PowerCore 10000 PD and Wall charger compatibility

Hi,

I recently purchased PowerCore 10000 PD and wall charger from the following links…

Anker PowerCore 10000 PD, 10000mAh Portable Charger USB-C Power Delivery (18W) Power Bank:

https://www.amazon.ca/Anker-PowerCore-10000mAh-Portable-Delivery/dp/B07HBTY3Z2

…and… Wall Charger USB C, Anker 30W 2 Port Compact Type C Charger with 18W Power Delivery and 12W PowerIQ, PowerPort PD 2:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07GWQ2GJC

I have to say I am super happy. I am using supplied USB-C to USB-C cable to charge my PowerCore 10000 PD with that wall charger. In just few hours, my PowerCore 10000 PD is fully charged. I can see blue LEDs gradually blinking (more LEDs blink as the battery is charged more). At the end, all LEDs are fully lit, and after few minutes they all turn off. As per manual, that’s exactly how it should happen when charging is done.

So, as you all can see, no problems at all. I use my PowerCore 10000 PD with Fujifilm X-T3, and I am super happy with how it performs. I am on my second day of using it, and it looks like this battery pack will never run out, lol.

Why am I writing this? Because I was constantly in touch with three different people from Anker customer support. Even before I placed my order on Amazon.ca, I wanted to make sure I am buying the correct items. I knew I want PowerCore 10000 PD, that was not a question… but my question was regarding which Wall Charger should I get for this specific battery pack. I also sent them exactly the same link for the wall charger (as the one above), and one of the customer service representatives, replied it should work perfectly, just to be sure to use PD (Power Delivery) port when charging, which I’d do anyway.

Today, another customer support representative (different one) sent me an email, telling me this:

"Thank you so much for your support. I will look forward to seeing them soon on Amazon. Also, I noticed that you ordered the Anker PowerPort PD 2 wall charger along with the PowerCore 10000 PD. May I know if it charges your PowerCore 10000 PD properly? I’m very sorry to tell you that there is an incompatibility issue between the PowerCore 10000 PD and the Anker PowerPort PD 2 as per our testing result. The PowerCore 10000 PD may not be able to be charged by the PowerPort PD 2 properly. But the PowerCore 10000 PD can be charged properly by other Anker PD wall chargers such as the similar one PowerPort Speed+Duo charger (https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07H54MKQY). Since your order is within the 30 days return window from Amazon, I recommend you return the PowerPort PD 2 to Amazon for a full refund and order the PowerPort Speed+Duo instead. Sorry for the inconvenience caused and thanks again for your support. Best Regards

I told them it looks like it’s working just fine, so I am quite puzzled as to what to do now. The other wall charger she recommended and linked in her email, is quite more expensive and I see it says 30W. The one I have has two ports, one is USB-C PD 18W, and another one is IQ standard USB, 12W. Combined they are 30W. Isn’t supplied 18W enough for my PowerCore 10000 PD which also has that 18W specified under its name on Amazon.ca?

I just don’t want to go through returning to Amazon process if there is no need for that. Can this wall charger damage my PowerCore 10000 PD in any way? I don’t believe so, but I thought I should better ask.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Kind Regards,
DF

1 Like

There was an issue with previous production batches of PowerCore 10000 PD that caused it to be incompatible with certain wall chargers, but they have since resolved that issue with the newer batches, so you have nothing to worry about! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So the issue was with the power bank? For example the old chargers would charge a new PD 10000 at full speed?

I believe so, yes.

1 Like

@joshuad11 - Thank you a million! I know I wouldn’t have to pay to ship it back to Amazon, but I was so hoping I don’t have to do it. I am so happy with this combination, I can’t even begin to explain. It just works amazing!

So, just to understand this little better… is it OK that this charger delivers 18W and not 30W as the one they recommended at customer service? What is the difference power delivery / charge wise?

Thank you once again, you already helped tremendously!

Cheers!

1 Like

[quote=“Yes_Can, post:5, topic:69022”]
What is the difference
[/quote]Because the max input for PowerCore 10000 PD is 18W, there is no difference in charging speed between an 18W charger and a 30W charger. Some of Anker’s more advanced portable chargers will benefit from a 30W charger, such as PowerCore+ 19000 PD, but that doesn’t mean an 18W one won’t work.

Hope this helps.

Also, feel free to stick around on the Community. There are lots of great people interested in tech and even some giveaways!

1 Like

@joshuad11 - Thank you once again! Super helpful reply! I appreciate it so much.

Sure, I’ll be around. My eye already caught few very interesting posts, I am sure there is tons more to explore :slight_smile:
Best Regards!

1 Like