Soundcore Motion+ wired stereo

Hi new to the forum and just ordered 2 soundcore motion+ speakers,
I was wondering if it’s possible to have them as stereo left right speakers using a wired connection,
Either using a 3.5mm splitter and directly plug in to both speakers or
Is it possible to plug in to one master speaker using the 3.5mm port and have the other speaker paired wirelessly to the first speaker, thanks for your help.

From whatever I read, it looks like a completely wireless thing. I’m not honestly sure if a splitter would work. But you definitely cannot have 2 motion+ paired and have the primary connected via AUX

1 Like

Oh well that’s a bummer I wasn’t holding much hope guess that confirms it, reason why I wanted to do this is majority of times I will be using it as desktop speakers and I have read when used in stereo over bluetooth there is audio lag compared to using only 1 at a time

No worries but you can still try things out when you do get it if you have a splitter at home

1 Like

You could try to use a splitter but I never tried that.
I suppose it should work the same way as it works with normal speakers
Something like that

splitter

Hmmm that splitter should work to carry sound to both speakers through the auxiliary ports but I don’t think it can split the sound in to left and right channels, so most likely both speakers will just pump out the same sound at the same time, a 3.5mm to RCA will do this but unfortunately the soundcore doesn’t have RCA inputs

Think I will just try the bluetooth pairing way and hope the delay lag is not too bad

That’s true, no stereo, I suppose.
Those old RCA are mostly in use with old stereo speakers.
Best connection for speakers are those one:

No plugs, no sockets!

1 Like

That’s true and something I didn’t even think about when suggesting you try it out :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It looks like this Y splitter will breakout the left and right channels:

https://www.amazon.com/Hosa-YMM-261-Stereo-Breakout-Cable/dp/B000068O5H/
Hosa YMM-261 3.5 mm TRS to Dual 3.5 mm TSF Stereo Breakout Cable

2 Likes

Oh yes, they say “Stereo” splitting.
He should give that try, because costs are low.

1 Like

you beauty, this looks the most promising so far, didn’t know such a splitter existed I was about to give up,
but just another question which I’m not clear of, so I will also need 2 x3.5mm male to male regular aux cable to plug in to the speakers auxiliary ports, but since those cables as well as the aux port on the speakers are both designed to carry and accept 2 channels I wonder how it will behave when only one channel is carried through and then going into that port, also with these speakers when not used as a pair are they just mono speakers when used individually? or are they also in stereo with the left tweeter and woofer taking the left channel and so on?
Either way thanks for the input much appreciate it.

Yes will definitely be buying them and give it a go, but I have a feeling this cable will arrive much faster than the speakers .

There is an AUX cable added (male, male, ca 53cm)
So you need not to buy one.

1 Like

Even better

Okay finally received my motion+ speakers a couple of days ago, so here are my experiences so far,
First up the 2 speakers came in separate packages and each one was also bundled with a 24w Anker charger which was a nice surprise, but when I opened it up they were both UK plugs,

Now it comes time to test the speakers out, this was all done on a 2018 Mac mini with bluetooth 5.0 running Catalina and I found 3 ways to connect these 2 speakers together as left and right channel for a true stereo set up, I got the speakers not just for music but watching movies YouTube etc as well so it’s important for it to be in sync with the voice on screen.
'1. Via Bluetooth to the first speaker which will be the left channel, the right speaker is not paired to the Mac but wirelessly to the left speaker, this setup is what is recommenced I guess , what’s great about this connection is the volume control, all 3 devices are in sync, you can use the volume plus or minus buttons on either the left or right speakers and it will control the other speaker as well, plus change the volume slider on the Mac screen , but unfortunately on the Mac the sound is unusable there are dropouts delays out of sync it can’t even be used for music only, but with a single speaker it’s perfectly fine no noticeable delays at all.

1. Bluetooth disconnected, 3.5mm aux cable to the left speaker with the right speaker wirelessly paired to the left, yes this is possible, after stereo pairing them once they auto connect to each other the next time they are switched on with or without bluetooth, this connection method was much better no dropouts at all, but with YouTube videos it is slightly out of sync that’s noticeable but surprisingly with Netflix it was much better and totally watchable, but the volume control is no longer in sync with the Mac, hitting max volume on the Mac the speakers are only at maybe 50 to 60 percent volume but you can push the volume plus button on any one of the speakers to get it louder, which is not perfect but I’m okay with it minor issue I can live with.

2. Now finally with a Hosa breakout cable, bluetooth disconnected, a separate 3.5mm cable plugged in to each of the speakers then in to the breakout cable red for right and black for left then in to the 3.5mm port on the back of the Mac, and yes it works, for distortion free perfectly synced sound this is the way to go,
    But unfortunately there is also a downside to this for none of the volume control is in sync, to make sure the left and right speakers are on the same volume I start by pressing and holding down the volume down buttons on both speakers for about 30 seconds or so to make sure they are both on the same lowest volume, then click say 15 times on one of the speakers and repeat on the other one so they reach the same level, and if I want to change volume again I need to remember how many clicks I’ve done on one and to do the same on the other one every time, so this can be a bit of a pain to set up.

2 Likes

Now after this I tried the speakers on a pico projector running android pie, using the 1st method with bluetooth to the left speaker, and to my surprise it worked almost perfectly YouTube Netflix internal storage content etc with no noticeable delays, but overall I’m very happy with the speakers it’s loud and clear.
Oh and I forgot to mention once the speakers are paired with each other switching off one speaker the other one turns off as well, very neat.

1 Like

Great, this Is what I have expected.

For me those stereo-mode makes more sense than the partycast-mode.

Enjoy your new “stereo”.

1 Like

By partycast mode you mean two speakers playing at the same time but not in stereo? If so I tried doing that as well and for music or a dance party I guess that can work well but for some reason I can not connect the 2 speakers by bluetooth at the same time even though both have been paired and will connect one at a time and work well, but when I try to connect the second speaker it will connect but disconnect after a few seconds, even though both my Mac and the motion plus are on Bluetooth 5.0 which should allow for this, it might be a Mac thing I’m not sure,
One other complaint I have and just discovered is Anker needs to update the app and have the option to disable auto power off, as I was just watching videos using method 3 for half an hour and both speakers powered off even though I wasn’t using bluetooth, so because it can’t detect any bluetooth activity it thinks it’s inactive and decided to turn off, having to turn both speakers back on again is not ideal

Yes, that’s the partycast feature.
All speakers are connecting, there is NO left and right channel.
The motion + doesn’t have that feature.

Sorry, I never use that app, because there is no need for me and LINUX doesn’t support applications.
And I haven’t used that speaker with MacOS.
As far I know there is no possibility to switch that “auto power off”
May be others have more significant information.

So how do you use the speaker with linux via Bluetooth or aux? I know there is no application for Mac OS or windows either, but if need be I’m sure I can run it on an emulator but that’s not something I have considered worthwhile