SURVEY: A Flashlight on Your Portable Charger?

haha, agree with you. A flashlight on a jump starter is necessary.:blush:

1 Like

That’s the idea. ^-^

Good find! This is exactly what I was trying to describe with my original comment. :smiley:

I get sleep, sometimes too much. But yes m goal is to get out and about and exercising more this year.

As for the light/battery, a 2 in 1 works for me. Something along the lines of a 20k, this way there is plenty of power for the light and to charge your phone or other devices

As much as I was against this, the ZeroHour XD is actually an amazing implementation! A torch (flashlight) with a built in Pwer Bank, rather than the other way round!!

My first proper battery pack was the Astro 3E, back in like 2012 / early 2013 I think, and it’s still going today. Does sometimes have its moments but it’s has way surpassed my expectations for its longevity.

Been dropped, kicked etc and has very little noticeable scratches. Just took these pics …

I use it as a prime example of how great Anker products are when talking to friends / family.

1 Like

I think 10k would do the LC 130 has a 6hr battery life already with 5k battery. A longer bolder lc130 with x2 26650 cells and usb out charge port under a rubber plug on the neck & 2amp charging instead of 1amp.

I prefer longer battery life, I like to limit how often I need to recharge

Well that would give it a 12hr battery life and port to charge devices in emergencies.

This is kind of a side step in the topic but I would rather have a wireless charger that does my phone and a flashing. The more modern high out put flashlights are amazing but find the 18650 style batteries hard to find and frankly scary at times from amazon retailers.

I would buy a light with wireless charging and came with a wireless charging pad. If the pad had a battery built in it and possible came with the cables to run to the wall sweet.

An all in one wireless charger with battery that can charge a light and my phone without need to buy a bulky charger would be sweet.

1. Do you think a flashlight is a missing feature that you would really appreciate having included on a portable charger? Why do you think it is needed?

I do not think a flashlight is a missing feature, it would be an added bonus, but I do not think many people’s decision to purchase a portable charger would be based on having a flashlight or not. Majority of smart phones are able to use the camera flash as a flashlight with a few simple taps on their phone. Also, small portable lights are very inexpensive today, I personally favor my Nite Ize TIP rechargeable led flashlight; it’s smaller than a car key, really light, and super bright.

On another note, I don’t think a flashlight on a portable charger is a good idea because it’s an additional function that can fail, which can frustrate customers and have the potential to have more warranty claims.

1. On which occasions would you use your portable charger’s flashlight? Why wouldn’t you just use your phone’s light instead?

1 occasion I would use a light on my portable charger is when attempting to plug it into a wall outlet and need additional lighting.

Another occasion would be when trying to find small items in my backpack or laptop bag and the the charger is the first thing within my reach.

The only reason why I would use a light on a portable charger as opposed to my cell phone would be that it was closer to me or if it was easier to use. I notice on my iPhone, I have swipe up from to get the menu then press the flashlight icon. The flashlight on my iPhone is not that bright so I rarely use it. If the light on the portable charger was brighter and easier to use (1 on/off button) I would probably use it if it was easily accessible.

I really dont see the need. A portable charger needs to do a good job of charging & needs to do that job as much as possible. Better to charge a phone or device & use that for flashlight if required.

I think having a flashlight on a power bank is only necessary if it is of semi higher quality than just an LED. I wouldn’t expect it to compete with a Streamlight Strion or Fenix flashlight for utility usage, but having the two devices integrated provides more options and utility for persons trying to use the device. We had a several day power outage a couple weeks ago, and I remember we used power banks and USB standard exclusively to power most of our devices around the house. The integrated lights were helpful to find odds and ends, or to light the way to the bathroom in the dark. I’d include it.

Just because the manufacturers state it’s a flashlight with a portable charger doesn’t make it so. It could simply be a portable charger with a flashlight built in. :joy:

3 Likes

I personally carry a flashlight with me everyday, and find the built in flashlights on these to be useless and if anything I feel like making the devices more complicated than needed. If a long press turns it on and it kills the battery, it becomes useless to me, furthermore the quality of flashlight I want wouldn’t fit well with a portable battery. I would say it is not needed. I have my phone and my actual flashlight I carry around. Keep it simple, clean and reliable as just a battery in my opinion.

The only reason I would say to put a charger would be in the case of a battery jumper. Those stay in the car, in a case typically and not carried in an every day scenario. If stuck on the side of the road, it would be nice to have a flashlight, and the added bulk in a device that big I wouldn’t mind.

good day,
I have a Powebank on the other side has an LED lamp!

I find this very convenient! I’ve used it often, especially when someone needs a lamp!

why I do not always use the lamp on my smartphone: I pass the lamp ever on and just when a lamp is needed, it is often in my situation indenen the lamp is placed somewhere where it is both impractical and not very great for the Smartphone is! a small round power bank - lamp puts man somewhere better! That smartphone is firing in the wrong direction!

I think a LED lamp would be very cool !!!

2 Likes

Thank you!!!:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Got you.! And agree with you.:grin:

uh…yeah, it’s really cool if there’s a torch on the portable charger!haha, by the way, i think you have a very good point. Because of that, a torch may be not a necessary. Let me read more. thanks a lot

Uh, i have a question. You want to have a flashlight or a portable charger?
If you have a flashlight on the portable charger and the portable charger is small capacity and you use that function(torch) a lot, then, the portable charger will soon be out of power.