Now EufyCam not recording video and no push notification

Yes. Thats why it’s strange that it’s suddenly stopped. I just tested it again. Camera’s are recording but no notification. See attachment with the Security Mode settings.

@Michiel did you resolve the problem with missing notifications?
If so HOW?

Just today I stopped receiving notifications. Recordings are happening but no notifications. I didn’t change anything with the App permissions or any Android settings. They just stopped. And yes they are “checked” inthe used mode settings.
I tried resetting the Base a few times, reformatting the SD, switching off and on the Cams. Rebooted the phone. Removed cach and App data, deinstalled the Eufy Security App and reinstalled it.
Nothing - no more notifications.

Still no solutions from Anker/Eufy. Thats disappointing. I did a total new set-up and then it went good for a while. The problem however of ‘no notifications’ is still there. I assume that Anker/Eufy is working on a (software)solution. In my opinion the notification is a crucial part of safety from a safetycam. It’s Ankers/Eufy’s turn now!

Coming back from work yesterday I told myself lets play. Before entering my apartment I have changed the Security Mode from Disarmed to Home. In Home I have Notifications and Recordings enabled for two cams and… out of the blue just like that I started to receive noitifications once again (the recordings continued like before when no notifications were generated). I did nothing to my setup. I was away at work. I didn’t do anything to my phone. Its so unpredictable.
Anyway I am also in contact with support, but they want me to “record” a situation that I can show them that no Notification/Recording happens. Up till now I was able to reproduce the steps needed to enter such a state. I did one recording during the phase when I had recording but no notifications that I am not satisfied with. Today or tomorrow will try for a second time. But then its up to Anker.

There was an update today for de homebase and the cam as well. Maybe this update solved the problems. Just update your software en try.

Hello! @bo13 Sincerely apologize for all inconvenience caused by the failure of recording and notification. Could you please try disabling and then re-enabling the ‘Motion Detection’ to see whether recording and push resume to normal (Step: Slide the left menu>Go to My Devices>Associated cameras>Motion Detection settings>Enable Motion Detection)?

If no, could you please try rebooting the HomeBase (Steps: unplug the AC power adapter>press the CYCLE button located on the left of the AC power outlet>re-plug the AC power adapter)? Please observe for some time and see whether the recording resumes to normal or not.

If the issue still persists after rebooting, please try remove and re-add the camera in your eufy Security App. The specific steps are as follows:

-Remove the camera in the eufy Security App (Step: slide the left menu> Go to My Devices>Associated camera >Remove Device);

-Rebooting the HomeBase (Steps: unplug the AC power adapter>press the CYCLE button located on the left of the AC power outlet>re-plug the AC power adapter);

-Re-add the camera to the App.

Please save the important vedio clip before camera removal and also observe for some time whether the recording resumes to normal or not.

If the issue still occurs, please try to contact support@eufylife.com. Our staff will forward your issue to our associated engineers for a further analysis. Thank you!

@Michiel No updates for me since June. Checking manually for both Base and each Cam I get “You’re on the latest firmware”.
@AnkerSupport I am in contact with support. I am able to reproduce the situation when in the App the Notifications and Recordings are enabled but they do not happen. Support asked me for a video demonstrating such a case and I have made one and have sent them. Am waiting for comments and/or reply - they did ask me for additional details which I provided.
A few days ago when for the first time I wanted to record such a video for Support I encountered a yet different problem for the first time: I totally stopped receiving Notifications but the Recordings were happening. This was also reported by a different user.
I have performed the steps that you suggested many times in order to get back the Notifications: rebooting the Base from the App, unplugging from power, deleting cache and local data for the App in Android, uninstalling and reinstalling the Eufy App on the phone. Disconnecting and reconnecting the cameras, turning On and Off the cameras. Of course I made no changes to my Android phone. Nothing. Such a situation persisted for the next two days until out of the blue the Notiifications started happening again. Just like that, with no changes. Of course I am unable to register/record any undeterministic situation, but at least my “current” problem I can reproduce and I have documented it.

My current system version for the cams is 1.9.2 and the current subversion system is 2.0.6.3-0627-eu.
For de homebase 1.1.0.8 and subversion system 1.3.0.9. There could be a difference between the EU-systemversions and other parts of the world, the answer on that Anker/Eufy can give.

I’m in the EU as well and I have:
Base: 1.1.0.1 / 1.3.0.9
both Cams: 1.8.9 / 2.0.6.1-0404-eu

But I believe you have the non E (first) version. So the Hardware is different.
I have the “E” version.

You’re right. I have the EufyCam and not the E-version.

@Bo13 & @Michiel When your issue get resolved, please share the solution here for the benefit of other members.

Two hours ago got firmware updates. Even though its different hardware but same firmware. So now I am as well on:
Base: 1.1.0.8 / 1.3.0.9
Cams: 1.9.2 / 2.0.6.3-0627-eu

But it didn’t solve my problem. I can still recreate the situation where in the Home secutity mode and wioth Notify+Record selected for each cam I don’t get notifications and no recordings happen.

With firmware v1.9.3 for cameras and v1.1.1.0 for the Base (got them this morning) my problem where no recordings and no notifications happen has been fixed.

1 Like

Congratulations! Enjoy your cams.

Hi, New owner of the eufyCam E 2 camera system w/ home base. Received it on Sunday, set it up on Monday, having problems on Tuesday.

On Monday the push notifications worked fine. I got home from work today and they no longer work. The video is recorded, but I do not receive any push notification on my Moto G6 Android phone. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the cameras and also restarted the home base using the method above (unplugging, pressing cycle button once, plugging back in). None of this has helped.

System info…
HOME BASE
System Version 1.1.1.0
Subsystem Version 1.3.0.9
Firmware says “up to date”

CAMERA 1
System Version 1.9.3
Subsystem Version 2.0.6.3-0627-us

CAMERA 2
System Version 1.9.3
Subsystem Version 2.0.6.3-0627-us

Sincerely,
Frustrated Buyer

Hi @johnjx5 , have you tried re-installing the apps on your phone and/or checked that notifications for the app within Android have not been disabled?

@ndalby I did not uninstall/reinstall the app on my phone but I did check to see that notifications on the phone were allowed from eufy (which they were). I will add that this morning I left for work and the two cameras sent push notifications to my phone. I have no idea what happened overnight, but for now it’s working again. Will repost if they stop again. Thanks.

Since today - after the latest update of the home base this afternoon (Europe central time) - I get notifications when movement is detected but there are no recordings available on the local storage sd card. Anyone experiencing the same problem?

I already have rebooted the system, formatted the sd card and pressed the cycle button without any result.
Still no recordings.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. This issue has been optimized with the efforts of technicians. Please try again.If you have any usage problems, please contact our customer team via support@eufylife.com.We will reply to you as soon as possible.

eufy Security Team

1 Like

Hello! @johnjx5 Sincerely apologize for all inconvenience caused by the push notification.
Could you please help to confirm whether the ‘Push Notification’ is ticked (√)in your eufy Security App (Step: Mode>Associated HomeBase> Both Home and Away mode settings >Associated camera>Tick Push Notification) and whether all cameras (or only one of camera) have (has) the issue of push notification failure? If the ‘Push Notification’ is ticked in both Home and Away mode, please try contacting support@eufylife.com. Our associated support staff will forward your issue to our engineer team for a further checking. Sincerely thank you for your valuable time!