The Community Christmas Countdown | “Unforgettable” Gifts

:fearful: I feel like your telling me something, like my family will need this soon… Runs back to the gym

1 Like

Well…

So yes, the perfect Xmas presented would be a discount on a pre-paid funeral.

The strangest and most unforgettable gift I’ve received was a medieval themed toilet seat that looked like it belonged on a suit of armor. I’m not sure why the gifter thought that was a good choice…

1 Like

When I was 11 years old I got a 2 pack of toilet paper with a note that said “you’ll use it” and a coupon for buy one get one free small fries at McDonald’s from my grandmother. She got my brothers video games, gift cards and books.

I’d post a picture of the toilet paper but I did end up using it.

My mom decided after I was married that I liked nutcrackers, so she got me one. Then she decided I needed another for my collection. Now I’ve gotten one for almost 15 years.
But the worst gift was from my wife’s grandmother. She went through the depression, so she kept everything. Our first year of marriage I received a gift from her as well. It was a used 1970’s (this was 2000) biology text book. The note said “because you like science”. I was a Computer Science major in college at the time.

Congrats @Angelina_Cabrita enjoy your prize :thumbsup:

1 Like

Congrats @Angelina_Cabrita!

Probably my most unforgettable gift was when our family received our first computer. It was a “Tandy” (remember those?) and I spent hours playing games in a vivid 16-color palette and writing my own programs in BASIC. It helped make me the geek I am today! :joy:

3 Likes

I received an Ugly Sweater, not just any Ugly Sweater, this one was used WITH DRIED FOOD all over the front of it… YEP… Totally the worst one I ever received since my hands were touching that when I opened it.

Congrats to @Angelina_Cabrita !!

Basic is good!
When I was starting many years ago:
FORTAN, ALGOL60 and COBOL was state of the art!:grin:

1 Like

Boyfriend bought me a Lennox Nativity set. That was already a very strange gift because I don’t decorate for the holidays nor am I religious. But it was made far, far worse by watching his mother open the exact same gift from him a few minutes earlier.

Do not buy your significant other the same gift you’re getting your Mom/Dad and especially do not let them open presents together if you do. Unless you really are trying to become single again and just are too spineless to actually break up with your SO.

I have to say the strangest and most frustrating gift I ever received was s gym membership.

I was in college and had gained a little bit of weight so I had a family member buy me a gym membership. I appreciate the sentiment, but it was really embarrassing to open the present in front of the entire family and I assumed everyone was thinking, “hey look at fat boy getting a gift he actually needs! And don’t you dare get any dessert!”

:rofl::sweat_smile::grinning::pensive::tired_face::sob:

1 Like

When i was a kid my great grandma used to get me full on “granny panties”, made out of polyester and everything…Every Year!!!
Congrats @Angelina_Cabrita!!!
Merry Christmas to all :smiley:

prank fake poop

The usual unexciting packs of underwear/socks, nothing as memorably bad as those above. Can’t say I’m not a little disappointed in retrospect either…

Uhh, terrible presents/ odd one/ unforgettable, other than all the terrible sweaters my mom used to get me I never really had a terrible present. Odd, probably but let’s keep this PG-13 lol. Unforgetable…well I know as a child I received some presents that, at the time, seemed pretty amazing but… So maybe this comes from being a chef, but when I get a presentI enojy it don’t get me worng, but when I get someone else a present and they light up because it is exactly what they wanted or they just love it, that’s what make a memorable present for me. So an ex of mine, we were pretty serious, (i’m not going to say exactly what I gave her, that’s not my point), I gave her a gift on Christmas and her reaction and the feeling I got from being able to make her that happy was the best feeling in the world. P.S She got me Flyers tickets…grrrr the ones that get away! happy holidays all! This portion of the contest ends on my birthday so I hoping to see happy birthdays from you guys!(members not necessarily #Anker lol

Cat butt magnets

3 Likes

The worst gift?
A ticket straight into the friendzone!

1 Like

Weirdest gift I ever got was a garden gnome. I don’t even have a yard!

1 Like