Q&A Session with PMs on the SOLIX C1000

With the launch of the Anker SOLIX C1000 on Monday, we thought it would be smart to offer a question-and-answer opportunity in a Live Chat event on Facebook, and then post a recap here.

The Anker SOLIX C1000 is the most accessible home power system yet with 1056WH. It’s capable of powering 99% of appliances., including CPAP machines, routers, and mini-fridges, thanks to 2400W AC.

That’s a quick rundown of the product. Here are the questions posed by members of the Anker SOLIX Users Group tonight.

So about the charging cycles. Does the 3,000 charging cycles mean 0-100% power? Would a 50% charge to 100 be considered a cycle or half cycle?
The 3,000 charging cycles means 0-100% power charge then 100-0% discharge. A 50% charge and discharge generally means a cycle or half cycle.

What happens to the C1000 after 3,000 charge cycles?
The maximum battery capacity may drop under 80% after using it for 3,000 cycles. But that depends on how you’re using the unit. Frequently charging and discharging with maximum power and depth of discharge may also affect the lifespan.

How does the UPS functionality work?
Connect your C1000 to a wall outlet with AC charging cable, press the AC outlet button and connect your devices via the AC output ports. The power from the grid will pass through to the device. If the grid power is off, C1000 will start its power supply within 20ms.

Does it have auto shut off if the unit becomes overheated?
Yes. If the unit is overheated, it will shut off automatically.

What are the normal threshold operating temperatures that is can work in?
Generally, the working temperature to discharge is -4°F - 104°F / -20°C - 40°C. Charging temperature is 32°F - 104°F / 0°C - 40°C.

Follow up, so is this essentially pass-through tech? If so I was under the impression Anker stated that they did not use this because it increased battery degradation.
No, Anker does not use pass-through technology out of concern for the battery’s longevity. Read more here.

What’s the weight of the unit?
About 28 pounds.

Since we have a camper, and we do off-grid camping, would the unit be able to charge deep cycle batteries if they got really low?
We suggest not fully depleting the power every time you use it. Even with 1~2% power left on the C1000, you can still charge it after a month without affecting the battery’s lifespan. In other words, do your best to not bring the C1000 to complete shutdown (0%).

Regarding the surge pad function, if you need 2400 watts, only use that one AC outlet?
Surge pad function is related to electric current (amp). The AC outlet with surge-pad is a 20A socket which is higher than the other ports. So you count the total power required for the resistive loads and connect the highest one to that AC outlet.

How does the surge pad 2400 count towards the normal max with the other outlets?
The surge pad can be used with other DC output ports. But be aware that the surge-pad can only power resistive load devices.

What are “power resistive load devices”?
Basically, all the heating appliances are resistive loads. Such as a heater, kettle or electrical stove.

Can a solar panel be continuously plugged in, overnight, and resume charging as the sun comes up?
Yes, solar charging will resume with the sunrise.

Does choosing the ultra-fast charging option affect battery life long term?
If you use ultra-fast charge every time you charge the battery, it will affect the battery’s lifespan. The default charging speed is most balanced for long-term use, and so that’s what’s recommended.

Can you use other brands’ solar panels or just Anker’s?
Yes, you can use other brands’ solar panels. Just make sure the open-circuit voltage is not higher than 60V. If you’re looking for Anker solar panels, the 100w, 200w, and 400w panels are all compatible with the SOLIX C1000. The unit can also accept up to 600w solar power!

Are the internal batteries replaceable?
You cannot replace the internal battery pack on your own; it can only be done in the service center.

Is the reset button by the power input a whole device reset or just an input fuse reset?
It will reset everything once you press that reset button, not just the input.

How long does it take for UPS to kick in?
Just 20 milliseconds.

How many extra (expansion) batteries can you hook up to this unit?
One. When you do, it doubles the power at about 80% of the cost of the original unit.

If you’re interested in buying the Anker SOLIX C1000, we have a special offer for you when it goes on sale Monday. Sign up for the Early Bird coupon and save $250 off the $999 retail price. Click to sign up for the coupon, and it will be emailed to you. Plus, you’re automatically entered to win prizes from our sister brands.

2 Likes

Is it possible to daisy chain 2 x solid C1000 together?

Short answer: No. But you can buy an expansion battery that stacks on top and doubles capacity at less cost.

The batteries work in such a way that the expansion battery depletes first, so you can detach it and lighten your load.

3 Likes

My thought process was that it would offer additional outlets, and if the main device fails I would have a backup, but thank you for your answer.

1 Like

I just received a pair of C1000’s and one 200W solar panel. The C1000’s are working great so far but the solar panel seems undersized for charging one of the units. I would like to get more charge faster. In addition to this, I would like to have panels that I can leave outside. The portable panels are great, but I do not think that it is something that should be left outside all day.

I am considering building a 600W solar array in my back yard to charge the C1000. I am considering three 200W panels (12V, 11.12 A each) connected in series. The Open Circuit Voltage Voc is 22.5±3% V and the Short Circuit Current Isc is 12.21±3% A. Will this work?

Hi everyone, is it possible to set a max charge and max discharge percentage. I know some competitors offer this in their app. Would love to see this functionality added in an update perhaps.
Love this unit none the less. Thank you

So the “max” input on the C1000 is 600W. That said, if you stay within the voltage limits of 11-60v, you can use larger panels. You just won’t see the benefits of a larger panel, larger solar array.

It is often handier, more efficient, to have one or a pair of larger watt panels even if your device can only use 300W. Here’s why: You don’t want a bunch of smaller panels and you have multiple units.

I have the F2000 and a 100-watt panel. I cheaped out. I wish I’d bought a pair of 200w panels or even one 400w panel because then I could charge all of my devices, albeit not simultaneously. I’d have fewer panels to manage though and there’s a benefit for me in that even if I’m “wasting” a 100w.

Anker doesn’t make rigid outdoor panels, but plenty of manufacturers do, so you shouldn’t have any problem finding a solution that works for you!

Edit in bold: Factual error corrected

Sorry, I don’t believe Anker SOLIX currently offers that in the app. I will advocate internally for it though – it’s a handy way to have more control over the unit/setup.

That’s a fair rationale! The thing I love about sogen there really is no one best way. It depends on YOUR need so we are constantly designing product to strike that balance of generic and specific uses.

Edit soggy to sogen

Sorry the specs say 600 max solar input but you mention 300?? I don’t understand

The apology is mine to make! You’re correct. It is a max of 600W.

We just launched the C800 Plus today and so I’m hyper focused on its specs.

Sorry about that!

Phew thanks

I ended up going with two, 200W panels. The open circuit voltage of three panels is 66W, which is over the voltage limit. I know that hitting that 66W is unlikely, but is not worth the risk.

One thing I just noticed today. I want to charge my C1000 off of the AC Power outlet in my truck bed for when I go camping. The outlet is rated at 400 watts. I have the power station set to charge at 200 watts so it wouldn’t pop a fuse on the truck but it will not charge. The C1000 just clicks, then resets and clicks again. It will charge off of the 12 volt from the car charger inside just fine at 100watts but not the AC Power in the truck bed or inside the cab.

Am I doing something wrong?