SURVEY: A Flashlight on Your Portable Charger?

My first Anker product was an Astro battery pack with the LED flashlight feature. Unfortunately, I don’t have it anymore because it was stolen. I think this is a great idea. I would love a 6700mAh battery with a flashlight feature. Currently, I have the 6700mAH in my backpack for when I’m out and about. Also clipped to my backpack is a flashlight for times when we walk home late and need some light. So joining these two would be awesome. I think the 6700mAh size would be lightweight and very portable. It can be easily slipped in the pocket or backpack. Sometimes, I’ve had to use my iPhone’s flashlight feature when my clip light ran out of battery. It’s nice that the iPhone has it but I find it a bit cumbersome. It just makes total sense to have a flashlight feature on a battery pack. It’ll be like a mini Swiss army knife :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

@Nhi sure 67000mAh ? :sweat_smile:
The Power House have 120000mAh…

Oops, I meant 6700mAh. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: Talk about my body hurting after carrying around the PowerHouse :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

As an avid hiker and scout leader I would say that this wouldn’t be very useful. Both technologies are great tools but a working flashlight is critical for camping and I wouldn’t want to be choosing between the two. I carry an Anker charger everywhere and I want to know it will always be ready to perform it’s job of charging my devices, and I want the flash light to always do it’s job.

@AnkerTechnical When you go back in the Lab can you discuss making a rugged GPS device with emergency weather and alert features :slight_smile:

Regards,

JLD

3 Likes

Personally what I want is a rechargeable (from a PowerCore)) torch/flashlight. If I could charge something else from it then so be it. :smile_cat:

1 Like

It would be really nice to have a torch on the powercores as they have loads electricity, but not those faint Led please a good and bright Qree Led would be perfect for them! Although there is the heat dissipation issue, but I am sure you guys can solve it! :smiley:

2 Likes

I suggested a (lc90/bolder) or (lc130/bolder) 2cell with usb output a few months back. I would gladly pay the extra few bucks.

1 Like

I wouldtake this if they work around to using a different handle that is not exactly round. This way when using it or setting it down in an emergency it will not roll on you [quote=“Jesse_Hernandez1, post:27, topic:57656, full:true”]
I suggested a (lc90/bolder) or (lc130/bolder) 2cell with usb output a few months back. I would gladly pay the extra few bucks.
[/quote]

1 Like

Maybe something like this octagon shaped end cap Uploading…

1 Like

I think a flashlight is a missing feature that is needed because it will come in handy when your phone is dead or any other emergency situation.

I would use it when I don’t have access to my phone. I would use this over my phone’s flashlight because it saves on battery usage for your phone

1 Like

The main reason is portable chargers are carried virtually everywhere your phone is. If the phone dies, no flashlight, another reason is the flashlight on a phone is very wide angle and does not distribute the light in one area very well. A flashlight on a portable charger that’s significantly brighter than one found on most phones is a major plus in most peoples eyes.

2 Likes
  1. In my opinion, a flashlight isn’t really needed on a powerbank.
    I’ve gone skating at night and carry both a powerbank and a flashlight I like to use. easily have the powerbank in the backpack charging my phone (in my hand) when needed and carrying a flashlight in the other hand. Having a pb with a flashlight (if I had one for my situation) would be to much weight to have on the hand. While skating. Hiking too maybe.

2. n/a

3 Likes

After thinking on this some more, I now see another possible benefit of including a flashlight in the power bank itself.

Energy loss

Since you do not have to transfer energy to your phone and then use the flashlight on your phone (which Anker says is only 60-70% efficient), having a flashlight built-in to the power bank makes perfect since and would be better.

4 Likes

To answer both one and two I think a flashlight could be used and turn into a necessity if your phone is already dead and you need a flashlight. Charging you phone while being able to see in front of you sounds good doesn’t it?

1 Like

I was thinking about the problem of needing to be small for emergency and yet fitting all 4 functions of power in, power out, light, button.

You could make a USB-C variant which merges power and power out. USB-C is becoming common now even not USB-PD they tend to all accept 5V 2A 10W type.

You’d have to be clever with the button, to inform “Powerlight” when it is to active USB-C for output rather than input. On the Powercore USB-C currently it is press a button then plug in to use as output otherwise it acts as input. To do the same with also a button which does lights. Perhaps the button operates the light as normal (always on, strobe, off) and if you pressed it recently it activates USB-C for output, otherwise it uses it for input.

2 Likes

Anker. Make something like ZeroHour XD
This looks an amazing flashlight with 3x18650 cells. It has 2 usb outputs capable to provide 5V, 2.1A
I would buy one in heartbeat if it has 1 PD and 1 USB. That should satisfy most types of mobile devices.
look at the pictures of ZeroHour XD

8 Likes

Good find. How to make it smaller?

1 Like

Use 26650 cells like the LC130. @kumar.sachin

This is a cool idea, I would like to add that to prevent it from going off, you should need to press the button 3 times. The led should be at minimum 3 watts. If you could incorporate some kind of focus into it, that would be awesome. And finally, the battery bank should at least be 15,000mah, just to make sure it is overkill, just like all of ankers products.

1 Like

Simple, use a CREE led, the power would be overkill, but why not?