Soundcore Flare - Review

Review - Soundcore Flare

I had received a product from Anker which i had won in a competition so i decided to review it and share my thoughts!

Packaging:

As you can see the packaging is compact and solid. I also believe that the packaging is formal and smart. The contents in the box is a micro- usb cable, we have a user manual and then we have a Happy/Not Happy little paper which is quite handy.

Aesthetics of Flare

I think the flare is quite compact and looks smart. I like the feel of the fabric as it feels expensive. the flare has few buttons (For example) volume up/down, increase bass, change LED colour. The flare also hides a micro usb port and a aux port, a bluetooth button and an off/on button. when you power the flare on you get a startup noise and you get the lights turn on.

Using the sound core app you could change most of the functions (eg) customise music and lights. I like the option where you can change the colours and multicolour the LED lights i think thats quite cool and funky:)

When you pair the flare its pretty much simple… The first time you have to do it manually but after that when you press the bluetooth button it pretty much automatically connects next time which is less time consuming.

Charge time:

For me, when i had unboxed it, the flare had already had some power in it. i then let it charged and it took around 3-5 hours to charge it to 100%. i think thats pretty quick as you can get 12 hour playtime out of it.

Build Quality:

The build quality on the flare pretty good. it is strong and compact. The flare is also not that heavy to me and it has a rubber grip at the bottom of the flare so its holds to the ground firmly. The flare is also very portable as it has a 4400mah(12 hour playtime) battery so you can take it on the go. Furthermore, it is also full waterproof which is good and better compared to other speakers.

Sound quality:

For the price your paying its actually a bargain as the sound quality is brilliant to me. I think the sound is clear, crisp and good. I had played a football match connecting it to the speakers and the quality is outstanding. However, connecting 2 speakers would be even better!

The concept of the 360 degree sound is good because the sound goes everywhere. Moreover, you can change the type of sound you would like to hear by changing it via the smartphone app which you can control the type of music from there.

One problem is that i find their is a very small delay so your seeing the picture first then the sound by a small margin which is disappointing as when i was watching football it was slightly delayed; however, the sound does make up for it.

Conclusion:

Overall, i believe that the speaker is one of the best portable speaker I’ve tested. the price is a bargain.

Getting 360 degree sound, water proofing, extreme bass, customisation, 12 hour playtime. i couldn’t ask for more and i believe this product is value for money.

I would rate this product a 9.8/10 as as i said everything is amazing; however, the very small delay is sometimes annoying for me but i think the sound makes up for it.

I hope you enjoyed my review. Thanks for watching!

11 Likes

Good job you made. :wink:

The next project for you should be a test and and a review of the ZERO.
I am still playing around with both.
ZERO at home steady use, FLARE as “take away” e.g. travelling…

1 Like

yeh i like the model zero speaker. i like the way it looks :thumbsup: the flare has good portability because of its battery and the sound quality is brilliant;)

1 Like

Not only the look; THE SOUND! :grin:

1 Like

Great in-depth @Muhammad_02! Loved the photos as well. :ok_hand:t2::clap:t2:

1 Like

thanks @Macgyver15

1 Like

Great review, cool pics.

@Muhammad_02 any chance you can post a picture of the charge port cover closed? I want to see if it’s the redesigned version, the early o getnes didn’t have a way to really open them so it was a struggle if you didn’t have nails or something to pop it open

3 Likes

Thanks mate @elmo41683 ;

Is this what you wanted?:

1 Like

Thank, and yes it looks like they did redesign the tab. If you look at my picture you can see the slight indentation is at the top of the tab just below the power button. Where as yours has two notches in either side to make it easier to open

2 Likes

Great job @Muhammad_02. Very well written review. :thumbsup:

1 Like

@fhassm Need to review it :wink:

1 Like

Great review. Keep them coming :thumbsup:

1 Like

Well done with the review. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great review! Good job! :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Nice review. I also won the flare in a contest. I love it! It feels like such a quality speaker. I like the little bit of weight, I just makes it have a great feel to hold. I agree the fabric makes it feel expensive. In addition the the sound quality, I LOVE the aesthetics of this speaker. That’s one of the things anker has mastered. All anker products are simply beautiful.

1 Like

Don’t forget it’s ipx rating… And it floats

1 Like

I haven’t had a chance to test that yet bacause i won it in November and received it in December. This summer it’s coming though! :grin:

Kudos for throwing it in the pool lol. No matter how waterproof my speaker is, I would be very hesitant haha

2 Likes

Thanks for the review, looks like a must have

1 Like

I received it a few days ago…:wink: