for grabs, and to be in with a chance of winning one, all you have to do is share a Christmas song with us. It could be something odd, something awesome, a hidden gem, or even your own Christmas cover!

Just post a YouTube or Spotify link to the song in the comments below, let us know what the song means to you, and then share the event on Facebook or Twitter with the hashtag #AnkerChristmasCarol.

Check out the rules below for more information, and most importantly, have fun!

Power On!

Rules:

1. Share a Christmas song in the comments below and tell us why you chose that song or what it means to you, then share the event on your Facebook or Twitter with the hashtag #AnkerChristmasCarol and mention our official account: Twitter: @AnkerOfficial Facebook: @Anker.fans
  2. We will pick our 3 favorite Christmas song submissions to win our Christmas mystery box worth $100.
  3. We will announce the winners on December 10th, 2019.
  4. This event is open to users from the US, the UK, Canada, Germany, Italy, France, and Spain.
  5. Anker reserves the right of final explanation.

The winners are announced!

Here they are, in no particular order:

@stambubabaer Last Christmas - Wham!

What can we say? This is a total classic and a real favorite especially with the members of our team. It’s catchy, it has a snowy video, and the message is uplifting. Let’s all give our hearts to someone special this year!

@The_Bearded_Tech_Guy Somewhere in My Memory - John Williams

Most of us think of hit pop songs or traditional carols when we think of Christmas music. This one is from a movie soundtrack, but it’s just as iconic and moving as any other Christmas song. We love it! I mean, who doesn’t love Home Alone?

@ericwilborn Dominick the Donkey - Lou Monte

There are a few reasons why we picked this one. Firstly, quite a few of us in the office had never heard it before, so it was a nice surprise. Secondly, we wanted to choose a song that kids would like too, and let’s be honest, we’re all big kids at this time of year!

Congratulations to all the winners. A $100 mystery box is heading your way!

Thanks also for everybody who shared a song over the past few days. We had a lot of fun going through them all, hearing some old favorites, a few potentially new favorites, and having a couple of arguments about which ones should win.

If you didn’t win this time, don’t be disheartened. We’ve got more giveaways coming, starting today with The Ugly Christmas Sweater Contest!

19 Likes

This is quite easy for me, as I have a hands down favorite Christmas song. its beginning to look a lot like Christmas- Bing Crosby

1 Like

Nothing quite like staying in on a cold winter day and watching your favorite Christmas movie with your family. The Grinch has been a holiday favorite since I was a little one.

2 Likes

I enjoy singing lots of the old classic carols, but the typical rotation on the radio gets a little old.

I continue to get a thrill of anticipation whenever I hear the opening chords of Trans-Siberian Orchestra’s Sarajevo (Carol of the Bells). That is the Christmas song that I enjoy almost any time of year.

It can be even better when combined with some well coordinated Christmas lights on a house that has gone way over the top for Christmas.

1 Like

This song makes me so happy. I smile and sing along every time I hear it.

Have several favourites, all which could be considered classic Xmas tunes but my favourite would have to be Darlene Love ‘All Alone On Christmas’

For me it has to be traditional choir sung songs.
This brings back warm childhood memories of preparing for Christmas and putting up decorations in anticipation of spending a special time of year with family and friends.
Composed by Franz Xaver Gruber in 1818.
This rendition is by the Winchester Cathedral Choir.

Silent Night…

I always liked this song because I found it hilarious and my family would sing it when they heard it, so it has some good memories attached to it.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/hMhMekfIyos my go to song.

Several years ago this group became popular on YouTube for a video they did in college of the “12 Days of Christmas”. Due to the popularity of this video, they have since come back together and done several albums. I love their new stuff, but going back to the video that made them popular is always a great way to start the season!! Even if you don’t like “a cappella” groups, you really should watch this! I hope it puts a smile on your face just like it does mine!

4 Likes

Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree by Brenda Lee. This song reminds me of watching “Home Alone” - specifically the scene where the entire house is filled with mannequins to make it look like a full house party to keep the burglars away. @AnkerOfficial

That was pretty awesome :rofl:

1 Like

I know, right?! From a musical standpoint, it’s challenging and hard to pull off… from an entertainment standpoint, it’s quite fun to watch!

1 Like

In 2014, had been to Christmas party in NY, invited by a friend, they had this song with all the kids and parents singing this song and dance going on, it was quite a scene, with Santa entering towards the end, with presents for all :slight_smile:

Hope all of you enjoy it!

This song is dedicated to @AnkerOfficial and Anker Team, for being Santa Claus for the entire Anker Community !!! Thank you!

Dang you got me on this one! I LOVE that song. My kids know all the lyrics. It was the first one I thought of when I saw this thread :laughing:

1 Like

Uh, yeah, I’m gonna have this on all day. Nice one @matt_tabor!

1 Like

There’s a Christmas claymation special I grew up watching on VHS (My dad had recorded it from network TV). This one was always my favorite:

This one is also excellent:

Take this!

1 Like

This song really gets me in the festive season, I always hear it everytime at Christmas. :grin:

Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer :santa::deer:

Also I’ve got to add this one to list

Original Jingle Bells Soundtrack :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

My kids love this to get them into the Christmas spirit - we’ve had it on every morning in the car on the school run for the last week or so with them swaying to and fro in the back with big grins on their faces as they get excited for the big day!

It’s definitely a feel good song that reminds me that Christmas is getting closer and I’ve still got so much left to do!

It’s The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year - Andy Williams

1 Like