Soundcore Survey | Take Part and Win

were you a lurker before November?

No I wasn’t. The giveaway was on anker.com.

I came to the community for a differant reason (can’t remember why). I’ve never been a lurker…

You can see in my profile that my community account was created in November. I actually didn’t get on the community until January, which is when I started being active. I literally don’t remember creating this account lol

So your point is rather mute then.

Yes, ankers drive for newbies is great, I’ve never argued that, not has any of my fellow members, what grinds, when someone who has NO ACTIVE part of the forum, comes along to a giveaway, and walks away, only to be seen again at the next giveaway.

It’s like … Working hard on a project, then some unknown member of staff to walk away with your bonus for working on the project.

Obvs it’s ankers right to allow such, but it still stings.

Not trying to start anything, but I’m genuinely wondering why it says you joined in September 2018

1 Like

Lol this really made me laugh :joy:

My bad. I thought all this took place in November. Musta been September lol

Guess you never thought checking lol :joy:

Hehe, I was in the middle of typing :joy:. Ain’t nobody got no time for that!

1 Like

Hope you haven’t forgotten your date of birth! :joy:

2 Likes

I wouldnt say they encourage it per se. To grow a forum you need to attract people, which is accomplished through giveaways and discounts and such. The difficulty is that forums for a specific brand is a challenge to maintain forum members who are casually looking for accesories. Hundreds join to win an item, only a few may stay that like people already here. Hence its a challenge to grow without giving anyone a chance to win. The only aspect that could help this forum maintain more members are throwing in a few “seasoned member” giveaways (think powerbucks with more items to win instead of 3 at a time). I think the beta testing could really boost this as well if expanded properly.

1 Like

A few of us have been saying this to Anker, but @AnkerTechnical seem more (and it’s how it appears) interested in gaining new members, trouble is, It could be detrimental to the forum if us oldies/seasoned members, are ignored for too long in favour of newness.

We have our hope built on “forum” giveaways, for it to be tossed aside for new members, or even members who don’t appear to be active … Anker they’ve had plenty chances previously to be regulars by prioritising them in the giveaways
… IT AINT WORKING! they don’t want to be full time members, when will you learn‽

1 Like

Thats part of it. Think beta tests are better though. For all we know they do this often enough, but NDA’s keep us from admitting it. Anker has always done well by me so I believe they do take care of us. Only a small portion seem to let this system get to them so I would say they are doing ok.

1 Like

I never get to beta test anything :worried:

2 Likes

It took a long time before I was chosen to beta test something from here. Others still haven’t since I been here so I assume it all depends on their needs and what you have showed them in prior reviews or tests

2 Likes

Me neither. I’ve been trying all the ‘We Love Testing’ event but haven’t been lucky so far :sob:

1 Like

We love testing events aren’t beta tests…

I’ve been chosen for several of the we love testing lol. Good luck on this one! You’ve been active enough to deserve a win :wink:.

1 Like

Lol I just realized I misread your post. I’d keep my fingers crossed :joy:

1 Like

Took long time to be selected for Beta test… also been selected for Testing events… Should say been fortunate and thankful to Anker Teams.

1 Like

You have been on a hot streak

1 Like

Beta Testing … Ha, it doesn’t seem to be UK or just me? A year n half of constant service :male_detective: