Star Contributors! | One Year Anniversary!

Yeah, it’s really fun and educational to read through old threads. The problem is they’re hard to find :grin:. I guess I could just go into someone’s thread history and go to there earliest ones :grin:

1 Like

its not hard at all to find threads you have not read…So you know that the forum is devided into brands and subcategories of the brands, so go to any particular one and then organize them by “unread” topics and keep doing the same for every subforum

Does it have all topics ever made? I figured when you did that it only showed topics from the past month or so. I will have to start finding them that way :grin:

Honestly I couldnt tell you anymore since I have been through and read all unread topics for me

1 Like

You have started a nice thread @Anjou1888 with lots of good thought into it. This actually an inspiration for future mods & contributors by looking up to the current ones we have on this forum.
They all are really doing very well in their roles, I appreciate their efforts and time spent to keep this community informative and well organized.
I do understand from time to time there will be discussions going off the road and our mods, especially @ndalby did very good job keeping it focused on the topic and Anker products but not to go personal.

I really enjoy staying active in this community, which I have never done before, and glad I did start with Anker.

A big shout out to the entire Anker team !

2 Likes

I remain of the view a separate ranking of contributor is anti community.

I see other members making good contribution like @gAnkster.

There are plenty of ways to recognize contribution.

But, this is Anker’s choice. They pay the AWS bill.

Oh and making a new thread, transparently to make points is also not nice.

4 Likes

What do you mean? You don’t think we should have star contributors? What do you suggest?

I suggest the more equal we are the more we become different. I am against the idea of star contributor. So my alternative idea is ditch it.

But this is Anker’s community so they can do what they want.

1 Like

What ways would you recommend? I don’t remember reading that in the original thread… I do remember you not liking the idea

Simply by itself

Say someone cooked me a nice meal, I tell them that. I don’t have to give them a “star cook” badge. Most humans feel the benefit of honestly delivered feedback and don’t need the apartiite of a label.

1 Like

It’s not just a label, they also get rewards… anker wants to give prizes to the most active and helpful members…

Haven’t got any complaints with Anker’s selection of contributors. :muscle:t2:

All done a great job and helped community grow.

1 Like

@Tank did you notice these questions :grin::wink:

Good topic @Anjou1888 :thumbsup:

Wow, has it been a year already :open_mouth: Congrats on the anniversary @joshuad11 @tank @tiagomota , hope your still rocking the contributors titles for a while to come :birthday: :tada:

Appreciate the shoutout @Ice1 :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Just wondering who will be next?
Do the current lot keep their titles?

It hasn’t been announced. Anker said that “hopefully the start contributors will keep there position for at least a year”

I think Anker did a great job in picking these peeps. They are perfect for the job. Thank you to each and every one of them for bring great information and order into the community. Thanks guys! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Congrats guys![quote=“Anjou1888, post:1, topic:68013”]
I would like to thank our star contributors @joshuad11 @Tank @tiagomota and our moderators @ndalby and @TechnicallyWell on behalf of the whole community, for putting so much time into making this place be a fun, educational place to be, and for being so helpful!
[/quote]

Nice shout out, keep on with the good work

2 Likes

Very well written post, @Anjou1888! At first I thought this was from one of the admins it was so good!

To answer your questions

1. I enjoy being a Star Contributor, and helping out the Community in any way possible.
  2. I think the biggest room for improvement is in our communication with the admin team. I believe better communication between us about topics we want to create would lead to even higher quality content. I will say that @AnkerOfficial has ambitious plans to improve the entire Community experience throughout this year, and you all should be excited!
  3. I actually haven’t claimed any of my rewards yet :sweat_smile:

Thanks for the kind words.

In the future, I hope “senior members” will receive similar benefits to star contributors, as it’s a more all-inclusive rewards method.

4 Likes

@joshuad11 you need to be sure to claim the prizes before they’re invalid :grin::sunglasses:.

I should also probably add my comment on this. If anker did that, it could begin to get expensive for them. Perhaps it could be “cheaper” version. Like just one top release. Or perhaps just the two “coupons”.

I think if they gave all senior members this full reward, we may see a lot of people get a lot more “active”. If you know what I mean :wink:

1 Like