The Community Christmas Countdown | “Unforgettable” Gifts

best gift I ever got was when I got the N64 as a kid. I dont think I have ever been so excited as I was then. I dont have any pictures. but now that im thinking about it im going to see if my mom does. the weirdest gift was from my grandmother. it was a jar of bowtie noodles and a card that said “BEST chicken noodle soup” I wasn’t sure if she was joking or not so I just smiled and said thank you. but looking back she may have been joking lol still not going to ask her. Merry Christmas everyone and good luck

Expression says it all…

1 Like

I once got some underwear for Christmas! I first thought it was pretty weird but they were really comfortable.

1 Like

I received some toilet paper and some of that spray Poo-Pourri for a Dirty Santa gift.

1 Like

So a couple of years ago for Christmas i received a bag and in my head I’m like okay this is going to a shirt or something like that. I opened the bag and there was batteries inside. 2 brand new packs of AA batteries.

My brother got me a used wool dress jacket one size to large. Probably was meant to be great and thoughtful but it still had hairs on it from the last owner.

Let me start off by saying Hello to everyone! I am a new member actually just created my account minutes ago. My good friend Shannon had won one of the recent giveaways (something to do with a claw machine lol) and had just gotten her prize from it pair of over the ears headphones they are bluetooth or can be plugged into your phone to listen to music. On the ear piece it has the buttons to skip songs, volume, answer calls…and best of all they are noise cancelation kind! And you can turn that option on and off. Soundcore Space NC Headphones! Basically im saying they are so awesome and asked where they came from and was told about this page and how its really an awesome page has tons of products and reviews on the products you can read to help your decision before buying, discounts to items and i browsed briefly some of the items on here and have now created the start to my must have christmas list! Lol! & unfortunately my friend didnt give me her headphones for an early xmas gift…hint hint for when you see this Shannon…but she told me join here and join in on some lf the giveaways so here i am lol!
So now to my most unforgettable Christmas gift I ever received…
My girlfriend is the one who gave me this gift when i was abput 21 or so it has been 35 or so years and still hadnt forgot so i consider it to be defintely unforgettable…we had been dating a little less than a year so our first christmas together. To give some back info first…I wasnt a big DIY type of guy yes I am pretty handy with fixing around the house things that needed fixing and can put things together that was needed (with little cussing) like putting furniture together or electronics things etc but never did nor showed interest in diy projects turning one item into a completely different use and all that.
So xmas morning im handed a box thats wrapped beautifully and the box is much heavier like 10lbs or more and about 3 feet long i open to my surprise to find a piece of wood…a blank slab of wood after looking confused a minute i hear her say You ard thinking of all the awesome things you can do with this arent you? So excited she was and i hated to hve to ask but i tried to rack my brain on what the hell she gave me this for and nothing…
So i hesitantly said its a nice piece of wood…sturdy…why? She said what? I said why did you decide to give me this thinking it was really something to lead into something else. She said its our first xmas and that is going to be our first xmas picture frame made by you with our first xmas photo in it and next a flash blinds me and the photo was horrible (thank god i never had a frame to put it in lol) this wood was not only a gift that i cant consider a gift honestly i doubt anyone wants a gift that they have to work to get the actu gift lol but it had marks and cracks on one side and the other side that wasnt bad had permanent marker writing all on it. The writing was measurements and random wording i think she stole it from the job site that was going on next to her job.
Needless to say she wanted me to get right to work instead i suggested other activities and later we had a bomb fire and to hurry and end this lets say the gift made for a great fire!!!

Congrats on last week winner and good luck to everyone who is entering

One year my family gave me what I thought was a box of Ferrero Rochers. I was so happy because I love them. My parents later that day told me they wanted one if I was willing to share. I reluctantly opened the little gold box to be faced with no candy at all and just a t shirt. Not only was there the shock of no candy but the disappointment cause you can’t eat a t shirt. I had to smile and play it off. Then I asked where the candy that had been in the box they used went and they said they simply ate it.

One Christmas I received a bubble wrap tie. It was actually a lot of fun until all the bubbles were popped. Now it’s a just a plastic wrap tie :frowning:

My first year with my then girlfriend (now wife) we picked new sunglasses together as my Christmas present, I opened her present with my parents and siblings watching who were all eager to see what she’d given me. I said I knew what the gift was, but she’d replaced the glasses with a pair of novelty glasses to trick me!

Probably not the worst, but not the best. Seasons Greetings!

Oh yes. I had a TRS-80 micro color computer before I graduated to the Commodore 64.

1 Like

Well out of the few gifts I received I think the one’s that weren’t all so great were a BIG baggy pair of pants that was no where near my size a family friend gifted me once. I received it when I was like 12 and I couldn’t even wear it without it falling off me. I’m not a fan of baggy pants either… So we just gave it to another family member who could fit in it. It was kinda awkward because the moment I opened the gift I knew this would not fit me lol. The family friend wasn’t very close and hasn’t seen my parents and me for a while so I think they just guessed and hoped for the best.

My brother and I got an Atari one year (I forget which model, though) and we had the infamously terrible “E.T” game.

1 Like

Hmmm, well I got a fake gift card to a “catch your own turkey dinner.” That was pretty unforgettable!

My grandma got me a lemon yellow jumper one year. I must have been around 9 or 10 years old. If you can picture the most hideous early 80’s nasty yellow…

Ughhh. Still gives me shivers today!

Definitely a bad one and memorable, for all the wrong reasons.

One of my Aunts used to alternate between giving pens and socks. The pens were always Parkers - not too bad but they always disappeared soon after taking them to school. The socks were excruciatingly bad. It’s hard enough to feign enjoyment over some socks, but one pair of really ugly lumpy socks are nearly impossible to get excited about!

I think I win the worst gift ever out if all the ones posted here. Materialistic things are just that, but getting evicted and losing ones place of stay takes the Cake and wins the worst gift ever.

With that said good luck everyone

1 Like

I once received fish net stocking

Last year was the first year they did a girl’s set.

I’ve known many girls over the years want to spray my lynx in the bathroom, when they’ve gone in to use the bog!