Soundcore Frames discontinued

Why has this product been discontinued yet still been sold as a new product, and with misleading advertising seen as you can’t buy any of the accessories it states you can?

Tempting to start legal proceedings regards this, as since my purchase, Anker/Soundcore have been less than helpful.

What a shame, as normally I would consider Anker a relatively reliable and honest brand, but it seems they have drastically fallen short on this occasion.

I’m sure there will be some interesting replies, kr none at all…or like normal Anker will just scrub it.

Either way, the words getting out.

3 Likes

I don’t see how you’d get a legal challenge. It’s just the usual Anker issue of their various places of information are not maintained in sync with each other.

It’s sad they discontinued the product.

Across the whole Anker range it’s my most used product. I’ve worn them every day for over a year, dark lens in summer, clear lens in winter.

I walk and bike for hours every day and I’m always listening to something news or topical interest.

I use with some Soundcore X10 when raining or for evening and an Anker Powercore 10000 to last a couple of days for a really good all round solution for audio and power.

1 Like

Just as @professor, I am sad on the discontinueof the product. I was tempted to get another pair or two for family but not now.

As far as I know there was no defect that I heard about unlike the Strike series. I guess I have to chalk it was good while it will last just like I had with the Zune lol.

1 Like

I m got the Soundcore Frames as a present earlier this year. I was looking forward to the different styles but now I am stuck with the two I luckily got. Is there a place to get the frames like a clearance sale or something? I just want to get the promenade, Harbor, or tour.

1 Like

@AnkerOfficial

Plenty of us love the Soundcore Frames.

Can you please try to find out what’s happening with the product? Cancelled, or just a hiatus and a successor coming soon?

I use mine daily and warranty expiry approaches.

com-add-text%20(1)

1 Like

Same here, had Bose alto that suddenly stopped working, apparently a common fault with all the Bose glasses and hardly used. Customer service was a waste of time and they’re discontinued. Looking around I found the Soundcore, the reviews weren’t to bad and the choice of accessories were good in my opinion and bought them on that basis alone. Then I tried to buy the different frame accessories only to find out it was impossible. To say I was and I’m being polite here…PEEVED OFF is an understatement… if I had known I couldn’t buy the accessories I wouldn’t have bought the glasses in the first place……bought in March this year 2023

W as a late adopter of them but alway use on days out or long walks…hopefully it’s just a pause for a successor

1 Like

Was a late adopter of them but alway use on days out or long walks…hopefully it’s just a pause for a successor

As we’ve got a community manager again can we find out the facts here, is discontinued or just waiting for new batch, is there a planned successor.

If a successor is being considered, as someone who’s used it daily my top asks are:

• add IP rating so can walk in rain. Doesn’t need to be able to withstand submerged, just rain.
  • up the battery life a little. On a long day listening to things its 5 hours isn’t quite there.

I’m ok with the swappable fronts idea being dropped so long as there’s a price drop as I’d happily own two such “Frames II” one clear one dark for night / day, winter / summer.

My Frames are in my EDC so I’ll be gutted if/when my Frames fails now out of warranty.

If talking publicly isn’t acceptable then PM me to the side, and I’m ok with NDA (signed one for the X10 and kept quiet til announced).

1 Like

Had no idea they were discontinued, I was just searching for some different style frames but found out they are no more! Such a shame as I use them all the time. The great thing is you can have music on low and still near everything, and it looks a lot less rude than having earphones in.
Is there anywhere to still buy them?
Hoping they come back.

2 Likes

Hoping we’d get a reply here, but I’ve emailed Soundcore directly with the question. Hopefully a direct question gets a direct answer! I’ll paste anything useful here.

Support replied to my question

this item is discontinued, and we will not sell it anymore

Pity.

Question: why?