Now EufyCam not recording video and no push notification

I contacted the eufy customer support via e-mail and they told me there was an issue with Google and that the issue is resolved. It’s working like normal now. Thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks for the update and glad it’s working for you. Enjoy the new eufycam,

I am currently experiencing the same problems and all of a sudden not receiving notifications.
Movement is still being recorded, however as of today the push notifications have completely stopped (still recording etc). Nothing had been changed in my phone or Eufy settings.
I updated the Eufy app hoping that would help but it hasn’t.
I restarted Home base and still no luck.
Very disappointed!

I also have had the same problem just the last couple of days where all my camera and sensors was not pushing notifications.
My problem was solved by uninstalling the app and reinstalling it again.

I hope this helps others.

1 Like

Same issue here - I stopped getting push notifications and no videos were recorded. This behavior started yesterday. I can confirm that uninstalling the app and reinstalling again has resolved this for me. All cameras back to normal!

1 Like

Yes, it is happening to me, I’ve had this set up for two weeks and wasted so much precious time, it is so unreliable, I’m am no longer getting any video, notifications any more. Wish I had got anker

Uninstalling and reinstalling the app did solve the problem!

Same thing with mine, change from home or disarmed to away and notifications stop working and no recording either, should have bought Arlo

Customer service promised to get back to me over 2 weeks ago still nothing from them (Daisy) ! Dont buy Eufy before checking out Arlo or Ring

I had the same issue, where one out of the three cameras installed was not pushing notifications or recording. I was able to fix it by doing the following:

1. Delete the camera
  2. Unplugged the base from internet and power
  3. Waited about 5 mins and then plugged the base back in.
  4. Once back online, re-add the camera.

@Idre don’t come here to suggest going with other brands especially if the others you need a subscription to keep the cameras working! Now with your issues how did you get ahold of eufy support?! On the app if so send an email it gets answered a lot faster eufy support@eufylife.com they have always taken care of me with ANY issue I may have… be safe and remember these are the little things in life, we all have a bigger problem to deal with. :v:t2:

PS I hope you get the dirty rats :wink:

The same issues with mine. not happy:(

Same issues!!! I just bought the system 2 weeks ago. Worked good the first 3 days, now it only works sometimes. Doesn’t record, or if it does, it freezes.

I’m still getting the freezing issue from time to time. I logged a ticket with support last week and they informed me that they were ‘optimizing the app’ and asked if I could wait 5-7 days for a potential fix in a firmware update.

What’s frustrating me is how unpredictable the nature of the sensors kicking in and recording are.

One of our cameras is positioned in our carport which of course picks up road activity. Some days it will pick up a days worth of people walking past, even cycling. And others it doesn’t pick up anything.

Today a guy walked into our carport, stood right in front of the camera and it only started to record when he was feet from the camera. It’s mind boggling how hit and miss the system can be.

I realized same issue today, I lost few days video. No notifications and can’t delete video… I finally solve my problem.
The issue was I paused traffic to a device named “Oceanwing” (From Google WiFi) which I wasn’t sure about it’s activity few days ago.
This may not the solution for your issue but it could give you some hints on troubleshooting your networking. Especially for “Smart” routers.

I might have found solution for this problem. I’ve same problem = camera stopped recording when motion occurred. I’m using two cameras, both are 2C. The problem started after I changed mode in Security -section from Disarmed to Home. After doing this I noticed that one of my two cameras stopped recording. So I thought that the problem is not in the homebase, because the other camera works ok. So I didn’t rebooted the homebase.

Troubleshoot which I found working for me:
Security --> Open settings for Home or Away (which you prefer to use) --> Uncheck the “Record video” box --> Save --> Open settings for Home or Away again --> Check the “Record video” box --> Save.

I think that software has a bug when changing the mode from Disarmed to Home or Away. Sometimes that changing doesn’t active the recording even though the “record video” box is checked. So fixing the problem you have to manually “active/refresh the recording”. Hope this helps you guys.

SD Card formatting is fixing this issue! #Always

I am having the same problem, on and off no notifications or recording. All settings in phone and app have been verified. The problem started when we added a 3rd camera.

No notifications or recording for 1 week and then suddenly it worked for a day and then now it stopped again. Very frustrating and if it cannot record on detecting motion, then it is basically a paper weight. 3 of them too.

I have tried many of the things mentioned here. Will try and return the 3rd camera back to Amazon. The other two was bought earlier.

Thanks soooooo much! This worked for me! I rebooted the home base (hard reboot by removing the power cable) and then when it finished booting back up I disarmed the system, rebooted my PHONE, then re-armed the system, and voila, notifications are working again!

In my case the motion detection, doorbell, and recordings were working fine but I had suddenly stopped getting any icon badges or push notifications. SInce I have a hearing disorder, I rely VERY HEAVILY on text notifications.
Plus, lack of IFTTT integration makes it really hard for me to set up visual cues. These products are not particularly hearing-disabled-friendly. There should be, at the very least, a flashing light bulb option for the Eufy security system.

Notifications are fixed now! :slight_smile:

well, not quite, SD formatting didn’t fix the issue of one out of four cams not sending video anymore after being recharged, wifi signal is good, sound comes in all right.

What I have done so far:

1. Rebooted the homebase 5 or 6 times
  2. Turned off the camera (5 presses on sync button) en turned it on again. 10 times
  3. Removed the camera from homebase en added it again (no problem) many times
  4. Moved the camera directly towards the homebase same problem, system says to move away from homebase…
  5. reformatted the sd card, no change, rechecked all settings that worked so far, three more cams are working without issues…
  6. deleted app from iPhone, powered of the home base, deleted cam, reinstalled everything:
    same result, sound comes in, 3 cams work perfectly, one doesn’t