The Community Christmas Countdown | “Unforgettable” Gifts

Hey, Anker fans!

Now that Christmas is almost here, many of us find our minds wandering back through time, to childhood memories of Christmases gone by. We recall the people, the memories, the treats, and of course, the presents.

However, it’s no secret that some gifts are more “memorable” than others. Have you ever gotten something that made you really have to call upon your acting skills to appear pleased and grateful? What about some gifts that are truly strange?

It’s an “unforgettable” experience to tear eagerly into the gifts under the tree, only to discover this…

Or this…

Or, worst of all, this:

I’m going to have nightmares tonight.

Your challenge for this stage of the event, should you choose to accept it: tell us the worst, weirdest, and just downright unforgettable gift you’ve ever received. It would be great if you could show us some pictures, too, so we can all appreciate the best memories of our well-meaning-yet-eccentric relatives together (I’m looking at you Uncle Steve).

One random winner will get a mystery box, the contents of which may not be quite so “unforgettable,” but will certainly not be a disappointment.

Share on, fans!

Rules:

1. Winner will be randomly selected from the comments.
  2. Valid for residents of the US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Italy, and Spain.
  3. Only entries made before 12:00 AM , PST on December, 17th will be eligible.
  4. Anker reserves the right of final explanation.

The winner of last week’s post, Christmas Traditions, is @Angelina_Cabrita. The prize is an Anker Premium 5-in-1 USB-C Hub. Congratulations!

10 Likes

The year I turned 21 was possibly the most memorable present ever. To fully appreciate this understand my birthday is the 26th.

So my mom and dad gave me a large wrapped boxed christmas morning. It sounded like bottles clanking together. Opened it up and it was a case of beer. At this point I was thinking “Best Christmas Ever”. Anyway, opened it up and they were all drank and refilled with sand… I was pretty heated until later that night when my old man gave me my birthday gift early, a full “unused” case of beer.

Was very memorable.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Congratulations @angelina_cabrita

3 Likes

My grandparents’ best friends used to send my brother & I a gift every year, and one year I remember getting a die cast, Ford Model T pencil sharpener. That was the year that taught me that it was the thought that counts. Then there was this year:

4 Likes

I think it was when I was 12? I don’t know, but I got my first computer. The same one I’m typing this on. (I’m 15)

2 Likes

I got a lawn mower from my neighbor that didn’t like my unmown lawn last year. It was funny.

2 Likes

Score, maybe you should stop washing your car :joy::joy:

1 Like

But don’t stop give kisses and hugs to your wife! :joy:

2 Likes

One year I had a really heavy gift under the tree from my sister. I had picked it up a few times and couldn’t figure out what it was, but it was a fairly big box and I had become pretty excited about it. I’m not sure what I thought it was, but I chose it as my one gift to open early on Christmas eve. I opened it with excitement and…

A gargoyle.

Now, it’s not that I didn’t like it, or wasn’t grateful. It IS kind of up my alley, but I think I had gotten myself worked into expecting something else. I was obviously disappointed, and my sister apologized when my excitement turned into disappointment, which made me feel even worse.

Anyway, I actually love this gargoyle today. I still have it twenty years later, which is more than I can say for many of the other gifts I received that year (or any other year). It’s on a shelf in my house that I see every day. It reminds me to be grateful and not develop expectations that could blind me to things I might really benefit from.

Ok, that’s funny.

2 Likes

When I was younger, my uncle would give me textbooks and workbooks to do over the break. He would then make my sister and i work in the books over christmas break :confused:

Thank you :slight_smile:

This has happened to me loads of times - too often in fact to count lol
But most recent was last year when my gf’s dad and partner bought me as part of my gifts some lynx shower gel and spray.

This is what I got …

:joy:

Wonder if they were secretly trying to tell me something. :thinking:

Needless to say my gf got an additional gift.

The strangest and worst gift I ever got was a letter from my Mom and Step Father… I was at the garage working on my car when they brought it to me. I didn’t think anything of it, but when I opened the letter I was taken back. It was not a gift I wish to have received as it turned out it was An Eviction Notice. So instead of getting money like I had hoped, I got a letter telling me I had to leave the house.

I was surprised because I paid half the rent and utilities along side with them, and I worked 40+ hours a week. But never the less they evicted me on the grounds I was never home. So that was the weirdest and strangest gift I ever got.

@Ankerofficial
You choosing these themes on purpose, knowing how bad things have been…lol

The worst ever :gift:?

I dont think I’ve had such a gift… I’ve had crap itchy jumpers, cheap soap-on-a-rope, cheap men sets, bit no such gift that I can hand on heart say… Was so bad.

See to me, if someone thinks about me, and gets me something, I think that’s pretty cool and (although) the gift maybe a.little shit, they thought about me, and still decided to get a gift.

As I remind my friends each year on christmas day, on FB …

It doesn’t matter the gift (you can take it back most times without their knowledge), but someone spent time, thinking about you, and spent money on you, It may not be the latest game box, or posh watch, or jewelry or channel perfume bottle, but they went out their way to get YOU something, the least you can do is be greatful :wink:

Congratulations @Angelina_Cabrita. You got a great prize :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As a kid my family always tried to surprise me every year with the Christmas presents.
However, the one person that always managed to surprise me was my grandma because she would always get me some funny and weird presents.
She would always give me funny looking clothes and shoes.

That year she gave me a pillow with my name on it and apparently I quite enjoyed it

Congrats @Angelina_Cabrita for your prize hope you enjoy it

A gift useful for anyone.