What's in your Every Day Carry (EDC)?

I’m always with some Anker. I walk, bike, and did a lot of flying internationally while working so I’m always connected.

I like to travel as light as possible but with reliable diverse equipment so I’m well capable of handling the unexpected.

The unexpected does happen, I’ve had flights cancelled and forced into a hotel overnight, I’ve had accidents and into A&E, but the most common worst case is I encounter others in need, of which the most common is they have a flat phone.

These are different sets of EDC I leave home with depending on the expected worst case.

I’m always with my Soundcore Frames. In winter / dark I’m with clear lens, otherwise dark lens. They take up no space and make listening and holding phone calls while ears clear and hands free. Excellent for walking and biking where your hearing is unimpaired.

For the “just popping out for a few hours” I’m carrying this

This is the Powercore II 6700 from 2017, it’s got 6700mah enough for one full phone recharge, I carry a USBA to USBC cable and a C to B converter. This covers the worst case of proves not a few hours but a long day, or more commonly I recharge someone else’s phone in greater need.

It’s a credit to Anker’s engineering that this unit is coming up to 6 years old and still working.

25%20AM

Sadly it’s no longer made, the nearest successor is smaller capacity and heavier. Shame. So when my unit dies I’ll probably not replace it. I wish Anker would not save a couple of pennies putting cheaper 2600mAh 18650 in when a 3400mAh adds a little more phone battery life.

For the “out for a long day” I’ll carry a lot more

This is the Anker 10000 PD which does concurrently 10W USBA and 18W USBC, 28W total.

Sadly discontinued.

The logical successor is actually lower Wattage when both ports used (weird).

The Anker Powerport Nano 20W is a thing of beauty - only 41g, makes effective use of the width of the UK power socket. I’d like to see Anker do more UK specific chargers making full use of the width hence less protruding shorter chargers, not just stick a UK plug on a USA design charger. Anker does make a folding dual port charger - a step in the right direction - we need more UK specific innovative designs.

Also the Soundcore Sport X10 - these are waterproof over-ear and I use for when I want to listen to something more privately than the Soundcore Frames or I want some ANC.

The Frames charging cable and my Fossil smartwatch charging cable, a USB-C to USB-C cable and a C to B adaptor.

I put then in a dry bag, even if it’s not raining you do sometimes get the on milk container leak. :skull_and_crossbones:

Overnight

If I’m overnight then I’ll switch to my Powercore 20000 PD and a dual port Anker wall charger. I place the Powercore in an Anker waterproof phone case (20000 just fits) with cable so if the big dry bag failed I can at least recharge phone from the 2nd layer of protection.

The dual port charger is 45W / 20W+27W and I’m usually with my tablet (18W) or laptop (45W) so can recharge two things at once.

Observe the (common) Anker design of a USA design with a UK non-folding plug attached. This means it’s far longer and wider than the US version. The above Nano shows what Anker could do of make a UK specific charger which makes full use of the width of the UK socket, and folding pins to make a wider shorter more pocketable charger.

Well that’s my most common EDC. I may do some variations like in winter if just with a coat I may swap out the bagged 10000 PD for the 10000 PD Slim as its more pocket-friendly, but these are pretty close to what I’m with on a daily basis based on the expected day(s) demands.

Whats yours?

1 Like

EDC???

I hate such abbreviations.
For those who dont know its not to understand.
Sorry!

We were talking about that.

BIDUIWNA
(Because I don’t understand I will not answer)

Every Day Carry

May be you and others know, some DO NOT!

Didn’t not show up the list.

Best would be to write a whole text using only such abbreviations.

1 Like

TBH YMMV.

LoL.

3 Likes

If one writes an international scientific article
using abbreviations without any explanation it will be totally ignored and trashed

1 Like