Soundcore Rave Mini - Best Portable Party Beast!

Soundcore Rave Mini - Best Portable Party Beast!!

I was always interested in Party speaker from Soundcore, so finally went for Soundcore Rave Mini. This is my review for it.

Whats in the Box:
Package had Rave Mini, DC Power Adapter for charging ( adapter outputs DC 5V, 2.4A)
and a Quick Start guide.

Rave Mini - The beast by itself:

The Speaker itself looks real good with metallic meshed front, nice fixed handle. The top of the Soundcore Rave Mini has the curved / fixed handle. Beneath the handle is the circular control center for Rave Mini for Power,Bass Up, Light Effects, Previous / Next Track, Volume Up / Down, Multi-function, Source Input, Bluetooth. The back-bottom portion has the flap for DC Power Input, USB Port & AUX IN Port.

Top Surface / Portion

Back View with the flap for cables / connection / power.

Connections with flap opened

Sides, one of the sides has firm polymerized grip to place Rave Mini Sidways!

I am interested in total-wireless options, so not tested the following (nor do I intend to test these) – Charge-out via the USB-A, Media play using USB drive or the Aux-in.

Rave Mini is a IPX7 Waterproof speaker, keeps the music playing, even after full submersion. I trust these words and keep to it, as I have not tested it / will not be testing this now, and hopefully during summer (if i get to go out from this pandemic :smiley: )

Charging:
Initial charging took about 3 hours, the speaker already had some charge in it. The charging is shown using the 4 Light LEDs for 100% charged.

Bluetooth pairing:
Bluetooth Pairing was pretty easy, to iPhone. I also paired Rave Mini to my Nebula Capsule projector. One great feature is when Rave Mini is turned on, Soundcore Rave Mini will automatically connect to the last connected device (Nebula capsule in my case, all the time) .

Soundcore App:
Soundcore App greatly compliments Rave Mini with games and control options such as Outdoor / Indoor Equalizer, Light effects (6 light modes - Party, Rainbox, Breathe, Mystery, Run, Colorful) and 3 party games - Spin the bottle, Truth/Dare or Categories. Battery life with lights was about 14hrs … used it with Bass-up mode, continuously with music and lights.

The equalizer has only 2 modes - Outdoor & Indoor - Outdoor mode has better bass and treble, Indoor makes it more sober!

SoundCore App Settings

Soundcore App - Game Mode -

Usage:
Soundcore Rave mini can be used Standing Up Right or Sideways - love this feature!

Rave%20Mini%20with%20Lights_Sideways

Mostly use it sideways for usage with Nebula Capsule, and use it maily (99.99%) of the time for watching movies with family on Nebula Capsule.

Soundcore Rave Mini and Nebula Capsule work like Bread and Peanut-butter jelly :wink:

May be, if I see another great deal go for one more Rave Mini, since it supports Stereo Pairing - that is pair one more Rave Mini for Stereo audio - Double the great audio sound!

BassUp technology adds great deal of bass to the audio and adds much more depth and impact for action movies, i keep this enabled all the time … got to watch Jumanji or Jurassic park series.

Rave Mini is actually the Trance except with the below difference -

• Shape Structure between Trance (Box shape) Vs Rave Mini (Rounded) corners & edges
  • Rotating Handle on Trance Vs Fixed Shape Handle on Rave Mini

I really prefer Rave Mini over the Trance because Rave Mini can be placed Standing upright or Sideways (has a side grip on ground / base), while Trance cannot with the rotating handle attached!!!

Scope for Improvement:
Couple of points that could see improvement - charging port needed to be USB-C instead of the DC Barrel socket, second - bottom speaker is fake, space filler mostly for the lights I believe or symmetry of the speaker or for the battery space - would have liked if it was a actual speaker.

It is overall an awesome speaker, and am happy with this beast…

If anyone is interested, Rave Mini is available at Walmart for$100 now.

17 Likes

Thanks for the review.

As you mention this complements your Capsule, do you think the lights on this add to or distract from the experience? The lights add “light pollution” to the ambient light in the room with the Capsule 100 ANSI Lumen?

It’s intended primarily for music, parties, etc, I suspect, given the lights.

2 Likes

Thank you @professor

Good point, I keep the lights off, don’t really use those, the one I had in the pic was just to show Rave Mini with Capsule, adds to distraction while watching movies!

I have used the lights may be 2-3 times when we had a party at home with some guests.

2 Likes

Looks like a lot of fun to have for parties and just rocking out.

2 Likes

I really like that speaker myself and I would like to get one eventually. Thanks for sharing your review!

2 Likes

Top notch review. I like how you compared it to your capsule and used the arrows to highlight the ports/input!
This is a review worth pinning :clap:

2 Likes

Thank you guys!

@Nhi yes, we used it for some parties, and it did great, my friends were very impressed with it! this is the one for anyone to have!!

@andrewGholden374 If you plan for any party speaker, this is the one for you (or the Trance - both are more or less same except for diff listed)

@ikari04warrior glad you liked the the usage with Nebula and representation!

3 Likes

Really that DC charging is not a solution for the 21 century.
(An extra charger is needed!)
Could be done MUCH better (USB-C)

You review is perfect, as usual.
Thank youl

1 Like

Nice one @Shenoy
I like the multi changing pictures :+1:t2:

1 Like

Agree but I can see the counter argument.

This needs 45W 15V 3A. The cost of an Anker Powerport with that is currently around $40. Chances are the bundled charger cost $5.

So making it USB-C would make it probably $35 more expensive.

The cost of a USB-C port in the Rave Mini is not that much and if they chose to they could do both, it charge from DC 15V 3A and from USB-PD and bundle the DC charger but you could elect to not use it and use a USB PD charger instead (e.g. a portable charger 26800 45W)

Need USB-PD to drop significantly in cost, comparable to the order of $5 per-port of USB-A 10W ports. It will happen eventually.

Now that I think of it, they could have added a Qi 7.5W pad on the top / side of it for about $3, putting Qi on most things now is approaching the “why not” cost.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this detailed review @Shenoy !! I love how you highlight the ports! :laughing:

1 Like

Thank you @paulstevenewing @Chiquinho @AnkerOfficial !

@paulstevenewing glad you liked it… planning to have a similar one in Standing mode !

@Chiquinho need to get the USB-C yaay ( or rather no cables at all :smiley: ) !

@AnkerOfficial Hope to see a complete Wireless Rave kind of speaker, really hate to see the wires… world free of wires!!

Adding to points from @professor – may be have the Top surface as a wireless charging for phones and the base of Rave a wireless charging capable portion… being charged using Anker Wireless Charging Mat!

1 Like

Solid review and very detailed :clap:

1 Like

Great review :clap: @Shenoy job well done :+1:

1 Like

But the wireless charger needs a cable! :joy:

1 Like

True! But i connect it once and forget, I don’t need to keep plugging it every time I need to charge :slight_smile:

1 Like

But you have to place it on that charger.
Same place! No more mobility. :wink:

1 Like

Solid review @Shenoy :+1: Shame they didn’t embrace USB-C for this…

3 Likes

Been looking into an Anker Speaker for a bit now! Thanks for taking the time to write a great review.

1 Like