SURVEY: A Flashlight on Your Portable Charger?

If my large battery pack had a flashlight I don’t think I would use it. I normally keep my battery pack and phone together. I would just use the flash on the phone. Remember large battery packs are heavy. Add a flashlight would add weight that I don’t want to deal with.

If there was an Anker high light output flashlight with the option to charge a cellphone or tablet as a backup. I would be interested in that. What I really need is an oversized 300+meter beam length (i have a good one) with the option to charge my gear with. Our power goes out after bad storms and I need the option to walk the property in the dark and light up everything in my path or use as charger if my battery packs run out.

It’s not personally something I look for from a battery pack. But I can see why some people may find it a good addition, for example people that go camping / hiking etc it may be useful. Or for the more compact sized packs to have a courtesy style light more so than a high powered torch.

The more I think about this the more I want to see a flashlight implemented into a powerpack. The difference is, I think the pack should be rugged to an extent. Similar to the jump start pack you curently make, with its rugged design and built in light. Having a device that can do more than one thing is beneficial and crucial to those who are outdoors more often like those who camp, those who travel, and those who are always on the go.
Sure some people say they would never use it or they use their phone, but when push comes to shove and their battery is either dead or they need a brighter light they can just reach for their powerpack which most people always carry and light up their way.
If we had a powerpack that’s first design is a flashlight, and secondary purpose was to charge devices maybe more would acept it. Which I do like this idea, it would be more cumbersome for some people so having a device that is slim/flat with a high powered LED would be more beneficial. It can easily fit in a locket, glove box, or even a day pack without taking up much room and can be used as needed

1 Like

i think it would be cool, but i want to make sure it has that abiltiy to shine while a device is plugged in.
I would use that light because the light from my device takes a crazy amount of battery

But the jumptarter i have has a useful light and you shoud keep that feature on the anker one (which i dont own)

1 Like

Can someone remind me how to post a pic, as I have a surprise… Keep it clean!

huh? whatcha mean

It’s to the right of </>

I once bought a cheap little power stick and it came with this :arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up:

A little plug-in torch head, that went in the usb-a hole. You then used the button on the stick to turn on/off

Got it thanks… Bottom right corner for me.

1 Like

On mobile view it’s bottom right, desktop view it’s as @Helix mentioned

1 Like

First you need to answer the question whether you want a charger with flash light or a flash light with charger functionality. It will impact how the product will look like. IMHO, I probably would prefer the charger with a flash light and here are my requirements:

1. It should not be too bulky that it is not easily to carry around
  2. The shape should make it easy to use as a flash light so it should not be a big bulky rectangle that it is difficult to point the light at something for a period of time.
  3. The light should be bright enough. If it’s just a flash light as bright as the phone’s flash, don’t waste the time. People will just use their phone for it as they already carry it.
  4. A torch functionality would be nice (I mean the flashlight that just spreads the light everywhere - not directional)
  5. The switch should be easy to turn on and off but not too easy that it will be turned on by itself when it’s in a bag.
  6. Don’t make it look like this

I’ve had a portable charger with light but in all honesty I didn’t really get much use - maybe it’s because it was more an led light than a torch as such?!
I think my main likes in a portable charger besides charging quickly and efficiently, is lights to show how much charge it currently has which many of course do.
I can’t really think of anything else a portable charger is missing on those on sale these days. Maybe a retractable cable would be nice with multiple end connectors for different devices (lightning, micro etc).

Ridiculously overpriced, Im sure Anker has the resources to do that for WAAAY less :sunglasses:

Astro E4…a very old product…hahaha, anyway, thanks for your big support.:kissing_closed_eyes:
Besides, will consider about your advise. To have a multi-light option and add a ring.
Again, thanks!:kissing_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Haha, Astro E5, miss it, i also had one before.:grin:
But, now, i love the PowerCore 20100 for its big capacity. I can share my portable charger with my family when camping.:smirk:
I totally agree with you that the flashlight will go on by itself, have you pack it into the travel pouch? I think that may be helpful.
Finally, I got your points, thanks a lot.

1 Like

It’s very tired to work nightshift. I suggest you to do more exercise to keep a good body. This will be helpful. Because i personally think that may damage to people.:worried:
Go back to the topic, i think you may need a flashlight more than a portable charger, right?
Or if you need a 2-in-1 portable charger(flashlight and power), how much mAh do you want? 10K or 20K?

Oh my god, $200+? That’s toooo expensive!!:innocent:
I think you may need this. https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Tactical-Flashlight-Rechargeable-Water-Resistant/dp/B01KH2JP5G/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1514817173&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=Bolder+flashlight&psc=1
ANKER already made a flashlight that has portable charger.

Oh, got you, my friend!!:blush::blush::blush:

1 Like

So you need a flashlight that has a built-in portable charger. Right?

Haha, you need a flashlight that has a portable charger, a multi-functional flashlight. :grinning: