Soundcore life q20 keeps turning off

I purchased an Q20 and liked them very much. However, it would randomly turn off. Sometimes it would stay on for an hour and other times for just a few minutes. I liked them and so I got a replacement pair. When I got the new pair, they worked the first day when I used them for about 30 minutes. The second day, they worked for about an hour before they turned off like the first pair. After turning them on again, they worked for about 5 minutes before turning off. Any thoughts on what this might be?

2 Likes

Very odd @David_Welch1
The problem points to something other than the headphones.
Have you tried a different cable?
Also maybe try a different charger after that.
Doing the above may identify the problem as it sound like the headphones are only getting a partial charge.

2 Likes

I have had my soundcore life q20s since the summer (2020) and have exactly the same issue. I have noted that the issue seems to happen when i am on my work tablet. I have connected the earphones to my personal computer and seem to have no issues with them turning off, so it points to something in the connection between my work tablet and my earphones. The battery power is not an issue because the battert is high. Looking for a solution as well.

1 Like

Unfortunately I don’t have the Q20 but my advice would be to contact support

I have the exact same problem. Anker said must be a faulty unit and I returned and ordered another one. But the second unit does the same thing.

I wonder if its because I have paired the anker to more than one device, and that is causing an issue. But anker support said pairing to multiple devices should not be an issue and should not cause it to shut off.

Did you ever find a solution? I have multiple headphones and no other does this

1 Like

Pairing with two Android isn’t bad but if you pair with Android and another say Windows then they fight.

Pick one device and use only with one device.

Delete all pairings. Turn off all Bluetooth devices.

Reset the headphones.

Pair with just one device.

I have the same problem. When I got these I paired them to my android phone and they work fine, no problems. I then paired to my windows computer. They started to turn off immediately after announcing the battery status (high/fully charged). I disabled bluetooth on my phone and “forgot” the connection. I still had the issue. So I unpaired from my computer and back to my phone. They headphones work fine. They just aren’t compatible with my windows laptop. Would love to hear if there are any solutions. This is really disappointing.

Do not know if this will help as additional info may be needed but from the soundcore community, there are several people having issues with their pc. Several of the issue has been resolved by updating the Bluetooth driver. (Will have to also mention one or two person stated that they were able to get it to work when they did the generic BT driver.)

My headset turns off on its own (when connected to Android Phone via bluetooth)

It also turns on by itself suddenly.

Any idea how to solve this?

That combination implies the power button is stuck.

Search for safe cleaning techniques.

1 Like

Weird issue, get it exchanged

I received a set for Christmas and mine are turning off after 10 or so minutes by themselves. I have disconnected them from all devices except for the one I’m using. Seems to be an issue with both my PC and when connected to an iPhone so it’s clearly not a bluetooth driver issue but rather a SoundCore device issue.

Windows 10 doesn’t like sharing with anything else. Different profiles.

Hi Acin0m!

I just bought my Q20 and had the SAME issue with my window computer, and it was really frustrating.

What worked for me was:

Go to Device Manager on your computer -> Bluetooth -> for me it’s Realtek Bluetooth 4.2 adapter, it maybe something else for you but right click it -> go to Driver tab -> Update driver -> Browse my computer for drivers -> Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer -> Generic Bluetooth Driver and install it.

Before trying that, I disabled all bluetooth connections and restarted the headset (Conected to power, press Power and + volume buttom until the purple light turn on twice)

Hope that it works for all of you

2 Likes

I have the excact same issue. Has anyone come up with a solution?

I have tried to disable all Bluetooth connections to the device and restarted the headset, and made sure it is only connected to my laptop. However, that doesn’t work.
I have also tried to update my Bluetooth drivers. Both the generic Bluetooth driver and the soundcore drivers. However, there is no updates for the drivers. If I try to update the drivers by browsing the drivers locally, there is only one local file for the generic driver and soundcore drivers, respectively. If I update using these files nothing really changes and the problems keeps appearing.

Am I supposed to update the soundcore drivers by choosing the file belonging to the generic Bluetooth driver? Windows warns me doing this as they’re not compatible.

Are there really any “bt drivers” from soundcore for WIN?
I dont think so.

You can do updates for your earphones from their website.

You should find the manufacturer of your inbuilt bt card and install the driver from
the manufacturer instead of that default driver from WIN.
This often helped to solve the issue.

There are no such thing as Soundcore drivers, it is just your own hardware and Windows.

Try different ones, you can always roll back.

wow dude, thank you. i’m just looking to fix this and you helped me

1 Like

So frustrated with this issue. Anker shipped a second set of headphones out to address this issue and now I have TWO worthless headphones! I appreciate people trying to resolve this issue with their comments. I have tried ever recommendation, including attempting the generic bluetooth connection. The bottom line is something causes the headphones to SHUT OFF, they will still show connected and paired on my tablet PC, but they literally power off and have to be turned back on. Only paired to ONE DEVICE. Tablet PC Windows 10 (work device). Full battery. And here is the other thing, it is RANDOM and intermittent as to when it decides to shut off. Anker should figure this out, and quickly.

1 Like

If you think it’s important, it’s important that you think.

There is no evidence Anker comes here to read anything we write. They’ve never replied here with support for over 6 months.

So writing it here is not helping anyone. This place is a good place for peers, so owners who share products in common, to share tips and tricks, sometimes can get a fix faster from peers, but is not the place where we discover fixes, only where we find what fixes worked for others.

So come here with fixes, not complaints, then we’re all the better for it.

The most productive thing you can do now, as you have no fix, is email service@soundcore.com , which they do read, and search a thread and reply at community.soundcore.com - we do see support reply there is less futile than writing here.