Powercore II vs powercore speed?

Hey everyone,
I would like to purchase a portable charger but i just have a few questions regarding the different versions that are available

1st question: what is the difference between poweriq to qualcomm quick charge 3.0

2nd question: Which has a faster charging speed/which is better? powercore II slim or powercore speed?

Picture of products:
https://gyazo.com/90b056bb8417604a8a29085aa2dfe9f6
out of the 4 listed, which is the best?

Im just trying to get the best 10,000 maH product

Thanks in advance

2 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to ask this question on the Anker Community! Anker’s product lineups can get quite confusing, but I’ll try to clear things up for you.

First, PowerIQ is Anker’s charging technology that detects your device and then delivers the fastest possible charge.

Some Anker power banks also come with Qualcomm Quick Charge. This charges compatible devices faster. Depending on what you are looking to charge, you may or may not want this (ex. iPhones don’t benefit from it). What device(s) do you plan on charging most?

Next, PowerCore II should charge at the same rate as PowerCore Speed. Anker has simply figured out how to incorporate Qualcomm Quick Charge rates without actually getting it certified.

Out of the four products, the PowerCore II Slim 10000 would be my number one recommendation, but if I could recommend one you didn’t list, it would be this one:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072MH1434/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_5C.ZzbHSVNS4N

In fact, I reviewed that guy’s larger brother, with 20000 mAh instead of 10000. Otherwise they’re next to identical. You can check it out here:

To be completely honest, though, if I didn’t desperately need a power bank right now, I’d wait just a few more months until the PowerCore+ II comes out. It will likely be the most advanced Anker 10000 charger ever and feature USB-C!

If you have any more questions, please ask away!

3 Likes

Hi Joshua, i have an iphone 5s
what do you recommend? thanks again

Anker PowerCore II 10000, Ultra-Compact 10000mAh Portable Charger, Upgraded PowerIQ 2.0 (up to 18W Output), Fast Charge for iPhone, Samsung Galaxy and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072MH1434/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_3We0zb5663NQT

1 Like

what is the difference between that one and
https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-iPhone-Samsung-Galaxy/dp/B01NBQX0O5?ref=ast_p_ep
thanks

It is lighter, has an updated design with much better materials, the LED power wheel is twice as precise and personally I like the wheel shape better. It is also cheaper!

the difference from powercore II and powercore+ is the input current
Even before I did not understand well. They are identical for charging iphone / android phones

recharging the Unit/powerbank powercore+ is (input) 2.0 A
recharging the Unit powercore II is (input) Quickcharge 3.0

Your information is incorrect. It’s not lighter, it’s heavier. 180g vs 210g.

Thanks. Sorry the Amazon listings seem to be rarely right.

Hi Joshua, any specific reason that you recommend the PowerCore II over the PowerCore II Slim?

Also, is there any indication that the PowerCore+ II should be coming out any day now, or is it still a few months off? I wish it was here now as my last charger (not an Anker) just died…

Personal preference. LED wheel indicator (8 vs 4), I like the materials a little better. As for the shape, it’s completely up to you.

They’re exactly identical from a power perspective. You can’t go wrong with either. Also typically the non slim is cheaper though right now the slim is on sale.

As far as PowerCore+ II, it’s depressing. Might be coming out soon, might not. Personally I haven’t heard anymore news and you can’t seem to get anything out of Anker due to “marketing strategies of keeping secrets”

If you want my best guess I would say within a few months. Maybe, just maybe @AnkerOfficial can share some insight as I know a lot of people are basing their purchase decisions upon it. Sorry I can’t be of more help.

1 Like

Hi Joshu,

Doesn’t the Power core speed have a greater output voltage than the Power Core II, 24w to 18w? Would that not make it quicker at charging devices?

Thanks

I think the higher voltage is (in theory) also better for the efficiency, due to less losses in the wire/cable. And that’s a quite important thing when using a powerbank.